Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the higher levels of space stations are restricted to the elite, with capsuleers occupying the very top decks? (The Burning life p. 73)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Erotic Roleplay  (Read 27367 times)

Iwan Terpalen

Re: Erotic Roleplay
« Reply #60 on: 12 Mar 2013, 11:19 »

"I'm very pleased that you like me enough to want to go again but I'm sore and CONCORD won't let me clone jump for another twenty hours."

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #61 on: 12 Mar 2013, 13:42 »

Oh, I wasn't asserting anyone who engages in erotic roleplay thusly has a bad sex life. I was speaking personally.

To elaborate a little: if one has a hole in their life, I feel that EVE is a poor place to fill it (heh, insert penetration pun) because it is merely gratification through simulacrum. This applies not only to the topic at hand but how we treat the game and our lives in general.

I agree would be much better to find real post human sexual experience in zero G with wild eyed amarrian blood cultist heretics and make passionate love while watching colonies burn with liberating anarchic fires through the solid fields of the captains quarters..

Ha, okay, I can accept that fantasy as a little difficult to act out in actuality. ;)

To each their own, I suppose!

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #62 on: 12 Mar 2013, 23:02 »

I have ERPed in the past, but not in EVE, nor would I. In any circumstance in which Andreus is in a position to have sex, I just agree on it with whoever the other half (or in one case, two thirds ;)) of the hook-up and then "cut to black."

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #63 on: 14 Mar 2013, 13:51 »

Someone, that was into lots of ERP, wasn't happy that I said they weren't going to be allowed into one of the channels that I created for my corp.

They made not one, but two, alts, to try and infiltrate, by applying to my corporation.

I had to tell the CEO of their main's corp, to get it to stop.
\o/

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #64 on: 14 Mar 2013, 14:02 »

Someone, that was into lots of ERP, wasn't happy that I said they weren't going to be allowed into one of the channels that I created for my corp.

They made not one, but two, alts, to try and infiltrate, by applying to my corporation.

I had to tell the CEO of their main's corp, to get it to stop.

How is this relevant to the topic at hand?

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #65 on: 14 Mar 2013, 14:13 »

An example of how it can be used to the detriment of other people's enjoyment.
\o/

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #66 on: 14 Mar 2013, 14:25 »

An example of how it can be used to the detriment of other people's enjoyment.

Because alt accounts never otherwise apply to corporations in an effort to get in with malicious intent? ERP is not the cause of that. OOC issues are.

I don't see why it matters that somebody who ERPs wanted to get into your corp for whatever reason. I think you're also grasping at strings. Unless you know for a fact (not a hunch) that they wanted into your corp because of ERP, instead of, say... to awox your ships or steal your stuff or ruin your standings... your point is not relevant. You're trying to draw a connection between angry alts and ERP as an example of why it's "bad".

Please stop.
« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2013, 14:28 by Katrina Oniseki »

Uraniae

• Wetgraver
« Reply #67 on: 15 Mar 2013, 20:05 »

Also, erotic does not necessarily = explicit or vulgar.

Not empty quoting.

Seems my feelings on this matter are better expressed by a few others already but I'll add my two ISK anyway.  I don't see anything inherently wrong with erotic roleplay, even when it is explicit or vulgar, as long as it is kept private between the parties involved and assuming those parties involved wanted to engage in it.  Relationships romantic, intimate, or sexual are all valid avenues for character development.  Like any specific aspect, trait, quirk, or activity it's probably best to not let it be the sole focus of a character.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #68 on: 16 Mar 2013, 04:16 »

You're trying to draw a connection between angry alts and ERP as an example of why it's "bad".

No. I'm explaining why I have no interest in it.
\o/

Logan Fyreite

• Egger
    • Eve Opportunist
« Reply #69 on: 18 Mar 2013, 12:18 »

I'm sad that I didn't get to chime into this conversation sooner.

I have ERP'd and will again, but only under the guidelines of making sense for my character. However I find a lot of character development in the act of "doing it."

I can think of endless examples where the act of having 'sex'  :oops: is as important as the interaction leading up to it.

I think this way because there are levels of power established in the act of doing it that aren't easily replicated in other ways. I'll leave everyone's undoubtedly dirty imaginations figure out the rest of that dynamic.

Even if you don't ERP out the scene, as discussion still needs to happen about the dynamics of that sex. Intimacies need to be shared between characters so to speak.

When Logan was with Usagi (another male driven, female character) we never ERPed but we still had conversations about the sex, like what was going on behind those closed doors. Not in a totally erotica way, but things like; who's dominant, what's going on behind the curtain, what kind of bedroom relationship is there?

I actually find it really frustrating when people give fairly poor answers (despite being great RPers otherwise) about the sexual side of their being.

For instance, some powerful figures in history preferred to be submissive, or their power led them to do strange and or wonderful things in the bedroom. Fascinating stuff that for me is only truly accessible via ERP.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #70 on: 18 Mar 2013, 13:35 »

Poor answer as "extremely scarse and not detailed", or poor answer as "not very believable" ?

Logan Fyreite

• Egger
    • Eve Opportunist
« Reply #71 on: 18 Mar 2013, 13:52 »

Poor answer as "extremely scarse and not detailed", or poor answer as "not very believable" ?
:lol:

Oh the ways I can respond to this....

Poor answers as in both I suppose.

Not very believable as in let's just say over-enhanced... but that's not really what we are talking about here. So this is more an irritating trope that most men fall into.

Extremely scarse - as in the idea that either "it's been a long time," or  "I dunno what I like what do you like? thats exactly what I like!." I don't mind people not having been in the situation not having the information immediately on hand to use. But come on, even the most awkward virgins can figure out some stuff. Even socially awkward penguins.

Mostly I think I mean people who do the not knowing what they like and then being like "oh you like that? yeah that's what I like too" for all values of "that"

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #72 on: 20 Mar 2013, 14:47 »

Just don't forget, that expressing sexuality is not acceptable in majority of New Eden societies. It might work for Gallentes or Guristas, but in the Empire you will be called heathens or even executed (maybe? can any of faithful Amarr RP-ers comment this?). Even in same society but different layers acceptance of sexual expression can be quite different. I roleplayed once how Caldari attacked another Caldari for sexual content, and it was a fun thing to do.

And answering to Logan Fyreite, a character raised in strict society might simple "doesn't know" how to react to intimate questions, can lock, give poor answers, or even cuss at you, because a character may consider it inappropriate, or simply lacking experience or education in this area.

Besides, simple lack of sexual relaxation can help to build a character to make him/her more evil and irritating. And even change him/her after sexual experience to become more soft and kind.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #73 on: 20 Mar 2013, 14:54 »

Just don't forget, that expressing sexuality is not acceptable in majority of New Eden societies. It might work for Gallentes or Guristas, but in the Empire you will be called heathens or even executed (maybe? can any of faithful Amarr RP-ers comment this?).

Neither, but it will be a huge faux pas that will severely damage your reputation. If it's very overt it'd probably lead to arrest and punishment but I doubt execution.

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #74 on: 20 Mar 2013, 15:01 »

Just don't forget, that expressing sexuality is not acceptable in majority of New Eden societies. It might work for Gallentes or Guristas, but in the Empire you will be called heathens or even executed (maybe? can any of faithful Amarr RP-ers comment this?).

Yeah, and you're burned alive in the Fed. if you don't give at least one blowjob in public a day and flayed alive by your gurista buddies if you haven't injected some heroin by at least lunch!  :psyccp:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11