Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The 1st Praetorian Guard is an Amarrian Imperial Navy-affiliated Special Operations unit? Read more here

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: [Character] Nauplius  (Read 23952 times)

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
Re: [Character] Nauplius
« Reply #75 on: 16 Sep 2014, 13:39 »

I think you can expand on the Nauplius premise while staying in mechanics. The thing about Apocalypses is that they have conditions that are supposed to happen before the end times come, so you can do things like write in the destruction of the towers as part of the conditions that must be fulfilled before the Red God returns in the Ark and ends time. Ect. Then of course as time goes by and the apocalypse does not happen, then you have to update the narrative with new conditions.

I linked the Pseudo-Methodius excerpts because those provide a good example of people using defeats as a sign that a great victory is soon to come.

I definitely am not suggesting that you back down from the slave stuff, I like what you are doing quite a bit there, rather I think an apocalyptic direction would add a nice depth to what you are already doing. :)

Jikahr

• Egger
  • Grumpy Cat Amarr
« Reply #76 on: 16 Sep 2014, 22:26 »

If you did go full apocalyptic, would the Equilibrium of Mankind seem like a more appropriate group than the Blood Raiders?

https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Equilibrium_of_Mankind
Currently training Verbosity to level V.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #77 on: 17 Sep 2014, 08:14 »

Koro and co. did some substantial lore building with the EoM, and seemed to have picked and prodded out every bit of Imperial history dealing with them along the way.  Some very interesting stuff related to the EVE gate and the 'fall' of civilization and the role of the EoM faithful to correct what they see as the current imbalances.

With Nauplius though, I'm curious more about the ideology? Is he Omir and Raider aligned? Is this more of a 'Red God' sect?  I haven't been keeping up on posts but I'm wondering what the next layer is after the killing etc of the heathens?

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #78 on: 17 Sep 2014, 08:20 »

There's more to Nappy's Blooder thing than... you know, bleeding? I haven't caught any actual red god/sani sabik stuff in his posts yet.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #79 on: 17 Sep 2014, 08:25 »

I've seen shoutouts for 'red god' but I haven't caught much specific ideology.

That's Naupilius' choice of course what to share and not share IC. 

One does sometimes have to worry about twisting that mustache particularly hard in public though depending on whats behind it.

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #80 on: 17 Sep 2014, 08:52 »

He has stated that he is against the current Omir regime of Blood Raiders and that he wants the Amarr to join with the Covenant, but without the covenant's tattooed members, minmatar members, or pleasure hubs.

So his ideology, it would seem, is that he is an Amarrian that believes in red god instead of Amarr god.

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
« Reply #81 on: 17 Sep 2014, 12:34 »

If you did go full apocalyptic, would the Equilibrium of Mankind seem like a more appropriate group than the Blood Raiders?

https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Equilibrium_of_Mankind

See, the problem with going EoM is that EoM should be *one* apocalyptic group out of many in Amarr. EoM can certainly use more development, but they shouldn't hoover up all apocalyptic tendencies. Amarr has clear scriptures pointing to an triumphal eschatology, and when you have something like that in the core scriptures, you aren't going to get just one group of apocalyptic types.

Also EoM isn't really compatable with Nauplius' prophet of God narrative. EoM has its own apocalyptic prophet, it doesn't need a new prophet figure.

Basically, I think that EoM-like movements with a brand new prophet figure should be popping up just about every other generation, especially when things start going wrong.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #82 on: 17 Sep 2014, 18:04 »

Naupilius throws the word 'hell' around a lot, which is why I'd assumed he has some mishmosh of EoM and Sani Sabik in his head.

He certainly is his own creature. :)

and yus, Arista mourns for his soul.  \o/

Nauplius

• Clonejack
« Reply #83 on: 19 Sep 2014, 06:39 »

The inclusion of "Slave Blooding Laboratories" in the "Temples to the Red God" were an move toward getting Nauplius a more practical, scientific supply of blood that could have been directed toward health purposes along the lines of Blood Raider practices.  As it stands, he does not have the ability to make blood useful beyond ritual purposes.

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
« Reply #84 on: 22 Sep 2014, 08:46 »

On topic: I really like Nauplius' new tactic of using mobile depots as billboards saying things like "PIE worships Molok"

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #85 on: 22 Sep 2014, 08:56 »

On topic: I really like Nauplius' new tactic of using mobile depots as billboards saying things like "PIE worships Molok"

I thought that was pretty funny. It made me giggle.  I also suspect (not being a user of them) a notice might get sent when they got shot up?
« Last Edit: 22 Sep 2014, 10:09 by Lunarisse Aspenstar »

Lucas Raholan

• Holder of the Holy Bottle
  • Clonejack
  • We have Gold ships, yours is inferior
« Reply #86 on: 22 Oct 2014, 13:47 »

You are correct Luna
Liberal Amarr RP'er
I still consider myself pretty new to the RP scene

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #87 on: 22 Oct 2014, 19:35 »

The inclusion of "Slave Blooding Laboratories" in the "Temples to the Red God" were an move toward getting Nauplius a more practical, scientific supply of blood that could have been directed toward health purposes along the lines of Blood Raider practices.  As it stands, he does not have the ability to make blood useful beyond ritual purposes.

Remind me again if there is any reason why Nauplius doesn't poach anyone who has the know-how from the Blood Raiders.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Valadeus

« Reply #88 on: 03 Nov 2014, 16:46 »

I just want to point out that Liam is vehemently opposed to and extremely repulsed by Nauplius every time he's had the displeasure of conversing with him.

But it is all entirely IC, I tend to avoid saying negative things about anyone OOC and generally give people the benefit of the doubt. :)

Alabath Schmidt

• Clonejack
  • Hi!
« Reply #89 on: 13 Nov 2014, 14:50 »

I have lots of fun seeing Nauplius incite Summit. I wish I could fit some of those quotes into my bio. They're classic!
I do wish we could see more of him at the parties that everyone keeps hosting. Just his presence would stir up some fun.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9