Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Silphy enDiabel of the Syndicate used to be one of the Sisters of EVE? For more, read here.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: RP desk at themittani.com  (Read 6588 times)

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
Re: RP desk at themittani.com
« Reply #30 on: 25 Feb 2013, 16:17 »

Svet just likes a good excuse to write ;)

I may need to write up an article in response to Mynnna's null-sec industry stuff given some real free time in the near future.  I think a lot more of it has to do with player behavior vs mechanical limitations, especially as things have changed over time.

What is sites's policy on the inclusion of graphs and such?

Alizabeth

• Egger
« Reply #31 on: 25 Feb 2013, 16:22 »

If graphics are needed to explain a point, then feel free.  Feature articles are usually 800-1500 words.  I don't know the policy on submissions, but make sure that it's distinct enough to where they feel it warrants a separate article, not just a response in the comments section, if that makes sense?

(I suspect this post will be moderated for 'urdoingitwrongness' here in about, oh, 20 minutes :P )

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #32 on: 25 Feb 2013, 17:19 »

Svet just likes a good excuse to write ;)

I may need to write up an article in response to Mynnna's null-sec industry stuff given some real free time in the near future.  I think a lot more of it has to do with player behavior vs mechanical limitations, especially as things have changed over time.

What is sites's policy on the inclusion of graphs and such?

Just so you know, I think there is definitely a reluctance to post one-off pieces from random folks; less because your content won't be valued and more because they don't want to become a venue for everyone and their mothers' blog posts. At least, that was my feeling when I initially submitted the descriptive sovereignty article as a one-off (and then got convinced to join the staff instead). Something to keep in mind. :)

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #33 on: 25 Feb 2013, 20:01 »

If graphics are needed to explain a point, then feel free.  Feature articles are usually 800-1500 words.  I don't know the policy on submissions, but make sure that it's distinct enough to where they feel it warrants a separate article, not just a response in the comments section, if that makes sense?

(I suspect this post will be moderated for 'urdoingitwrongness' here in about, oh, 20 minutes :P )

I would frankly be frustrated that in providing info on how themittani.com operates someone would ask for the post to be taken down.   :s

Comments are alright, but can leave much to be desired for complicated discussion and presentation of alternative viewpoints.  This is however a general problem and not isolated to themittani.com

Just so you know, I think there is definitely a reluctance to post one-off pieces from random folks; less because your content won't be valued and more because they don't want to become a venue for everyone and their mothers' blog posts. At least, that was my feeling when I initially submitted the descriptive sovereignty article as a one-off (and then got convinced to join the staff instead). Something to keep in mind. :)

Good to know.  I am busy enough for RL that getting in the game time I want can be a challenge, so writing articles is probably something I will just have to skip on.

Alizabeth

• Egger
« Reply #34 on: 27 Feb 2013, 06:17 »

If you have a good article, go ahead and write it up and submit it.  If you wish, write it in googledocs and I can take a look at it before you send it in for consideration.  If they decide not to publish it, then just post it here in a gameplay forum or whatnot. 
My experience was not the same as Svet's, so I can't speak about that.  I do know, though, that quality writing does get looked at.

Alizabeth

• Egger
« Reply #35 on: 28 Feb 2013, 11:11 »

http://themittani.com/features/live-events-historical-missteps

Part one of two articles examining live events.  Svetlana has part two.

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #36 on: 04 Mar 2013, 14:18 »

For those of you who have been waiting with bated breath and who haven't already seen me spamming about this on one social media network or another, my article on Live Events is now up.

http://themittani.com/features/live-events-towards-better-live-events

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #37 on: 04 Mar 2013, 14:22 »

I really liked this one. Nicely written.

(Although, I'm not quite used to TMC having pages o.o At first I looked at the article and went "This is a bit short..."  :D )

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #38 on: 04 Mar 2013, 14:23 »

I really liked this one. Nicely written.

(Although, I'm not quite used to TMC having pages o.o At first I looked at the article and went "This is a bit short..."  :D )

It caught me by surprise too, that was something added in editing. It was a little dense though, so it may have been for the best. :)

Publius Valerius

« Reply #39 on: 04 Mar 2013, 17:50 »

http://themittani.com/features/crash-course-international-relations

I found this article quiet interesting, even if it cuts to short and uses categories/classification which I wouldnt use (or arent in use mostly). It overall gives a nice "tip in".

Davlos

• Egger
  • Purveyor of Horrible Images
« Reply #40 on: 07 Mar 2013, 01:10 »

Good article; terrible platform.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #41 on: 07 Mar 2013, 19:47 »

The articles I've been seeing over there are quite nice, you both have my congrats on good content (though I imagine the target audience would find them a mild curiosity at best, but hey).

I am wondering if the material Ava and I did will ever see publication.  ;)

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Alizabeth

• Egger
« Reply #42 on: 08 Mar 2013, 22:03 »

The articles I've been seeing over there are quite nice, you both have my congrats on good content (though I imagine the target audience would find them a mild curiosity at best, but hey).

I am wondering if the material Ava and I did will ever see publication.  ;)

Yes.  It will.  Eventually.  I promise. 

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #43 on: 10 Mar 2013, 00:46 »

We are dipping our toes cautiously into Space News, because everyone on staff loves spaceships and we've somehow found ourselves in NASA press conferences. If you're a Real Space News guru and have a SpaceX shirt and can tell me about the design evolution of the Falcon project without needing to consult wikipedia, we might have a weekly Space News Roundup column for you.

:eek:

I suppose I could write up a bit on what a hoverslam is.

And yes, I am a Space (News) guru, have a SpaceX shirt (no you can't have it), and have resisted temptation to edit the wikipedia entry.

But when will I sleep?

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #44 on: 26 Mar 2013, 09:34 »

I've written a post-mortem of the Caldari Prime event, which may or may not be interesting to people here (it doesn't discuss much in the way of the actual storyline).

http://themittani.com/features/battle-caldari-prime-post-mortem
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4