Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Quafe is so popular it once prevented a war? Read more in the Chron

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: RP desk at themittani.com  (Read 6582 times)

Alizabeth

• Egger
RP desk at themittani.com
« on: 26 Jan 2013, 18:13 »

So, once the HBC/CFC crisis was resolved, dearest Mittens (who loves me along with Rydis :P) finally got around to hiring me for themittani.com.  As far as I know, I am the only RPer on staff there.  So, when I'm not writing blindingly insightful analysis of null sec events, I'll be padding my wallet rounding out my writing with RP articles.  So, if you would like to see something covered, just use this thread and your Goonswarm propagandist trustworthy gumshoe reporter will look into it. 

(That was funny, see?  Laugh)

FAQ: 
Q: But, Aliza the RP community hates you!  How can you be expected to write about RP?  A: It doesn't matter.  My reporting will be as unbiased as I can make it.  My end goal is to improve the RP community and get it more exposure in Eve.  The writing and editorial staff believes strongly in our site and wants it to do well.   None of us are going to turn into EN24.

Q: Isn't themittani.com just Goon propaganda?  A:  No!  We have staff from all over Eve.  Again, we want our site to become successful and propaganda doesn't help that

Q: I'm doing this thing.  Will you cover it?  A: I can try, but RP feature articles can take a long time to get published.  Like all news sites we have to respond to the news of the day and if the Drone Coalition invades the N3 people, then that's going to be on the front page for a while.  Odds are that stuff with official CCP involvement will get more immediate and prominent coverage.  This doesn't mean that I won't try my best!

Alizabeth, staff writer, themittani.com

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
Re: RP desk at themittani.com
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jan 2013, 18:36 »

So, once the HBC/CFC crisis was resolved

I miss when Null Sec Alliances had balls  :cry: :cry:

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jan 2013, 18:47 »

So, once the HBC/CFC crisis was resolved

I miss when Null Sec Alliances had balls  :cry: :cry:

I miss when Alliances was indeed alliances and worked on their own, ala ASCN, BoB, RED, POS, etc.

On topic: Isis, I don't think there is a reason to claim the whole RP community hates you. Might some individuals that dislike you/Goons/both but it's far from everyone.

With that, good luck with this.

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jan 2013, 22:34 »

Not to hijack the thread, but coalitions are simply the next step in the evolution of player relationships.  For awhile, remember it was all about individual corps, with examples like Reikoku and Jericho Fraction, and then alliances became possible and dominated the landscape.  I just wish CCP would formalize coalitions, primarily by giving us the ability to make binding treaties in-game.

As far as RP coverage?  Could help encourage some fresh blood, or it could dissuade events if and when droves of people show up for lulz.  The whole "I cast magic missle" crowd.  Still, call me cautiously optimistic.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 26 Jan 2013, 22:39 »

Not to hijack the thread, but coalitions are simply the next step in the evolution of player relationships.  For awhile, remember it was all about individual corps, with examples like Reikoku and Jericho Fraction, and then alliances became possible and dominated the landscape.  I just wish CCP would formalize coalitions, primarily by giving us the ability to make binding treaties in-game.
The question becomes how is it bound, short of If you betray me I will grind you into dust.

As far as RP coverage?  Could help encourage some fresh blood, or it could dissuade events if and when droves of people show up for lulz.  The whole "I cast magic missle" crowd.  Still, call me cautiously optimistic.

I think any RP coverage may be "delayed" until after the story arc completes/wraps up or is a discussion about how a story arc was executed and how the forum warrioring connected with "stuff in space."

Lyn Farel

« Reply #5 on: 27 Jan 2013, 04:33 »

And coalitions of coalitions ? Coalitions within coalitions within coalitions...  :P

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #6 on: 27 Jan 2013, 05:08 »

:wut:

We will see how this develops  :roll:

Alizabeth

• Egger
« Reply #7 on: 27 Jan 2013, 07:27 »

On topic: Isis, I don't think there is a reason to claim the whole RP community hates you. Might some individuals that dislike you/Goons/both but it's far from everyone.

With that, good luck with this.

Everything I write is a little tongue in cheek. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6OYGEoWKYk 

This describes me when I am not an internet spaceship sociopath.  I mean, hell, I joked with the doctor when I thought I was on my death bed.  (Not that he found it funny mind you.)

Matoko

• Wetgraver
« Reply #8 on: 27 Jan 2013, 11:13 »

And coalitions of coalitions ? Coalitions within coalitions within coalitions...  :P

It's called "Pre-WWI Europe". And man, wouldn't that be a sight to see if someone kicked the whole system over...

*Edit: For some reason, my cursor was not where I thought it was...
« Last Edit: 27 Jan 2013, 15:26 by Matoko »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #9 on: 27 Jan 2013, 15:14 »

I am not sure to understand what you mean ?

Alizabeth

• Egger
« Reply #10 on: 27 Jan 2013, 16:45 »

http://themittani.com/news/asakai-aftermath-all-over-cobalt-moon

Holy crap.  Long fight spent by a longer time interview and writing.  For the RPers out there, the death toll for crewmen was around a million. 

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #11 on: 27 Jan 2013, 19:24 »

Some RPers don't care about the casualties. Personally I find it much more fun to see friends on titan killmails. Props to my HBC friends and CFC people for making goodfights happen.

On topic: congrats on your new spacejob.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #12 on: 27 Jan 2013, 22:56 »

I'd like to add a calraification it wasn't a DnD hics that did the initial tackle. It was a single URIEL heavey interdictor. Namely, me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTQHv0FrgrE

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #13 on: 28 Jan 2013, 01:17 »

Nice article, Aliza :)
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Alizabeth

• Egger
« Reply #14 on: 28 Jan 2013, 02:20 »

I'd like to add a calraification it wasn't a DnD hics that did the initial tackle. It was a single URIEL heavey interdictor. Namely, me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTQHv0FrgrE

I did hear your named being called out quite a bit on mumble.  If my deadline hadn't had been so tight, I would have loved to take the time to talk to everyone that I knew was there.  Sadly, there is never enough time.

Nice article, Aliza :)

Thanks!  When they were asking in jabber, I snatched this up so fast.  I knew it would be challenging and grueling.  But once it got published, I knew it was worth not sleeping that night.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4