Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the ISHAEKA Reports warned about the Sansha Nation Incursions possiblily occuring.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Most Wanted: Character Archetypes  (Read 9475 times)

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
Most Wanted: Character Archetypes
« on: 04 Aug 2014, 08:33 »

I've noticed some desire for certain character archetypes that are "missing" or underrepresented in the EVE RP landscape. Stuff like people saying that they would like to see another Blood Raider ala Silas Vitalia, or that there's sadly nobody playing a certain type of Caldari or that there are not enough Serpentis characters being played.

Here you inform people who are thinking about creating a new char about which kind of characters would be most benificial for a diverse and interesting RP landscape. You can also provide tips on how you think the character should be portrayed in order to be most effective in doing so, and what potential pitfalls should be avoided and how.

You can vote (10 times) for archetypes already listed, or nominate a new one, and I'll likely add it to the list.

Unpopular nominees may be removed after some time (remember to come back to vote for your nominees once I've added them), and I might perform a vote reset upon request when the list has changed.
« Last Edit: 05 Aug 2014, 17:33 by Ché Biko »
-OOChé

Lyn Farel

Re: Most Wanted: Character Archetypes
« Reply #1 on: 04 Aug 2014, 09:53 »

That's a good idea.

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #2 on: 04 Aug 2014, 10:26 »

I vote Blood Raider of course. But was Silas a Bleeder or just a Sani Sabik? From my experience, there are a lot of conflicting beliefs within the Sani Sabik community. Like, according to Sanguina Dieudonne, that one must believe in red god to be Sani Sabik. Or like according to the Source and Omir Sarikusa's regime, all that is required to be Sani Sabik is to have your name in the Covenant's Book of the Dead. There are a ton of other subtleties as well between known capsuleer Sani Sabik sects and the Blood Raider Covenant, but maybe that would need its own thread.

Are you, Che, going to be playing this role? Or whoever is to play the role, will you decide to have yet another Sani Sabik sect with its own beliefs or work for the current Blood Raider regime in Delve?

Dessau

« Reply #3 on: 04 Aug 2014, 10:37 »

A lot of recent comments on the board here seem to suggest that the current RP community is a bit fragmented, with small, specialized groups developing content amongst themselves. We now have established and larger groups U'K and PIE heating up the south, but mostly there are smaller enclaves who do not necessarily interact much, I think. Someone please correct me on that if I am mistaken; there may be larger-scale activities worthy of mention not on my radar.

That said, some things I haven't seen yet in my short time in the community are:
  • Caldari State loyalists pushing for a smaller State-aligned corp to make CEP
  • Thukker-aligned capsuleers
  • Cohesive capsuleer mercenary organization

Mercing might be tough since that is heavily slanted to fleet PvP, so RP would likely be secondary. Since we can't actually get a State NPC corp added to the CEP, it would be more in-game moving and shaking to elevate that corp's profile. The only vocal Thukker I have seen is Karyn Denton (sp?), who does active drug production out of Metropolis, but there are Thukker agents to support standings and LP, afaik.

I guess my concern is further fracturing of an already small percentage of the community, but I agree people should play whatever interests them. The key might be to find ways to get smaller niche groups aligned with or against one another.

Odelya

« Reply #4 on: 04 Aug 2014, 10:52 »

More Khanids (who don’t go Angel or Sabik after three months!)!
Ammatar guys!
Jin-Mei folks!
{Intellectual (sic!) Minmatar} cultural anthropologists studying the civilisations of EVE!

[And please: I feel very lonely at the Tetrimon front!]

Dessau

« Reply #5 on: 04 Aug 2014, 10:59 »

I do have a Khanid alt, but I am shite at proper Amarr RP...

...also, seconding Jin-Mei.

Edit: removed class-less self plug. :|
« Last Edit: 04 Aug 2014, 11:12 by Dessau »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #6 on: 04 Aug 2014, 12:40 »

One of the few types of characters I have yet to see - which means that I have not seen in my 6+ years of eve - are lesser bloodlines like :

- Mannar : fucking hawkish mannar federals that tell the caldari reclaimers to stfu, after all, the mannar burnt down their planet to the ground like baws. Why u cyring for your home planet caldari ?  :P
- Udorian : tash murkonites with clear and reclaimed udorian ancestry.
- Ealurian : harsh to play I guess.  :lol:
- Nefantars (republic loyalists).

