Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the higher levels of space stations are restricted to the elite, with capsuleers occupying the very top decks? (The Burning life p. 73)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: :Random witty quote about insanity:  (Read 6847 times)

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
Re: :Random witty quote about insanity:
« Reply #30 on: 22 Jan 2013, 19:13 »

Goonswarm is full of players that pay the same :15 bux: a month to play the same game everyone else does.  We deserve the same opportunity afforded to other players.  I hope the GSF CSM delegate makes that point at the next CSM summit.

Goonswarm pay the same 15 dollars as everyone else. They deserve to get the same game as everyone else.

They do get the same game as everyone else - EVE Online - and like everyone else, the goons will have to deal with EVE in their own way.

Asking CCP, or the RP'ers, or anyone, to get the same as everyone else, is not what you are doing. You are asking CCP, the RP'ers, and everyone, to get preferential treatment and handouts. Trolling or not, serious or not, this will never happen as blatantly as you have requested. You will have to go make it for yourself, just like everyone else. You want RP? That's fine. No-one denies it to you. We all enjoy it, usually. But if you make an absurd post/request OOC, prepare for OOC flak. If you do so IC, prepare for IC flak. RP is not without consequences and you are experiencing the result of your actions now.

If the GSF CSM delegate starts begging CCP for what is effectively favors to them and get it, CCP has killed their own game. That won't happen, because CCP is not stupid enough to let it happen.

At least that's what I chose to believe, I'm still waiting to wake up one day and find that I was very, very wrong. That day I will likely quit.

Best of luck with life; I really hope you get things sorted out.

As far as internet spaceships go, I'm not going to have anything to do with any of this in the future. You all have fun.

I second this notion.

And third'ed. I should likely not be responding even now but... ::urge to respond:: is sometimes to strong.

Good night, and take care. o7

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #31 on: 22 Jan 2013, 20:26 »

My point was that CCP is walking a fine line with the live events team.

CCP walks a fine line with any mechanics decision they make, be it RP or not. A lot of players apparently left a while back when the monocle and other "to pay" items were introduced (I don't know the details, I had left before), so it's clear that every decision has consequences, even for them.   

Goonswarm is full of players that pay the same :15 bux: a month to play the same game everyone else does.  We deserve the same opportunity afforded to other players.

I agree. You can check IGS and notice some threads have a dev actor posting, some don't. Do all threads deserve a post? Well, if all get treated equally in absolut terms, then yes, and it's going to be madness. Some things don't deserve reply, if I post "Amarr has conquered the universe, all bow to the Empress", there's not going to be a CCP reply to it, and probably a lot of (deserved) trolling. You didn't go that far, but you did walk that same path.

No one looked at the proposal and said: I agree with you Kuvakei is bad and we should definitely drag his corpse through the streets.  CONCORD's not going to agree to all of the terms, but here's another course of action we could take: whatever the character came up with.

Maybe no one actually agrees. Sepherim ICly doesn't consider the Nation as dangerous as the Minmatarr or the Blood Raiders, for example. And certainly doesn't believe any 0.0 alliance should get anything out of CONCORD as they're little more than glorified pirates (exception for CVA, which is Reclaiming in God's name). Maybe others have other reasons not to want this proposal to go forward. Why should anyone agree that CONCORD give you lots of nice toys and a plot so you can become cooler, richer, etc? And, as I say, all this ICly.

Hell if someone from the live events had posted, "we're not ready for a full invasion of Stain yet, but in this system here there's a structure (or whatever) that if you can hold off Nation ships, we'll insert a ground team to raid the computers and get more intel."  That would have been amazing.  When I was sixteen, I asked my parents for a car.  I pointed out that I had never been arrested, never come home drunk and didn't skip school.  I didn't get the car, and I knew I would not, but we worked out something else that I wanted and was more in line with reality. That's what I expected.  Someone to come back and say: no on your proposal, but here's something we can do.

Why should they? When you say "hey, I want the moon" probably people are going to say "fuck off". If you say "I want something a bit over what is reasonable" maybe people are going to offer "something reasonable". Your original proposal was asking for the moon. To start with, you asked for a whole game mechanic to be created for you (the possibility to destroy planets), lots of in-game exclusive benefits (including an item to be able to fool a stablished game mechanic as is cloaking), etc. This was not near reasonable at all, the only point to negotiate would have been, "no to everything, let's start from scratch with what can be done". And the silence you got from CCP goes in that direction.

To negotiate you have to offer something the other party is interested in, and a reasonable price for it. You did not offer the first (I don't think CCP is interested in killing the Sanshas) nor the second, so you got no negotiation at all. I find nothing surprising in it.

Alizabeth

• Egger
« Reply #32 on: 22 Jan 2013, 22:07 »

Why should they? When you say "hey, I want the moon" probably people are going to say "fuck off". If you say "I want something a bit over what is reasonable" maybe people are going to offer "something reasonable". Your original proposal was asking for the moon. To start with, you asked for a whole game mechanic to be created for you (the possibility to destroy planets), lots of in-game exclusive benefits (including an item to be able to fool a established game mechanic as is cloaking), etc. This was not near reasonable at all, the only point to negotiate would have been, "no to everything, let's start from scratch with what can be done". And the silence you got from CCP goes in that direction.

