Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Saxon Hawke has the inscription "A man travels the universe in search of what he needs and returns home to find it." added near the entry port of every ship he purchases?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: [Character] Nauplius  (Read 24093 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: [Character] Nauplius
« Reply #30 on: 10 Mar 2014, 10:46 »

Well, the 24th has always had issues with recruiting proper religious types  8)

Bein' a FW loyalist ain't easy, yo. 

Nauplius

• Clonejack
« Reply #31 on: 10 Mar 2014, 11:11 »

This probably isn't the best character to explore the consequences "on the ground" of maybe-criminal actions in space, as I never really represented him as "owning" very much planetside or having family besides one brother, also an Empyrean.

All that said, I do not intend to claim this character is walking around Danera V (his home) or Dam-Torsad or anywhere outside of CONCORD (or lawless) jurisdiction anymore.

Note on the "Book of Bloodletting" post:  1 Samuel 15 in the Bible provided the form, and some of the language; I went back and forth on the matter of "King James English", which is used in one of the canon Amarr Scripture passages but which I imagine is even harder than normal for non-native speakers to read. 

For the moment, I see this character as retaining his theism and the doctrine of Amarr being Chosen; the wiki seems to say that the Sani Sabek groups vary on that latter point, some of them retaining something close to mainline Amarr views on the matter.  He now differs from mainstream Amarr with an increasing interest in blood, acceptance of violent Apocryphal Scriptures, and increasing rejection of the regular religious authorities in favor of direct revelation (the mechanism of which I'll leave vague for now) and interpretation.

Dewgong

• The Seacow
  • Clonejack
« Reply #32 on: 10 Mar 2014, 20:58 »

Sani Sabik for life.

The Empire preaches the false god, as only the Red God is true!

Thankfully he Sani Sabik faith shares many things with the Empire's version of the Faith, using mostly the same scriptures.  Making the transition is actually rather easy, since one doesn't have to go full savage like a Raider to be Sabik.

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
« Reply #33 on: 12 Mar 2014, 15:57 »

I wish you had gone apocalyptic rather than sani sabik oriented. That or actual hardline Tetrimon as they are in lore. Tetrimon are not the liberal types that most people play them as. See the article on them murdering freed slaves, for example.

But really a nice hardline non-EoM apocalypse is nigh cult would be a good addition to EVE. Could even write up a story of the decline and fall of the Amarr and the coming of the end times. Would also work well with the self proclaimed prophethood.

My only complaint with Nauplius is the "in 24IC" thing. Makes retaliation really hard.

Ascentior

• Admiral
  • Clonejack
« Reply #34 on: 12 Mar 2014, 17:26 »

I'd like to echo earlier statements in saying thank you for this write up.

Also, now that you've come out and offered duels (which PIE can't accept btw), I thought I'd chime in here.
I've contacted the relevant authorities (Grand Inquisitor) to try and get them to name Nauplius a Heretic and confirm him as a false prophet. With the intention of using their damnation of the character to get 24th IC to boot him.
This was done before I was aware of this thread, and was a natural IC response from Ascentior - feed them to the authorities - as well as an experiment to see if public heresy by both proclamation and actions is enough to get the actors to get involved.

I'll keep you updated with what's happening. I really hope this is enough to have the actors do something meaningful.
Also, thank you for the conflict driver. Also a shame to see you go all blood drinker though.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #35 on: 12 Mar 2014, 18:09 »

I'd like to echo earlier statements in saying thank you for this write up.

Also, now that you've come out and offered duels (which PIE can't accept btw), I thought I'd chime in here.
I've contacted the relevant authorities (Grand Inquisitor) to try and get them to name Nauplius a Heretic and confirm him as a false prophet. With the intention of using their damnation of the character to get 24th IC to boot him.
This was done before I was aware of this thread, and was a natural IC response from Ascentior - feed them to the authorities - as well as an experiment to see if public heresy by both proclamation and actions is enough to get the actors to get involved.

I'll keep you updated with what's happening. I really hope this is enough to have the actors do something meaningful.
Also, thank you for the conflict driver. Also a shame to see you go all blood drinker though.

Nothing is going to happen.  CCP's current philosophy is not going to allow them to start booting people out of their chosen activities due to Roleplay reasons.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Ascentior

• Admiral
  • Clonejack
« Reply #36 on: 12 Mar 2014, 23:02 »

To be honest Tib, I think there's a great it's not going to get anywhere as well, but if we don't start trying, we'll DEFINITELY not get anywhere.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #37 on: 13 Mar 2014, 08:36 »

[irony]CCP: "Everything in Eve has a consequence! Except RP."[/irony]

I share the scepticism in regard to CCP-actors doing anything substantial about it. Still, kudos for trying. I agree that even if CCP doesn't do anything about it,it is still better the RP community tried to make the actors act.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #38 on: 13 Mar 2014, 12:41 »

Nothing is going to happen.  CCP's current philosophy is not going to allow them to start booting people out of their chosen activities due to Roleplay reasons.
Unless the people in question are ok with being booted for roleplay reasons, perhaps. Perhaps a proper scolding could be an alternative. :twisted:
-OOChé

Nauplius

• Clonejack
« Reply #39 on: 13 Mar 2014, 16:23 »

Nauplius is now a member of a non-NPC corporation (whose only other member is his alt).

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #40 on: 13 Mar 2014, 16:48 »

Nauplius is now a member of a non-NPC corporation (whose only other member is his alt).

*hat tip* to allowing rp to have in-game consequences.

Oh and I've told my carebears in SFRIM about your mention of us in the duel invitation.  I don't think me and my battle badger would go to far  but who knows there's a few SFRIM carebears with teeth who might take you up on it and try. *giggles*

confused as to why PIE can't duel you though? can Gavin elaborate?

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #41 on: 13 Mar 2014, 18:08 »

Duels are off limits to PIE due to corporation regulations. Also, yes, kudos to you, Nauplius, for moving into a player run corp! You're bigger than CCP. ;)

Ascentior

• Admiral
  • Clonejack
« Reply #42 on: 24 Mar 2014, 19:23 »

Been trying to get back to also give a friendly nod to you. Well done for following through.
Let's hope we can make it worthwhile.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #43 on: 25 Mar 2014, 01:41 »

We've had some pretty fun fights. Those slicer 1v1s were pretty nerve-wracking. Double heat sink fits chew through each other like paper.

Templar Ordo

• Capsule 23
  • Clonejack
  • Focus determines your reality
    • Moment 23
« Reply #44 on: 04 May 2014, 04:19 »

So can we expect to see Nauplius continue proclaiming his new idea of Faith?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9