Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Fiery Kernite once led to an epic bar brawl in the Syndicate, leading it to be called "Rage Stone"?

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33

Author Topic: Character Portrait Rating  (Read 111865 times)

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
Re: Character Portrait Rating
« Reply #390 on: 13 Jan 2015, 14:46 »

I like the lighting in this one too: the eyes, the soft and hard (piercing!) shadows above her breasts, the left arm reflecting light from the side.
I also like the mixture of expressions on her face. Reminds me a bit of Aria's pre-incarna portrait. Nicely done.
-OOChé

Veiki

• Egger
« Reply #391 on: 31 Jan 2015, 19:50 »

After spending some time playing with the portraits of the Gesakaarin I think I've finally managed to make them in a way that reflects how I view them as characters in my head:

Hevaima: The quiet professional. Well-groomed, remarkably polite, and even when he takes off his suit there is just another suit underneath. He also has a goatee, so you know he's not evil.

Veikitamo: The cold killer. The sadist. A calm exterior borne of the willful restraint of her desire to stick a knife in another's liver or a violin E-string garotte around someone's throat.

Vairuken: Calm and laconic in nature. The type of man who remains reserved with his glass and bottle of whiskey in the corner wall of a bar happy with his own company.

Karaitamo: The joker. Mischevious and intelligent. Possessed of a dry wit born of a cynical amusement.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #392 on: 31 Jan 2015, 20:08 »

New one after coming back, updated. Eventually settled for long hair because it works best for portraits. Not totally happy with shadow artifacts but that's what you get often with that hairstyle.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #393 on: 31 Jan 2015, 22:20 »

Lyn still has the butan-nose, so 10/10 would pres again. :cube:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Velarra

• Wetgraver
  • Angel
    • DED Profile
« Reply #394 on: 01 Feb 2015, 10:49 »

Critically, it's a little soft due to gentle Gaussian application in order to counter Eve's jagged hair. Equally it's not strictly a portrait in the eve portrait-capture render sense.

Aelisha

• Egger
  • Maker of ISK, Supplier of SRPs
« Reply #395 on: 04 Feb 2015, 14:24 »

Aelisha Montenagre in her Providence meet and greet apparel. 

Mister Screwball

• Wetgraver
    • http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/7203/eatingevidencez.gif
« Reply #396 on: 04 Feb 2015, 16:34 »

Katmin in all her glory cause why not

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #397 on: 04 Feb 2015, 18:17 »

Veik: I like the mood in your portraits, though I feel Veik and Karaitamo are a bit too similar.
Lyn: Good portrait, the eyes are rather striking. :)
Velarra: I like the pose and expression there, though it looks like you had low resolution graphics set which reduces the quality of the picture.
Aelisha: I know you're trying the 'gold' look, but blonde really doesn't go with dark skin. :)
Jastrina: It's like Kat, but more soulless. The stronger eyeshadow really brings attention to the eyes.

And here's a slight update to Sami's. Vince helped me come up with a way to have a better stressed/addict look to Sami's appearance. Is hard with the options we have available in-game, but I think it comes across decently now. :)

I've also made a few other changes recently, including freckles 1 to give a less airbrushed appearance to her.

« Last Edit: 04 Feb 2015, 18:18 by Samira Kernher »

Jennifer Starfall

• Egger
« Reply #398 on: 05 Feb 2015, 13:32 »

I'd like to have more of a facial expression, but I suck at the facial manipulation UI. Suggestions are always welcome.

My alt, Sarangerel Mishi, on the other hand, I managed to evoke a bit more of a look with.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #399 on: 05 Feb 2015, 15:54 »

@Jennifer : the key is to break the symmetry. Slightly close an eye more than the other, move a bit more one side of the mouth, that kind of things. If you do it too visibly it will just change the expression altogether (which can also be good). If you do it with enough subtlety it will theorically not strike you at first, but that's what makes humans human, and not on the verge of uncanny. Don't hesitate to use the rotation tool for the head too, making it tilt more or less. I find that it often unblocks a suck up expression. 

Although I could try to give more advice if I know what pose/expression you are trying to achieve.

Lyn: Good portrait, the eyes are rather striking. :)

Same for Sami. Eyes between wet and dim, fits the addict. :)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #400 on: 25 Mar 2015, 21:47 »

Updated Naoko's portrait for the first time in however many years since Incursion and its Incarnatars hit Tranquility.

Old one for reference, is here.
« Last Edit: 25 Mar 2015, 23:09 by Morwen Lagann »
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #401 on: 25 Mar 2015, 22:56 »

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #402 on: 26 Mar 2015, 00:00 »

Poor Aria. Trying to not get sucked into the black abyss after being chucked out of it by someone already lost in its tide...

Nothing left but to show her New Eden and make sure she sinks back down into it!

Have you accepted Amarr as your one true savior?

Kybernetes

• Clonejack
« Reply #403 on: 26 Mar 2015, 04:34 »

After reappearing and ending up with the Sansha's Nation Outlaw doodads, I figured I'd change Kyber's portrait for the first time since Carbon. Not entirely happy with it, but how much of that is genuine fault and how much just neurosis I'm uncertain.

Charles Cambridge Schmidt

• Professional Sperg
  • Wetgraver
  • Federalista
« Reply #404 on: 03 Apr 2015, 23:05 »

[spoiler]
After reappearing and ending up with the Sansha's Nation Outlaw doodads, I figured I'd change Kyber's portrait for the first time since Carbon. Not entirely happy with it, but how much of that is genuine fault and how much just neurosis I'm uncertain.

[/spoiler]

I like it. I feel like it could use some stronger shadows if it's so up front. Angular vectors really help create good looking lines for portraits, and if you angled his sharp face away (I usually pick down and to the side), then I feel like you could make it even better.

Also welcome.
Drones are pretty cool, I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33