Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Achura has been part of the State for three centuries? For more, read here.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: Welp, there goes all the Elder Scrolls players from the EVE community...  (Read 31680 times)

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette

There's also the buggery that whenever anyone does something new, Blizzard steals it and adds it to WoW anyway  :bash:
Pity they didn't add permanent item loss to it from EVE then >_>

Now THAT would be hilarious.
PvP with consequences!? In my cheesy-easy-MMO... I do enjoy the thought of that.

Also for the record I have played WoW untill end-game, my cousin dragged me into it during a lul in my earlier EVE career - never have I felt so bitter about achieving something, I mean it was so easy that I, a relative noob to the game, on release of Cataclysm was 3rd in guild to hit 85.... for something I did as a casual time-killer between EVE.

:insert rage here:
« Last Edit: 15 May 2012, 17:31 by Mathra Hiede »

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave

There's also the buggery that whenever anyone does something new, Blizzard steals it and adds it to WoW anyway  :bash:

There was a very short time back in ye olde pvp ranking system where you couldn't use the gear if you lost the rank.

Which meant the poor bastards who spent their entire time grinding to the top rank for weapons had to no-life just to continue to use them.
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?

Now THAT would be hilarious.
PvP with consequences!? In my cheesy-easy-MMO... I do enjoy the thought of that.

Also for the record I have played WoW untill end-game, my cousin dragged me into it during a lul in my earlier EVE career - never have I felt so bitter about achieving something, I mean it was so easy that I, a relative noob to the game, on release of Cataclysm was 3rd in guild to hit 85.... for something I did as a casual time-killer between EVE.

:insert rage here:

There's a good reason why WoW is shedding subscribers fast.  My theory, given TOR's massive early subscription burst, is that unless this new WoW expansion does something drastic, Blizzard will lose out to EA.

It's a fair accusation that TOR is a WoW-clone.  It's also true that WoW is dated in more ways than one; in terms of flashiness, mechanics and wider native fanbase, TOR is a game with far more potential.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

TOR has also lost close to (if not over) 400k subscribers in the last couple months.

I wouldn't stick too much faith into EA either.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?

Eh.  I have little fondness for either company.  I suppose I keep waiting for WoW's wasting disease to kill it off.  Cataclysm did make it haemorrhage subscriptions.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.

If any game will break WoW it won't be SWTOR. That game was a massive disappointment. Guild Wars 2 might take a chunk out of WoW, who knows? Will just have to see, won't we?

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
    • The Goblin's Cave

The only thing likely to kill WoW is WoW itself.

Making more expansions like Cataclysm will speed it's demise. 1.8 mil subs lost in it's only full year?

Valadeus

The only thing likely to kill WoW is WoW itself.

Making more expansions like Cataclysm will speed it's demise. 1.8 mil subs lost in it's only full year?

The community of WoW will be a major player in the game's eventual downfall but yes, WoW will be its own end.

I don't suspect that Mists of Pandaria will be its last expansion, as many people seem pretty excited about what it has to offer. But I do think it won't hold people's interest for very long as it's only increasing by 5 levels (again) and still maintains the end-game grind that many people are beginning to hate.

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
    • The Goblin's Cave

They've given it new reasons to leave the city at least. Also LFR seemed to inspire more interest in the modern "I WANT IT NOW" generation.

And well, there's always the Pokemon sidegame, and goldfarming for the Black Market Auction House  :bash:

Random Sentience

TOR has also lost close to (if not over) 400k subscribers in the last couple months.

I wouldn't stick too much faith into EA either.
Of course, they spin it to "We lost 400k subscribers, but our number of accounts are higher than they were two months ago, and our subscribers are about the same as they were shortly after launch."

EA's PR department should be running election campaigns. :P

Kohiko Sun

• Duckling
  • Egger

They count unpaid trials in their subscription numbers, too. (And already sent me an email offer for a free month to come back and see the changes of patch 1.2.)

Someone please wake me up when I can play GW2 for more than a weekend a month. <3 my human guardian I've been playing in the beta.
Will work for pretty sig.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8AkiQBc2moY#!

9 minute video expounding on details. Will have actual combat like TERA, no GW2-style autoattack. Cautiously optimistic, I loved TERA's combat which was far superior to any other major MMO on the market, but everything else about the game was generic.

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran

New trailer thingie for the MMO.

Looks like it lacks the feel of the Elder Scroll series.

Visually and thematically.

How the hell can they screw up things that royally.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Khloe

• Silent Watcher
  • Egger

This game is going to have to bring something special to the table in terms of gameplay to really tempt me back into the MMO world.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child

New trailer thingie for the MMO.

Looks like it lacks the feel of the Elder Scroll series.

Visually and thematically.

How the hell can they screw up things that royally.

The developers of ESO are not the same developers of Skyrim.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17