Sorry for those that actually played such characters for not having met them.

But more seriously, maybe already focusing on key archetypes that are lacking instead of obscure ones might be a good idea ?

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: 04 Aug 2014, 13:33 »

But more seriously, maybe already focusing on key archetypes that are lacking instead of obscure ones might be a good idea ?
+1

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #8 on: 04 Aug 2014, 18:47 »

Postmodern Activist

With Activist supposedly a Gallentean starting trait, why are the only ones we see fighting slavery? Why not a Drone Rights activist? Why not a Bodymodder Rights activist? Why not a Clone Rights activist? What about Pro-Human(anti-clone) Activists, or whatever?

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #9 on: 05 Aug 2014, 00:58 »

Postmodern Activist

With Activist supposedly a Gallentean starting trait, why are the only ones we see fighting slavery? Why not a Drone Rights activist? Why not a Bodymodder Rights activist? Why not a Clone Rights activist? What about Pro-Human(anti-clone) Activists, or whatever?

Booster rights isn't good enough for you? Pfft.

Ché Biko

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: 05 Aug 2014, 11:10 »

Are you, Che, going to be playing this role? Or whoever is to play the role, will you decide to have yet another Sani Sabik sect with its own beliefs or work for the current Blood Raider regime in Delve?
Well, I do have a couple ideas for characters that are inspired by the Vampire: The Masquerade paths of enlightenment, but considering two believers of the same faith still have differing beliefs, I see no reason why that can't be compatible with working for the Blood Raiders. But it's not likely I'll do this anytime soon, as picking this part to play would require doing some homework, and I don't think I'm willing to make that investment just yet.

[..] some things I haven't seen yet in my short time in the community are:
  • Cohesive capsuleer mercenary organization
I don't know if you've heard of Stormcrows, but I thought they were kind of mercenary? Anyway, I'm not sure if an organization really counts as a character... :|

Right! You are welcome to nominate those as well. Most Wanted is Most Wanted, wether it is Frrrozen Haute Chocolate or a nice pizza.

Also, I thought I enabled 10 votes p.p., but..I guess not? Anyway, I wanted to change the # of votes p.p. to like 45, but it appears that is the one thing you can't modify. :( Perhaps a Mod or Admin can help out?
« Last Edit: 05 Aug 2014, 17:39 by Ché Biko »
-OOChé

Dessau

« Reply #11 on: 05 Aug 2014, 11:42 »

I don't know if you've heard of Stormcrows, but I thought they were kind of mercenary? Anyway, I'm not sure if an organization really counts as a character... :|

Point well taken, only in certain countries are corporations considered people. Also, thanks for the info about Stormcrows,  I was unaware of their mercenary status.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #12 on: 05 Aug 2014, 13:17 »

Right! You are welcome to nominate those as well. Most Wanted is Most Wanted, wether it is Frrrozen Haute Chocolate or a nice pizza.

I sadly lack an up to date topological overview of the RP community since I have not been ingame for long.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #13 on: 05 Aug 2014, 16:57 »

Also, I thought I enabled 10 votes p.p., but..I guess not? Anyway, I wanted to change the # of votes p.p. to like 45, but it appears that is the one thing you can't modify. :( Perhaps a Mod or Admin can help out?
Set votes per user to 10.  Did you really mean 45, or did you mean 4 or 5?  I don't know that you can have more votes than there are options... am confuse.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Ché Biko

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: 05 Aug 2014, 17:26 »

Well, considering the number of options is likely to go up and down a bit, and with the new knowledge that I can't alter the # of votes each time, I figured it best to set it to a number that it probably would not reach. But I think you're right, and the max # of posts is tied to the options, so I guess 10 votes is fine.

Yes people, a decrease in options is possible, if, after some time, there's like only one vote for them, or none at all, if you don't vote for your own nominees. After all, this is about the MOST wanted. Also, because the list is not set in stone, I may do a vote reset upon request until it stabilizes.
« Last Edit: 05 Aug 2014, 17:36 by Ché Biko »
-OOChé
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6