Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Emperor Heideran VII died on 17.09YC105  of Turit Disease just two weeks after the publication of his opus 'Pax Amarria'.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: :Random witty quote about insanity:  (Read 6850 times)

Davlos

• Egger
  • Purveyor of Horrible Images
Re: :Random witty quote about insanity:
« Reply #60 on: 23 Jan 2013, 15:58 »

:cripes:  I thought for a moment I had accidentally logged into 4chan.  Seriously, a silly meme picture is worth negative one hundred words.

I have to ask if you are self-aware, or if you need to undergo the Turing Test. Nobody is already taking you seriously by this point, and personally, I don't even recognize you as part of the RP community.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #61 on: 23 Jan 2013, 16:16 »

:cripes:  I thought for a moment I had accidentally logged into 4chan.  Seriously, a silly meme picture is worth negative one hundred words.

Says the goon.

*IMAGE*

Oooh, burn.

I'm honestly rather surprised the tread has not been locked a long time ago, actually. Either no-one has noticed this (a great feat, I'd say) or it has not yet devolved to be so bad it needs handling.

no one wants it locked, so it hasn't been reported. The first couple pages were actual discussion before it got interesting.

Matoko

• Wetgraver
« Reply #62 on: 23 Jan 2013, 17:13 »

Just throwing my two deci-ISK in here before things go completely off the rails...

A lot of backlash from the community as a whole has more or less been addressed at this point. But something did occur to me while reading.

You say you want CONCORD to negotiate the terms, and even admit that as stated they're pretty silly. But just from an in-universe point of view, I don't really see a reason for them to do much of that. Take 'Burn Jita' for example. Imagine for a moment that CONCORD isn't an NPC entity, but rather an organization like the Swarm. Every one of those police cruisers or battleships is another person, and the whole organization is based on the idea of keeping the peace and maintaining security status. And then out comes the Swarm to hit everything in targeting distance with a big stick, in blatant disregard for CONCORD authority and rules. And now, said Goons throw down a proposal to tackle this great enemy, but only if they get a huge list of completely unreasonable demands, and they're saying they'll do it by turning an entire region into a wasteland, keeping in mind that it's not even a guarantee that such a plan would actually solve the problem.

Ultimately, if CONCORD says anything other than an officially worded "Fuck off", I will be surprised.

Alizabeth

• Egger
« Reply #63 on: 23 Jan 2013, 17:44 »

I have to ask if you are self-aware, or if you need to undergo the Turing Test. Nobody is already taking you seriously by this point, and personally, I don't even recognize you as part of the RP community.

[in her best Keith Olberman voice]:
With all due respect, sir, you should check your hatred at the door.  In this forum, we should at least strive for a modicum of civility, sir.  We're all posting here and having fun, but you, sir, seem to be taking everything to heart.  I would suggest that you take a stiff drink, sir, and calm down.  Really, there is nothing to get upset over here, sir; just take a deep breath. 

As to the rest, ICly, Aliza has the Goonswarm sense of A; superiority, B: contempt for the rest of the cluster.  She doesn't just think she's better than the rest, she knows it.  And she holds pretty much everyone that's not blue in abject contempt.  Again, this is all ICly.  OOCly I would happily share a drink with any of you.  (Certain terms and conditions apply.  Applies to well qualified players only.  Anyone sharing a drink must refer to me as, "oh great Goon" and speak only of and about themselves in the third person.  Players must not wear purple while sharing a drink.  Players must pay for my drink.  In addition, players must order an appetizer.  Players may not speak ill of the Mittani in the course of sharing a drink.  Players must get an SA account and post what an amazing time they had after drinks are shared.  Lastly, players agree to join CONDI, after a simple background check a security deposit of no less than 500m should be placed in the Amok. corp wallet.  Assets should be transferred to my neutral hauling alt in Jita.  Finally, players must dye their hair blonde before meeting for drinks.)

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #64 on: 23 Jan 2013, 17:56 »

And I assume at this point you actually think your pretty funny.

Alternatively you just keep being condescending and arrogant like a good little goon.

WTB: Meme pictures of appropriate nature when dealing with goon-like behavior.

@ Tread: It may have been an entertaining read, but I at least feel like some of these posts and the tune of the whole tread somehow feel very un-Backstagey, as such I've been repeatedly assuming the tread would be locked the very next time I come by. I keep being surprised, strangely.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #65 on: 23 Jan 2013, 18:18 »

As to the rest, ICly, Aliza has the Goonswarm sense of A; superiority, B: contempt for the rest of the cluster.  She doesn't just think she's better than the rest, she knows it.  And she holds pretty much everyone that's not blue in abject contempt.  Again, this is all ICly.

Since when are Goons arrogant shitheads IC? Last I checked Goonswarm is built on the principle that they are all terrible individually but successful in numbers. Maybe that's the OOC stance, I haven't seen much distinction. The handful of them that actually have meaningful characters IC haven't seemed to fit your description.

Either way, the arrogance seems much more intrinsic to your character, less so to Goonswarm. Trying to play it off as 'just being a goon' is a bit absurd, given how little time she's been there, unless getting screwed by mittens pumped up her/your ego that fast.
« Last Edit: 23 Jan 2013, 18:32 by Victoria Stecker »

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #66 on: 23 Jan 2013, 18:38 »

I'm honestly rather surprised the tread has not been locked a long time ago, actually. Either no-one has noticed this (a great feat, I'd say) or it has not yet devolved to be so bad it needs handling.
@ Tread: It may have been an entertaining read, but I at least feel like some of these posts and the tune of the whole tread somehow feel very un-Backstagey, as such I've been repeatedly assuming the tread would be locked the very next time I come by. I keep being surprised, strangely.

Hi. I'm on vacation in Yellowstone this week, and am at my computer maybe 2 hours out of the entire day (literally, 15 minutes after breakfast before going out and getting on the snowmobiles, and an hour and a half before/after dinner or before bed). I was hoping not to have to step in and deal with this kind of utter bullshit while I was out, but I guess I forgot that Silver has a job and tends not to get opportunities to check the forum during the day.

The thread would've been locked ages ago otherwise, and as it stands I'm going to be strongly suggesting that a number of people who contributed to the problem instead of reporting posts/the thread and not posting be given formal warnings and/or short-term bans in the cases of people who have already had their warnings for this crap.

Pretty much everyone who's posted in this thread should know better.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]