Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Intaki Liberation Front's "rampant griffin" corp logo was adopted after the pro-Federation corp The Durandal Organization created a logo using motifs similar to the ILF's original logo?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: RP desk at themittani.com  (Read 6589 times)

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
Re: RP desk at themittani.com
« Reply #15 on: 28 Jan 2013, 05:24 »

Amazing - and it sounds like more lives and material were expended in that one unplanned brawl than in a year's worth of Faction War.

Giants in the playground...

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #16 on: 28 Jan 2013, 07:42 »

I did like the article as a whole tho. Credit where it's due :)

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory
« Reply #17 on: 29 Jan 2013, 16:39 »

Not to hijack the thread, but coalitions are simply the next step in the evolution of player relationships.  For awhile, remember it was all about individual corps, with examples like Reikoku and Jericho Fraction, and then alliances became possible and dominated the landscape.  I just wish CCP would formalize coalitions, primarily by giving us the ability to make binding treaties in-game.

And coalitions of coalitions ? Coalitions within coalitions within coalitions...  :P

Hey, nothing wrong with that.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #18 on: 29 Jan 2013, 17:19 »

Bitches need to die. An epic Cluster War every few years should be the natural cycle.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #19 on: 30 Jan 2013, 08:36 »

Bitches need to die. An epic Cluster War every few years should be the natural cycle.

Nope. The tech must flow. Mittens doesn't want to have to get a real job.

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #20 on: 30 Jan 2013, 12:18 »

Nope. The tech must flow. Mittens doesn't want to have to get a real job.

:lol:

Alizabeth

• Egger
« Reply #21 on: 30 Jan 2013, 16:23 »

Mittani dines on babies, the blood of virgins and Tech.  Mmmmmmm, tech.

Also http://themittani.com/features/adding-flavor-sandbox-eve-rp is up. 
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2013, 17:11 by Isis »

Alizabeth

• Egger
« Reply #22 on: 31 Jan 2013, 02:56 »

http://themittani.com/features/asakai-post-mortem-interview-ccp-veritas\

Unlike the other Eve news site, we get CCP interviews.  That's some god damn journalism right there.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #23 on: 31 Jan 2013, 02:58 »

http://themittani.com/features/asakai-post-mortem-interview-ccp-veritas\

Unlike the other Eve news site, we get CCP interviews.  That's some god damn journalism right there.

Yeah, because you don't publish internal documents in an attempt to make CCP look bad.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Alizabeth

• Egger
« Reply #24 on: 31 Jan 2013, 03:41 »

This actually came up in discussion among the writers.  We, themittani.com staff, like Eve.  We like CCP, as well.  If there's an issue that comes up that CCP needs a gentle correction on, we'll publish it.  But we're not going to be adversarial with CCP; we're not going to go out of our way to antagonize them just for some point about how independent we are.  That way lies madness.

Side note: http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=74227  Why yes, that is CCP Manifest linking my article.

Alizabeth

• Egger
« Reply #25 on: 01 Feb 2013, 04:10 »

Kalaratiri −
Incident in question aside, you're not exactly what I expect the RP community would pick as its representative/public face/etc though Aliza. In fact, I'd be impressed if you managed to write "Barging into a roleplay channel claiming to be the best pilot or most powerful man in the cluster will begin a roleplaying career poorly" without breaking into a nervous tick. It seems more likely that you're writing here because of your corporation and 'relationship' with Mittens than anything else.

/BitterBitter

From the RP article. 
I just want to clear up something.  I don't claim to represent the community.  I don't think that any one person, no matter how long they've been RPing could claim to represent the community.  My goal is to write good articles about things in Eve, not to play propagandist for the RP community.  I get paid, quite well, to write for TheMittani.com and to be quite frank, squandering both that ISK and the opportunity for cool things like CCP interviews and hell, interviewing Elise was awesome too, is not worth it just to write a few hit pieces (that wouldn't get published anyways.)
If someone wants to write an article "on behalf of the RP community" (no doubt explaining what an asshole that Aliza is) they are more than welcome to use the feature for that on the site.  If someone wants to write for the site, use the feature, get in touch with an editor. 
As I am the only one on staff that RPs, I'm going to be writing more.  Some articles I can write myself, using my experiences and knowledge.  Most I will probably reach out to someone in the community for an interview or something.  If I reach out to someone, it's going to be an honest piece. (Remember that scene in Firefly where Simon Tam tells Jayne that as long as he's on the table, he's safe?  Same deal.  If I approach you in my capacity as a TheMittani.com writer, it's serious space news stuff.)

Lastly, Aliza is not godmoding sleeping with Mittens. ;)

Aelisha Montenagre

« Reply #26 on: 01 Feb 2013, 05:11 »

The article is a decent overview of rp as seen from the earliest stages through to the gritty, factional, snippy environment we know and love in 'maturity' (just before bittervet death).  The identify of the author is irrelevant in good material, and tbh I prefer to stay relatively out of the loop with regards to the irl overlap implied in a lot of the comments. 

I think that this is currently a good thing for us, as it is exposure at the very least, and those of us who want to put our words out there have a potential avenue to discuss the requirements of doing so.  So long as we all remain aware that all media outlets are fickle beasts that feed on drama, we can start to widen the base of publication that I feel we need to do; as CCP wholly neglects 'new player interaction' with regards to RP - Live Events are steeped in enough lore to make them somewhat mystical to newer roleplayers. 

As for the e-rp accusations/claims/whatever, as I personally don't really find appeal or engage in romantic or erotic roleplay I leave you with this image of what the section of my brain reading the back and forth on that content (including twitter) now resembles: 

EDIT - rejigged some sentences for clarity - lazy poster was initially lazy.  Unlazification has been done to it.
« Last Edit: 01 Feb 2013, 07:28 by Aelisha Montenagre »

Alizabeth

• Egger
« Reply #27 on: 06 Feb 2013, 14:23 »

Wow, the last time I saw something this cleared out I was at . . . naw, not going there today. 
New article up on the N3.  (Hamish!)
I remember once being in empire and reading about things like the fall of the old NC and wishing I was there.  If you're in a similar spot, I encourage you to join a null alliance.  There a quite a number of them, there is one that fits your play style.

Alizabeth

• Egger
« Reply #28 on: 13 Feb 2013, 02:56 »

New article up on the Caldari Civil War (that I devoutly hope turns all sorts of bloody).  Hopefully the live events team keeps up with their events, cause, I need to pad my wallet more!

Alizabeth

• Egger
« Reply #29 on: 25 Feb 2013, 13:08 »

Svetlana Scarlet's joined our staff and is busy making :words:  Oddly enough, we're both working on articles about live events. They should hit back to back sometime this week.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4