Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Egonics inc. makes a headset called an Egone that broadcasts music directly into a wearer's brain?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Most Wanted: Character Archetypes  (Read 9477 times)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Most Wanted: Character Archetypes
« Reply #30 on: 08 Sep 2014, 13:26 »

Also Khanid.  Always more Khanid, loyal to Khanid II.

:)

Go Reclaim the hell out of your old mansion then.

Go Reclaim the WINE too. ALL THE WINE.

Well I mean, the wine that didn't burn.

Last time I checked, Silas was p cool with who ended up owning all that stuff. ;)

* Arista Shahni waves small Kingdom small flag, alone, and neither an Angel or a Sabik, and a Zealot who has not Lost Her Shit.
^ Also am I a flag now too? Multipurpose hat, hurr hurr. :lol:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #31 on: 08 Sep 2014, 13:29 »

I know. It was a subtle way to tell Silas that complaining about the lack of Khanid loyalists after giving King Khanid the middle finger is amusing.  :P

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #32 on: 08 Sep 2014, 14:18 »

Well there is an inherent difficult in locking yourself into an archetype that *never varies*.  The most vocal examples are not the only ones.  A character that never changes or grows will become inherently stagnant.  Even if its the most beautiful crystal rose or china doll of a character that's cool and awesome and whatever to everyone else in the whole wide world, never changing is also boring as hell to do.  IDK why Silas lost those award winning vineyards, but I wouldn't be surpised of part of it was Silas' player went "I feel like doing this" - whether it was inherent in background from the get-go, incorporated with hindsight masterminding (Its possible she could have been planning this all along / she's always been like this so lets shoehorn that in), or inspired by other players.

Ari can and does get boring to play.  End of story.  The fact that I am pretty officially alone in being a relatively (with a broad useage of the term relative) "mainstream" Amarrian priest to the point that Imperial Amarrians will consult her in a pinch (primarily because of the lack of Imperial priests left playing, period, who haven't swan-dived off of one deep end or another) has probably done the opposite of what it does with most people -- instead of leaving the situation because it is lonely, I'm staying because it feels necessary.

Morwen is also indeed now a Kingdom loyalist, and I believe a Kingdom resident.  The two of us have amazing tea parties.

In more disconnected sections of the Khanid RP Community I'm already hilariously aware of a few of their leanings through IC knowledge cause I've clique-hopped a bit.

But in general people want to both socialize and segregate simultaneously, therefore with 1,2 or even say 3 Khanid loyalists, "Party is small and boring, I'm leaving".

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #33 on: 08 Sep 2014, 14:32 »

I just wanted to take this moment to say that CCP has never stopped royally fucking over the Jin-Mei and anyone who wants to roleplay one.

Dessau

« Reply #34 on: 08 Sep 2014, 15:15 »

I just wanted to take this moment to say that CCP has never stopped royally fucking over the Jin-Mei and anyone who wants to roleplay one.

Not empty quoting. (I voted Jin-Mei.)

Lyn Farel

« Reply #35 on: 08 Sep 2014, 15:37 »

Wasn't blaming Silas. The coming out of the closet was awesome.

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #36 on: 11 Sep 2014, 04:08 »

I have a Khanid Cyber-Knight alt...but I don't do much with her right now because trying to come up with what being a cyber-knight means without any real helpful info got somewhat tiring when trying to also not :do it wrong:
I will likely be bringing her out a little more often, but that remains to be seen.
I also have a Jin Mei alt...the culture sounded really cool, but again, with the lack of a decent foundation, I just kind of gave up on the alt for the time being.
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #37 on: 11 Sep 2014, 05:55 »

I like more space cowboys.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #38 on: 11 Sep 2014, 07:11 »

I also have a Jin Mei alt...the culture sounded really cool, but again, with the lack of a decent foundation, I just kind of gave up on the alt for the time being.

A couple thousand times this. I put quite a lot of effort trying to get my Jin-Mei alt going but eventually got pissed enough about the lack of PF about them that I just biomassed him. I think it is the only bloodline I no longer have an alt of.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #39 on: 11 Sep 2014, 08:49 »

I have a Khanid Cyber-Knight alt...but I don't do much with her right now because trying to come up with what being a cyber-knight means without any real helpful info got somewhat tiring when trying to also not :do it wrong:
I will likely be bringing her out a little more often, but that remains to be seen.

During my extremely brief time on Mercury fiction team I tried to write a detailed evelopedia entry for Khanid Cyberknights but my approach was shot down :/

Actually for my 'interview' one of my submissions was a detailed history of the initial Amarr colonization of the Khanid area up to the present time

Khanid RP had its golden time when the faction was new and they were getting fiction and events, and there were enough of us nerds in organized Khanid groups.   Having things be tense with the Empire also added a lot of spice and possibilities, before the FW fiction consolidation for all minor factions.

Ima start a thread in 'fiction' and info dump my writings!

« Last Edit: 11 Sep 2014, 09:15 by Silas Vitalia »

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #40 on: 11 Sep 2014, 19:18 »

Morwen is also indeed now a Kingdom loyalist, and I believe a Kingdom resident.

tbh I would say you have it backwards. Resident definitely, citizen... theoretically. Loyalist... questionable. ;)
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #41 on: 11 Sep 2014, 20:37 »

I intended Egivand to be a free-man of sorts, with a dash of space cowboy (or rather, a whole bucket of paint of space cowboy). However, considering that capsuleers are immortal, rich as all heck and that part where the technology that enables them to mind-transfer to another clone and fly his ship isn't something that one person can maintain by himself, it sort of dilutes the space cowboy feel. Which is a shame!

So I can only try to make him space cowboy-ish in certain aspects.

Also, more space cowboys.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #42 on: 13 Sep 2014, 15:37 »

What is a space cowboy?
Because, at the moment, all I can come up with is "Thukker".
If a cowboy herds cows, then what are the space cows?
-OOChé

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #43 on: 13 Sep 2014, 16:33 »

Think Mal, except egger.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #44 on: 13 Sep 2014, 23:32 »

Think Mal, except egger.

Or if you do not watch Serenity or Firefly, think Han Solo before he fell in with the Rebellion or Spike from Cowboy Bebop.

Also for your reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Western
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6