Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Band of Brothers killed the first titan in EVE?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21

Author Topic: CCP Falcon: Live from OOC  (Read 39523 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: CCP Falcon: Live from OOC
« Reply #60 on: 12 Sep 2013, 15:04 »

Good to see you back to your usual tone, Ixiris! :P

I'm sure you've got some good points to make (no sarcasm) so out with it here if you become more comfortable with it
Here's a hint: observe which faction the preponderence of events visited by CCP actors belonged to. Then consider the reasons why this is so.

You going to back that up, or not ? Which faction are you implying favouritism for ?

All Caldari, All the Times.   :ugh:

Lyn Farel

« Reply #61 on: 12 Sep 2013, 15:04 »

CCP's point on that they need to be accessible for absolutely everyone is legitimate. But I can't help to wonder why withdrawing from our channels too at the same time ? They could have stayed.

That is not consistent with the reasons evoked.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #62 on: 12 Sep 2013, 15:14 »

Purely from my perspective, I've seen considerably more Caldari and Amarr actors than Minmatar or Gallente.

In fact, the only Minmatar actor I can remember ever seeing was Silloneri Balginia, and she only showed up 2 or 3 times.
« Last Edit: 12 Sep 2013, 15:25 by kalaratiri »

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #63 on: 12 Sep 2013, 15:19 »

Maybe some factions had more event actors turning up at player created events, because players of those factions made events worth turning up to ?

I'd like to see this list of event actors turning up in player channels, that is such apparently overwhelming favouritism. Go on, show your working.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #64 on: 12 Sep 2013, 15:29 »

Maybe some factions had more event actors turning up at player created events, because players of those factions made events worth turning up to ?

I'd like to see this list of event actors turning up in player channels, that is such apparently overwhelming favouritism. Go on, show your working.

Purely from my perspective,

I'm not claiming favoritism, simply saying that I have seen more Amarr/Caldari actors than Gallente/Minmatar.

I'm also not talking about player events. I'm talking about 'in general'. There just don't seem to be as many active actors on the Minmatar/Gallente side of things.

Take offence if you like vOv

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #65 on: 12 Sep 2013, 15:35 »

Just to say though, it's not like we have an avalanche of player-run RP events lately that tons of people are showing up to.

Some of you need to get off your capsuleer butts and throw more parties, kidnap more babies, attend more conferences, etc.

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #66 on: 12 Sep 2013, 15:40 »

I'm not claiming favoritism, simply saying that I have seen more Amarr/Caldari actors than Gallente/Minmatar.
Take offence if you like vOv

I was meaning this kind of comment:
Here's a hint: observe which faction the preponderence of events visited by CCP actors belonged to. Then consider the reasons why this is so.
My fault, should have quoted that to begin with, no offence taken or intended.

Anyway:
Which playermade events had all these CCP actors turning up to ?
A blood raider actor turned up at CTCS one day, also appeared at one or more of Silas's parties. An Imperial actor turned up at PIE's tenth anniversary thing.
I don't recall any other player-made events where actors turned up.

So, where did these actors turn up, that this is apparently an issue ?
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #67 on: 12 Sep 2013, 16:31 »

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #68 on: 12 Sep 2013, 17:06 »

Though there is either a written (or unwritren) rule against 'fingerpointing' byu any definition, if poeple wanna actually figure this out and stop obfuscating, just SAY what the hell you've SEEN in regards to Actors.

Example:

There were two Actors at the PIE Event, one which stayed longer than the other.

Desiderya

« Reply #69 on: 12 Sep 2013, 17:24 »

A shame if DevActors wouldn't appear in Player owned channels at all.
The summit is still going to get used, because the policing is the selling point, not the possible presence of devactors.

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #70 on: 12 Sep 2013, 18:44 »

This is functionally acting like local for them : they can say if you want to interact with us (CCP), use these channels to reach us directly. No more player moderation in Live Events, OOC, etc, banning people from the channels CCP is involved in.

It's essentially open door policy due to certain people being stonewalled from CCP interaction.

We (the Sansha) are familiar with this from the pre-Incursion live events, as we heavily moderated the Sansha actor channel for intelligence security. Similarly, the anti-Sansha heavily policed their channel from us interacting with the Empire actors, etc etc.

In that capacity the channel serves a purpose, but I wouldn't use it for anything else.

Yeah, Ghost got it right essentially.

It's to give the impression of 'open access for all' with CCP Devs responsible for live events, RP and the like. And it'll be active in they ways Silas (I think) suggested it would be - observed for signs of CCP actor activity, active when there are CCP Devs in there interacting and quiet at most other times.

It's not meant as a replacement for OOC or The Summit in any sense - I'm guessing the only reasons they chose similar names is because A) one of them is the name of a CCP moderated forum and B) it automagically triggers brain connections that suggest to you what the spaces are all about (and what rules they might have) without the need for a whole lot of exposition.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #71 on: 12 Sep 2013, 18:58 »

Again, the concern isn't their channel. They're welcome to their channel; I understand why it could be called for.

I remain highly upset about the departure from any other means of communication.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #72 on: 12 Sep 2013, 21:05 »

I remain highly upset about the departure from any other means of communication.

There may well be more detail to this that wasn't referenced in the OP but based on the statements in the OP alone, all they're doing is withdrawing from three player-moderated channels: OOC, The Summit and Live Events. In order to keep communication on Dev-run live events open to all they've established Intergalactic Summit and Out of Character channels which will be moderated by the Devs of Illuminati and subject to the game's EULA and TOS.

On that basis, they haven't departed from any other means of communication. I haven't checked it but I believe the Faction Contacts and Declare Your Loyalties stickies in the Live Events Discussion forums on EVE-O are still active and unlocked. EveMail to any of those listed as faction contacts is also still fair play. I'm uncertain about participation in player created mailing lists as there wasn't any definitive statement on it and ML can obviously function like player-run channels to block people from certain avenues of communication.

Likewise, I couldn't find anything in the OP to definitively suggest they're withdrawing from invitations to participate at player-run events.

Were there further comments made by Falcon (or other Devs) in regards to this that do in fact suggest any of these things?

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #73 on: 12 Sep 2013, 21:46 »

When asked on whether a particular faction contact would "only" talk in the new channels, he responded that "event actors will be in Intergalactic Summit from here onward". When another person asked "no where else?" he responded that they would be in local for live events, of course. That's a pretty clear indication to me.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #74 on: 12 Sep 2013, 22:15 »

When asked on whether a particular faction contact would "only" talk in the new channels, he responded that "event actors will be in Intergalactic Summit from here onward". When another person asked "no where else?" he responded that they would be in local for live events, of course. That's a pretty clear indication to me.

I'm still not concerned with the ever shifting seasons, tides, and whims of CCP's interaction with the RP community. Sorry, but as long as they aren't actively shitting on player created content with more TonyG reminiscent nonsense, they can feel quite free to scale back their individual interaction with us. It's always changed wildly from one hand to the next anyways, often multiple times within the supervision of any one CCP manager for various reasons and excuses. Nothing is consistent except change itself with them. Nothing stays as it is, good or bad. I would think by now, Esna, you would be aware of such patterns of inconsistency and change and would not react as strongly against it.

Just relax, man. It'll be okay. It may even be better.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21