Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that a theremax is a musical instrument constructed of a thin, black piece of rubbery material with embedded oscillators that is played by moving one's hands in the electric field it generates? (p. 100)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Live events return!  (Read 10474 times)

Koronakesh

Re: Live events return!
« Reply #15 on: 11 May 2010, 13:16 »

Joy. Now all those of us who weren't around for the AURORA arcs can go through the experience of the oldbies and accrue our own bitterness at CCP for events.

Yoshito Sanders

• Egger
« Reply #16 on: 11 May 2010, 13:34 »

Yay!

This might actually cause me to log in again.

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #17 on: 11 May 2010, 17:09 »

You know, I had a feeling Soter couldn't be that special. :P

Looking forward to seeing what they have planned.
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Rodj Blake

• Egger
  • Amarr Victor Meldrew
« Reply #19 on: 12 May 2010, 04:16 »

Awesome news.

Time to dust off the signed Pax and fire up the Navpoc.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #20 on: 12 May 2010, 04:41 »

You know, I had a feeling Soter couldn't be that special. :P

Looking forward to seeing what they have planned.

Unfortunately he is...he got in DED docs :x

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #21 on: 12 May 2010, 06:03 »

They said something about how the problems of the past wouldn't be repeated, didn't they?

Yes, and I say every day I'm going to drive to one of my customer's houses and murder them in their sleep.

However it is very unlikely that I will actually accomplish what I've said.

Now let's go about this another way: I am generally unimpressed. I mean sure it's cool and all. Ish.

It was in highsec in Ashab, right? So if anyone wanted to be on the side of Sansha's Nation and get in there and raise a fuss: Too fucking bad. No CCP still doesn't love you.

CCP's facilitations of "community outreach" are... less than stellar. I am not really ready to believe their event planners for their live events are really going to kick out anything that is truly "fair" for all parties involved.

So meh I say.

Meh.

Someone else said it best:

Joy. Now all those of us who weren't around for the AURORA arcs can go through the experience of the oldbies and accrue our own bitterness at CCP for events.

IzzyChan

• Omelette
  • 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat
    • IzzyBlog
« Reply #22 on: 12 May 2010, 07:54 »

Yeah, I do hope they make some events so a person can choose either side to fight with/against.

It would just suck if they just deleted sansha from EVE itself and the little Sansha fanboize couldn't do a thing about it. :(

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #23 on: 12 May 2010, 08:00 »

I don't think they'd seriously consider deleting a faction entirely, myself.

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #24 on: 12 May 2010, 08:22 »

It isn't really just about Sansha. It's about the fact that CCP very rarely offers anyone outside of the main empires time to join in the fun.

Faction Warfare? "All the factions get to fight" Well, no. Not really, only 4 of the eight or nine or so factions actually get to fight.

Events: Forget you, pirate corps/alliances that are aligned with various pirate factions, you don't get to help your entities along.

The thing about EVE is that it's a perfect PvP venue. Everything is PvP, even the PvE (you're competing for resources and markets) and the mining. So why would you not use these events as a good reason for highsec empire players to get some solid PvP going with people?

It would make the events more interesting, because let's face it even hundreds of NPC ships that are not smart are not overly difficult to combat, it's just a longer fight. Throw some PCs into it trying to stop you from fighting off their favored faction? Now you've got something going.

Boo on the event team.
Boo.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #25 on: 12 May 2010, 08:57 »

They have run essentially one event, and I have read that it hasn't actually concluded yet.

So have you provided feedback to the team? I think that the most productive and positive thing to do is point out that some players would like to participate in another method, rather than immediately criticize them for not getting it "perfect" right out of the door.

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #26 on: 12 May 2010, 09:07 »

Sure. Point me in a direction. Would be happy to offer constructive criticism.

It's also not about getting it "perfect".

However when attempting to engage the player base as a whole, it does not accomplish that when you are alienating large chunks of said player base.

This is an issue AURORA had. Not their biggest, as hindsight obviously shows, but still a major issue they had.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #27 on: 12 May 2010, 09:09 »

Well, there's a thread linked in the OP, and the devs have responded to several questions and such (including mine).

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #28 on: 12 May 2010, 09:13 »

There is also the scale issue. There isn't really any way for them to interact with everyone. Having events, at least to start with, in populous areas is probably how they can reach the most people.

How would you go about making it so that players could PvP at such events?

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #29 on: 12 May 2010, 09:20 »

Events do not need to be in static locations. Starting in high security to "amass forces" due to an anamoly opening in X system and then bringing the forces with you (with harrassment along the way from NPCs, and upon entering low security harrassment from both NPCs and PCs trying to stop the convoy) until you reach the final destination of where the event is taking place where a large pitched battle.

Just as an "off-the-top-of-my-head" method.

Edit: This would also infuse mild RP into the non-RP players, as well as gather a greater number of people as you move through systems, thusly increasing the scale, mind you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5