Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Serpentis Corporation was initially a Gallentean research firm that evolved into a drug cartel? Read more here.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: NAVIES REQUEST CAPSULEER ASSISTANCE  (Read 7575 times)

Jace

• Veteran
Re: NAVIES REQUEST CAPSULEER ASSISTANCE
« Reply #30 on: 21 Oct 2014, 04:56 »

The cluster has been stagnant for some time now. At least it wasn't silent for the last couple weeks, as well. The silence is the unnerving part for me. Before we can ask for a specific type of world news and live events, we need world news and live events of any sort. This year has been one of the worst on record for World News. So to finally have something happen that everyone can participate in if they so wish was rather nice.

And it absolutely can have IC meaning for characters. There will be consequences for the character of Jace for not donating. I have this sneaking suspicion that a lot of the criticism is coming from those that do not like things that primarily revolve around the four empires and their competition with each other. Well, sorry - the four empires drive the cluster.
« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2014, 04:59 by Jace »

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #31 on: 21 Oct 2014, 05:01 »

And a second comment I have about the whole thing is that it turns out the naysaying that the event would be meaningless to participate in because the traders would dominate the donations and make everyone else irrelevant turned out to be completely wrong. It was the organized groups of people that made the difference because the trillionaires stayed out of it. So the organized participation of loyal groups of capsuleers are what turned out to be the most meaningful part of the event - you can't get much better than that for meaningful participation.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #32 on: 21 Oct 2014, 07:35 »

Did nobody else see the bit of the live stream where both Seagull and Fozzie promised that there would be a lot more happening in universe, both as news items and actual Thingsā„¢ in game?

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #33 on: 21 Oct 2014, 08:59 »

And CCP promising stuff tends to work out well for everyone involved.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #34 on: 21 Oct 2014, 09:19 »

And CCP promising stuff tends to work out well for everyone involved.

I got a response from Seagull out of this on an AMA a while back, and it does seem like she wants to make EVE have something of a living world. Consider that she's only been in for about 2-3 months, and we've already had a reasonably successful event - already a change from the massive dry spell following CCP's last disastrous event. So, I'll remain cautiously optimistic that if the popularity of these events hold up, we might actually get to see some world activity.

The thing that concerns me is the lack of general background stuff happening. The Gallente election should be happening shortly, yet we've not heard a peep out of anyone - no candidates, no issues, nothing.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #35 on: 21 Oct 2014, 10:01 »

Yeah, events are less important to me than the background moving on. We do our own stuff when it comes to events. We declare wars, we pew in space, hell... they're trying to resurrect the A'J thing. It's the continuation of the storyline that is needed to drive the RP forwards.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #36 on: 21 Oct 2014, 11:19 »

I didn't see anything about only the Amarr ship coming out in December. Where was this mentioned ?

The same livestream where the results were announced.

Oh. Well, that's that then.
\o/

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
« Reply #37 on: 21 Oct 2014, 13:07 »

I will say I am worried that there hasn't been any new world news yet about this.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #38 on: 21 Oct 2014, 13:13 »

3 of the devs apparently missed a connecting flight on their way home after Vegas. It's possible Falcon was one of them. Since he usually is the one who posts the news articles (not sure if it's automated) it's possible he hasn't been in the office to do so yet or has had other stuff on his plate to work through first.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #39 on: 21 Oct 2014, 20:20 »

The thing that concerns me is the lack of general background stuff happening. The Gallente election should be happening shortly, yet we've not heard a peep out of anyone - no candidates, no issues, nothing.

This. I might have a stroke if they don't do a series of World News about this.

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
« Reply #40 on: 21 Oct 2014, 20:35 »

I wish they would hire one writer whose job was to write an article of NPC doings a week. Probably wouldn't even need to pay them much.

Of course, last time they tried something like that we ended up with Tony G, so maybe I should be careful what I wish for.

It has to be paid too. Because the person has to have the authority to make PF, and they were never willing to give volunteers that authority.
« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2014, 20:37 by Gaven Lok ri »

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #41 on: 21 Oct 2014, 21:12 »

I wish they would hire one writer whose job was to write an article of NPC doings a week. Probably wouldn't even need to pay them much.

Of course, last time they tried something like that we ended up with Tony G, so maybe I should be careful what I wish for.

It has to be paid too. Because the person has to have the authority to make PF, and they were never willing to give volunteers that authority.

If that were the case and it were up for vote. I'd vote for Gosakumori Noh to be that person.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #42 on: 21 Oct 2014, 21:57 »

3 of the devs apparently missed a connecting flight on their way home after Vegas. It's possible Falcon was one of them. Since he usually is the one who posts the news articles (not sure if it's automated) it's possible he hasn't been in the office to do so yet or has had other stuff on his plate to work through first.

Got confirmation that Falcon did indeed miss the connection home to Iceland. Article probably will be up in a day or two. :)
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #43 on: 22 Oct 2014, 21:13 »

I honestly don't see how "Buy shit. Deliver to dude." is worth doing. These scavenger hunts never really appealed to me.

Primarily because it's something unique to EVE. :P I've done a million kill-fetch quests in MMOs. In EVE being able to participate purely through peaceful activities is something I find so cool.

Though I think it may have been better to establish set delivery stations rather than being able to contract from everywhere, to add a bit more content to it.

I'll be honest: At this point if CCP announced some event where some rare ore is discovered to exist in some small pockets of space all over EVE and you have to scan them out then mine them the old-school way to deliver to NPC rep for donation to be analyzed and it's properties understood, then possibly get bounty for it as time goes on, I'd re-sub right now and go do that.

It would require

A) exploration
B) mining
C) Risk assessment and security to evade/defeat and potential competition to your activities and it would be doable in high/low/null by pretty much anyone for some rep boost and/or recognition from the Empires/whoever you deliver this too. Hell traders would suddenly get something to heckle each other over, frantically trying to out-bid each other to get more of this stuff from the miners to deliver for their own fat rewards, if they make it profitable enough for the average Joe to sell it to them instead of delivering it to NPC's.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #44 on: 22 Oct 2014, 21:36 »

There's no way I would participate in that kind of event. But I'm totally fine with that - I think there should absolutely be a variety of types of events. That sort I wouldn't participate in, others I would.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5