To negotiate you have to offer something the other party is interested in, and a reasonable price for it. You did not offer the first (I don't think CCP is interested in killing the Sanshas) nor the second, so you got no negotiation at all. I find nothing surprising in it.
You're mixing IC and OOC here, hun.  CCP has no interest in killing Nation.  CONCORD does. 

Sepherim

• Omelette
« Reply #33 on: 22 Jan 2013, 22:20 »

You are right, I did mix both things.

Still, it's not in CONCORDs mission to destroy the Nation, CONCORD is a defensive organization, if no law is broken (understanding law as pewpew in space, mostly, as the Amatarr event just proved) they won't act.

Alizabeth

• Egger
« Reply #34 on: 22 Jan 2013, 22:28 »

You are right, I did mix both things.

Still, it's not in CONCORDs mission to destroy the Nation, CONCORD is a defensive organization, if no law is broken (understanding law as pewpew in space, mostly, as the Amatarr event just proved) they won't act.

I would ask, why in that case do they pay out isk and lp for incursions in null sec space.  Specifically nullsec space owned by alliances.

Sepherim

• Omelette
« Reply #35 on: 22 Jan 2013, 22:43 »

I mean actively, they do many more things than prevent the law breaking in space (control communications, for example). But they still retain their ressources on the defensive.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #36 on: 22 Jan 2013, 23:03 »

Quote from: Alizabeth Vea
@Kala.  Icly, Aliza is the only one to have slept with Mittens.

Does Mittens know this?

Please tell me more about the Mittens/Vea slashfiction you've been writing in your head.  :allears:
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Alizabeth

• Egger
« Reply #37 on: 22 Jan 2013, 23:50 »

Does Mittens know this?

Please tell me more about the Mittens/Vea slashfiction you've been writing in your head.  :allears:

Yes.  He does. 

Davlos

• Egger
  • Purveyor of Horrible Images
« Reply #38 on: 23 Jan 2013, 01:07 »

Does Mittens know this?

Yes.  He does.

Desiderya

« Reply #39 on: 23 Jan 2013, 02:58 »

Forgive me my patronizing, but your posts raise so many red flags that I think continueing this discussion does more harm than good to yourself.
I suggest getting your life in balance again and I wish you good luck with it.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #40 on: 23 Jan 2013, 03:04 »

I read the first page of the thread when it was new, and it left me kind of conflicted whether I should reply or not. Considering the discussion in this page going already to erotic the Mittani fanfiction, I assume that the worst of RABBLERABBLERABBLE is already past.

So, we could divide the roleplaying in EVE to different levels. There's personal (or rather, character) level roleplaying. There's corporate roleplaying. Alliance roleplaying. In the case of Goonswarm, the question would be, how do powerblocks interacts with the NPC factions? In the CSM summit notes, Seleene mentioned that he wanted to take the Pure Blind station from Mordu's Legion Command, believing that the late MC (and now, Pandemic Legion) is a much more powerful entity than Mordu's. This might not be the exactly correct way, but they are powerful even if I believe that none does have the simple amount of raw resources even the pirate factions have, and are thus not anywhere near the big four.

Rather appropriately, I assume that one of the things discussed is rewards: the old arcs were at times seen as a way of distributing loot to your friends' player accounts. On the other hand, I seem to recall that ASCN once tried to work things out with the Angel Cartel, but when the rewards offered "were not good enough", they quit. The reward issue can be solved a few different ways. One thing is vanity rewards, items that aren't really that useful but have some kind of a rarity value (such as tournament medals). An alternative would be fame/infamy, a chance to enter the fiction.

To freely quote an answer given by Oveur to a Goon in an old fanfest, would the powerblocks be happy by being rewarded by a big dick? (The original question was about the "cost effectiveness" of titans. This question would be about the cost effectiveness of roleplaying arcs. Unlike titans, I find it unlikely that RP arcs could be mass produced to push them into a breaking point, since the limiting factor in roleplaying isn't ISK but time, and AFAIK you can't farm or scam more time for yourself.)

This matter is somewhat complicated, as CCP would probably be obliged to allow others to enter existing arcs. Therefore, there would not be a Goonswarm arc. There might be a Gurista/Angel arc with elements suitable for powerblocks. Assume Goons/CFC declare for Guristas. What if Black Legion / Venal residents declare for Guristas, too? And the NPC requests joint ops? Or Test/HBC/other frienemies declare for Serpentis (and thus, Angels) and you get to shoot a blue for the memory of Vile Rat?

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #41 on: 23 Jan 2013, 08:12 »

On a second thought

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #42 on: 23 Jan 2013, 10:10 »

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #43 on: 23 Jan 2013, 10:38 »

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #44 on: 23 Jan 2013, 10:50 »

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5