Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Blood Raiders as a faction are motivated principally by the desire to draw closer to the Red God? (The Burning Life, p. 56)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Author Topic: CCP Falcon: Live from OOC  (Read 39588 times)

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
Re: CCP Falcon: Live from OOC
« Reply #165 on: 17 Sep 2013, 10:20 »

We all know who it was. Why should we be polite about it, ESPECIALLY when they're rubbing it in everyone's face.

In that direction lies a flamewar.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Anslol

« Reply #166 on: 17 Sep 2013, 10:22 »

Oh so what (no offense Makkal). It's like Silas said, don't start fires if you don't like flames. I can't see a single bit of justification in protecting this person from the 'fruits' of their labor.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #167 on: 17 Sep 2013, 11:04 »

Its just a flat out lie that the Summit somehow has a "strangehold" on EVE RP.  I RPed for years, with I suppose, my character decently well known, before I ever spent more than 5 mins in the Summit.

There really are other ways. 
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #168 on: 17 Sep 2013, 11:55 »

The person who shall remain nameless is a valid point of discussion. Especially since she/he chose to involve themselves directly in this discussion by posting an explanation. While it was snarky, self-assured and factually inaccurate, it does not constitute flaming. Nor does critiquing her actions or assuming ulterior motives. Flaming is being overtly hostile hostile and insulting behaviour. What happened here, regarding this individual and her post was discussion, however heated, of her actions and motives. Some posts may have been insulting, but snipping half a page indicates that she was not "insulted" and this was a preventative action by the mods, which I respect but feel was misjudged.

Without naming the individual in question, then the mod team may as well shut this thread down as Silas suggested, because otherwise the topic is not going to get any further.
« Last Edit: 17 Sep 2013, 12:20 by Nmaro Makari »
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Lyn Farel

« Reply #169 on: 17 Sep 2013, 12:35 »

This thread made me lose even more faith in humanity.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #170 on: 17 Sep 2013, 12:45 »

Oh so what (no offense Makkal). It's like Silas said, don't start fires if you don't like flames. I can't see a single bit of justification in protecting this person from the 'fruits' of their labor.
Backstage is not the place for flamewars. It's a place set up specifically for those who don't want to deal with that sort of thing.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #171 on: 17 Sep 2013, 12:49 »

Backstage is not the place for flamewars. It's a place set up specifically for those who don't want to deal with that sort of thing.

I think so long as people are very careful to keep a firewall (get it?! Hah!) around the topic and limit discussion to that particular thread, and limit spillover to other things, this is an appropriate location to discuss the matter candidly. 

And frankly considering the subject and those involved I highly doubt such discussions can occur in-game without various threats of harassment and other avoidance techniques.  This is as good a medium and a location as any :)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #172 on: 17 Sep 2013, 12:55 »

While it was snarky, self-assured and factually inaccurate, it does not constitute flaming.

I don't like accusing people of having reading comprehension issues, Nemo, but the post was removed for being flamebait not flaming, and Ciarente explicitly stated so. This is almost as much a serious no-no when it's done deliberately for that purpose.

It was definitely intended as flamebait and shit-stirring, considering what happened after it was posted. And no, by the way, I'm not referring to the posts responding to it.

Makkal is correct: Backstage is not the place for flamewars. That's why we don't tolerate people dumping lighter fluid all over the place just as we don't tolerate the people throwing the lit matches.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #173 on: 17 Sep 2013, 12:57 »

It's the last paragraph, isn't it ?

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #174 on: 17 Sep 2013, 13:14 »

This has the potential to screw up EVE RP for years. This whole sorry affair.

As you can see in other threads, members of the events team, Eterne and Falcon, and others, have written a bunch of things, e.g. there's a thing about the Theology Council view on capsuleers.

All of this stuff is as yet, unpublished. But because of its content, is vitally important for RP, as it describes a substantial amount of the game world.

So, all this shenaniganery, putting the events team under pressure and such, might jeopardise the publication of that material. But, because the stuff has been written, and probably put into whatever internal PF repository that CCP has, then it will continue to hang around in some shape or form, colouring any PF that is released, but forever just out of the reach of players.

And, because of players not having the full picture, off they go, happily theorising about stuff, and then, Ka-Blam! stuff gets published, invalidating years of collective player RP.

So. :|
\o/

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #175 on: 17 Sep 2013, 13:18 »

While it was snarky, self-assured and factually inaccurate, it does not constitute flaming.

I don't like accusing people of having reading comprehension issues, Nemo, but the post was removed for being flamebait not flaming, and Ciarente explicitly stated so. This is almost as much a serious no-no when it's done deliberately for that purpose.

It was definitely intended as flamebait and shit-stirring, considering what happened after it was posted. And no, by the way, I'm not referring to the posts responding to it.

Makkal is correct: Backstage is not the place for flamewars. That's why we don't tolerate people dumping lighter fluid all over the place just as we don't tolerate the people throwing the lit matches.

Technical error aside, I think the guillotining of the thread was premature. It's touchy, but it's of importance to the community. I think this will be the last I say here, at least for today.
« Last Edit: 17 Sep 2013, 13:22 by Nmaro Makari »
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #176 on: 17 Sep 2013, 13:38 »

I would just like to step in and make something abundantly clear:

The Mod staff on the Summit and OOC do not consider ourselves the be all and end all of EVE RP. We understand that the Summit and OOC have a set of rules which not everyone agrees on, and have in the past encouraged those seeking an alternate set of rules to found and populate their own channels.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #177 on: 17 Sep 2013, 13:43 »

I would just like to step in and make something abundantly clear:

The Mod staff on the Summit and OOC do not consider ourselves the be all and end all of EVE RP. We understand that the Summit and OOC have a set of rules which not everyone agrees on, and have in the past encouraged those seeking an alternate set of rules to found and populate their own channels.

Part of the reason I'm happy for the existance of these new channels, and wholly encourage anybody who doesn't like moderation in The Summit/OOC to GTFO.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #178 on: 17 Sep 2013, 14:10 »

I know, I know, do not respond to moderated content.

But I'd like to take a moment to direct people to the WGoE public channel where Vea is a moderator. In the motd, it specifically says that most mods will give warnings before banning, but "Vea is a bitch and goes straight for the ban button"

Consider the irony when she says she wants RP channels to be as lightly moderated as possible.

Power is great when it's you whose got it, hmm?

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #179 on: 17 Sep 2013, 14:22 »

It has nothing to do with over/under-moderation. Vea got banned for breaking multiple rules (even if you exclude everything that happened with me) and is butthurt about it. Full stop.

I'll also point out, again, that CCP Falcon (Verone) is the person who originally banned Vea, long before he joined CCP.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21