Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Ammatars regard themselves as the true rulers of the Minmatars? Read more here.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Kindred of Scarecrows [SPOOX]  (Read 13000 times)

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
Kindred of Scarecrows [SPOOX]
« on: 28 Jul 2012, 17:02 »

Reference

[spoiler]

I am still very happy with the Honor Guard and Caldari FW, and am (currently) only assessing this idea for interest, style, and feasibility rather than launching something new.  Please reply regarding your level of interest and/or constructive criticism on the project.[/spoiler]

Less rare, though still not common, are the other detrimental marks such as the Spiraling Circle, the Scarecrow, the Purple Cross, or the Slaver's Fang.  These marks may force the bearer into a self-imposed lifetime vow of silence under traditional penalty of having their tongues cut out should they ever break it.  In recent years, it has become common for those with these marks to choose a life of exile over the burden of bearing their shame amongst their kin.

Kindred of Scarecrows [SPOOX] is an alt roleplay challenge corporation with a Minmatar theme, having IC connections to and parallels with the Thukker tribe and their MO.  Its members ascribe to a nomadic playstyle, moving from place to place and never owning more durable assets than they can fit in the cargohold of a Mammoth.  Self-sufficiency is a paramount goal.  SPOOX will explore and exploit to survive.  The Probe and Covetor will be our greatest tools.  We will strive to produce our own ships, modules, and ammunition for mission running and PvP.  The Rifter and Thrasher will be our primary weapons.  We will form a community of expatriates and exiles, forever on the move, and see how far the journey takes us.

Take note, SPOOX is meant to be a place to explore new characters in a constrained environment rather than relocate old ones.  Characters are expected to be alts (or at least start that way) and should be new graduates.  Members should limit any initial injections of ISK from other accounts to 50m for skillbooks and basic starting materials.

Recruitment is currently closed.  It will be selective.

Corp Priorities
Roleplay & Character Development
Nomadic Playstyle
Science & Industry
Mission Running
PVP/Piracy

Outcast Roleplay (with a fresh start)

The concept of exile is the roleplay foundation of SPOOX.  Its members are not quite pirates, but are by no means loyalists.  Unwelcome, either by force or by choice, in the places they once called home, circumstances require them to adopt a pragmatic worldview in order to survive.  There is little room for idealism in such a hostile universe.  The SPOOX community is a closed one, for obvious reasons, with the focus being on internal roleplay and character development over politics and showboating.

Roleplay is the leading element of the corp and immersion is key.  Accordingly, corp chat is IC.

Nomadic Basing

As a roleplay challenge corporation, SPOOX places some limitations on playstyle for flavor and variety.  The main idea here is that the corp relocates its base of operations every few weeks at the most, and its members have to pack up everything they want to keep and haul it in a single industrial ship.  With new characters, this starts with repackaging a frigate and a mining barge or two and moving them in a Mammoth.  Later on, we'll look at acquiring Mastodons or a Fenrir and expanding our "migrant fleet".

T1 Industry (expandable to T2)

With self-sufficiency more important to outcasts than your average character, mining, refining, and manufacturing are the corp's primary sources of equipment.  The corp makes what it can, uses what it needs, and sells the rest on the local market, wherever that happens to be at the time.  Profitability is not the objective.  Industry is simply a means to the end of acquiring necessary resources for survival.

Exploration & Thukker PvE (and don't forget smuggling and drugs!)

Even as capsuleers, SPOOX characters are supposed to be unwelcome in the places most others can visit freely.  There are cultural reasons for this.  Only among the Thukkers can they find parties willing to do business openly.  Thus, the only NPC faction the corp interacts with is the Thukker Tribe.  Mission running for Thukker Mix and Trust Partners are a major solo and group activity, but ratting (in belts and complexes) is also encouraged.  The exploration mini-professions of probing, hacking, archaeology, and salvage are also of interest.

PVP/Piracy

Once the kinks have been worked out and a rhythm developed, SPOOX will move toward a w-space/lowsec lifestyle.

Roster

Len Braid

Rharcyn Vuld

Heiki Haklar

Konar Vazul
« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2012, 05:31 by Ken »

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
Re: Kindred of Scarecrows [SPOOX]
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jul 2012, 17:37 »

I'm looking for new stuff to do in EVE, and seeing as I just freed up an alt slot on my other account I think I'll go ahead and sign up for this.

Varlerian

• Your friendly neighborhood entrepreneur
  • Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jul 2012, 17:39 »

+1

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jul 2012, 18:34 »

I would suggest keeping any bases to low/null sec or border areas.  Life on the fringes of the Empire, away from those nice trade hubs.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jul 2012, 19:26 »

I've never played a Minmatar. Hmmm.

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #5 on: 28 Jul 2012, 20:05 »

Alt made. Now, to dredge through the NPE...

ArtOfLight

« Reply #6 on: 28 Jul 2012, 21:12 »

This is a fascinating idea and it's awesome to see something new and inventive coming from the Minmatar angle. While I can't participate (or at least have no inclination to do so presently), I would love to see this develop.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #7 on: 29 Jul 2012, 01:54 »

Well, this looks familiar  ;) I'll have to see if I can spare an alt slot when I get back from my holiday.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #8 on: 29 Jul 2012, 02:50 »

You know this sounds pretty damn awesome :P

I may have to free up a spot to look into this as unfortunately my Minny Alt Durtha is almost a perfect fit for this... as you essentially described him :P

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #9 on: 29 Jul 2012, 08:45 »

+1 for cool Thukker-ness. Nice to see someone else trying the angle. :)
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #10 on: 29 Jul 2012, 13:03 »

ELEVEN THUMBS UP. I had to cut nine of them off strangers to make this happen, but there you go.

Syagrius

• Egger
    • Memoirs of a Madman.
« Reply #11 on: 29 Jul 2012, 15:38 »

I've never played a Minmatar. Hmmm.

What he said!
It sounds like an excellent idea, I ground an Amarr alt just to free up a slot  :eek:

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #12 on: 29 Jul 2012, 21:22 »

Awesome idea! I love the challenge aspect to it.

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #13 on: 30 Jul 2012, 04:16 »

Very cool idea :3

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #14 on: 30 Jul 2012, 07:46 »

Nice idea!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6