Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the 25ers were a political activist organization that fought for repealing starship licensing fees, laying the foundations for the independent capsuleer community.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33

Author Topic: Character Portrait Rating  (Read 111422 times)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Character Portrait Rating
« on: 21 Sep 2012, 12:00 »

Heyas!

So, on the General Discussion on the eve forums, there's a thread there to discuss character portraits and rate the person above yours on a scale of 1/10

Well, we're cooler then that, so I thought it might be neat to have a bit more thorough of a character portrait analysis thread.

So look at the character portrait of the person above you, and state your likes, your dislikes, what you would change, and a final score out of 100.

Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Sid

• Clonejack
Re: Character Portrait Rating
« Reply #1 on: 21 Sep 2012, 12:57 »

0/10 would not pod.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

^
The best.

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #2 on: 21 Sep 2012, 17:01 »

5/10

At first sight, it brought to mind Dragon Age (?!). I think tribal patterns are pretty horribly 90s in the way they are presented in Eve, and well, you could lump the piercings in the same category. That sounds a bit harsh and is really criticism more intended at the aesthetic chosen by Eve-O designers than to the avatar-maker.

I like the fact that the character has an actual expression, though. Adds a nice bit of character, even though I'm not sure what he's conveying. Apprehension? Disdain? Hmm.

The mix of mohawk, piercings and tattoos are stylistically a little too much of a hodge-podge. They do convey a sense of rebellion, even if the dude himself doesn't really look all that bad-ass.

That's my impressions!

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
« Reply #3 on: 21 Sep 2012, 17:13 »

I don't know the character but since this is about the portrait:

I like it. The casual clothing, light make-up and glasses give her the look of a free-spirit with a slight edge to her. Perhaps she's fiercely independent but laid back. I give bonus points for her not being unrealistically endowed.

7/10
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #4 on: 21 Sep 2012, 17:20 »

I've always really liked Mal's character design. It just seems to convey a lot of character. It all comes together and just conveys so very much personality. He's like a State version of Malcolm Reynolds.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel the tattoo

If I was gonna change anything, I'd be to see how he looks smiling
95/100
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Gesakaarin

« Reply #5 on: 21 Sep 2012, 18:06 »

Here's Veikitamo, a typical Caldari corporate ice queen:

Nothing like a grey suit on grey background to express proper State portraiture.

Yes, she's staring off into the new destiny of the State or something.

Desiderya

« Reply #6 on: 21 Sep 2012, 18:11 »

It portrays strength of will and straightforwardness
Grey on grey sounds familiar.
Although these lips, they're not standard issue!

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Oh, and I also very much like Mal's portrait, especially considering that many male Civire look very alike, and Mal is able to break that mold.
« Last Edit: 24 Sep 2012, 01:05 by Desiderya »

Gesakaarin

« Reply #7 on: 21 Sep 2012, 19:39 »

Although these lips, they're not standard issue!

Veikitamo is a Deteis, a significant portion of her training and skillset is oral based.

Looking at Desiderya though, she does seem a bit iconoclastic, more willing to allow her individual tastes to show through. Also has a mischievous or sly/calculating air about her.

She very much has bedroom eyes too, must have been quite the hit at the Academy?

Desiderya

« Reply #8 on: 21 Sep 2012, 19:48 »

Veikitamo is a Deteis, a significant portion of her training and skillset is oral based.

Shame be he who thinks evil of it.

Looking at Desiderya though, she does seem a bit iconoclastic, more willing to allow her individual tastes to show through. Also has a mischievous or sly/calculating air about her.

She very much has bedroom eyes too, must have been quite the hit at the Academy?
The first thing was what I was aiming for.
About the second. No survivors or witnesses.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #9 on: 22 Sep 2012, 01:23 »

Very well, let us begin...

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Kybernetes Moros

« Reply #10 on: 22 Sep 2012, 02:39 »

Graelyn's has the expression and lightning down fine, in my view: it's a nice slight move away from the common "I AM AMARRIAN. QUAKE BEFORE MY DISAPPROVAL." without coming across as totally hippy. I do notice a weird feature of the Carbon creator in it, though; where the face is slightly pockmarked, etc, the forehead, area below the temples, and scalp lacks that. Weird.

It's okay. Vaun's is literally the best thing ever. Anyone who disagrees is racist to hammerhead sharks.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #11 on: 22 Sep 2012, 02:50 »

I do notice a weird feature of the Carbon creator in it, though; where the face is slightly pockmarked, etc, the forehead, area below the temples, and scalp lacks that. Weird.

Scalp Wax.

Also, I like Vaun. The lighting and hair colour create an odd effect with head shape, making it an interesting picture.
\o/

Gesakaarin

« Reply #12 on: 22 Sep 2012, 03:52 »

Graelyn: "I disapprove. Especially those Godless Heathens, Heretics and Infidels. My eyes are also lasers and will burn such scum to ash."

Vaun: "Yes, I'm as harmless and unassuming as I look. No, really, you can trust me. What's that I slipped in your drink you say? Come now, I would never do something so sly and underhanded..."

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #13 on: 22 Sep 2012, 09:16 »

I don't know the character but since this is about the portrait:

I like it. The casual clothing, light make-up and glasses give her the look of a free-spirit with a slight edge to her. Perhaps she's fiercely independent but laid back. I give bonus points for her not being unrealistically endowed.

7/10

Haha, well that's awesome, you pretty much nailed it there!

I must say I wasn't entirely happy with how the Intaki turned out in the new chargen. Not that they were bad per se, but just recreating GoGo wasn't exactly easy and it resulted in a very changed look. For one, her trademark red hair was gone, because Intaki don't exactly get the correct shade as an option.

NISYN Aelisha

« Reply #14 on: 22 Sep 2012, 09:56 »

Vaun has one of those 'interesting faces' where you can't quite place why it is odd at first glace.  Then you realize the man is part hammerhead!

Well, let's give this a go then, first off with Aelisha Montenagre:

« Last Edit: 22 Sep 2012, 09:57 by NISYN Aelisha »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33