Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Suuolo" is Caldari for friend? For more, read here

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Welp, there goes all the Elder Scrolls players from the EVE community...  (Read 31613 times)

Nissui

Quick side note in case this wasn't posted elsewhere.

ESO is B2P as of today. Not sure if there is any interest in this game anymore, but there you have it.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

Quick side note in case this wasn't posted elsewhere.

ESO is B2P as of today. Not sure if there is any interest in this game anymore, but there you have it.

what does B2P mean ?
\o/

Nissui

Buy-to-play, a la Guild Wars. Pay for game client once, no sub fees.

Lyn Farel

No one definitely saw that coming.  :P

Rin Kaelestria

• Egger
  • The fluffly Rinyan!

Subbed for one month on launch last year, haven't bothered with it after that month. But with my account activated as of today, I'll probably hop on a bit. So, I may be game. :P

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

What it sounds like to me is that it's a little bit of a weird system.

Subscription players get some amount of currency each month as a stipend (similar to STO + Zen), and full access to any "DLC" zones that are added as part of expansions or w/e. If their sub lapses, they lose access to all of those zones.

B2P players get access to the primary zones, then have to pay to get access to the new zones. Apparently that access is permanent once paid for but it's a little weird when contrasted with the subscription system, to me.

Might pick it up again when I get home though.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Nissui

What it sounds like to me is that it's a little bit of a weird system.

Subscription players get some amount of currency each month as a stipend (similar to STO + Zen), and full access to any "DLC" zones that are added as part of expansions or w/e. If their sub lapses, they lose access to all of those zones.

B2P players get access to the primary zones, then have to pay to get access to the new zones. Apparently that access is permanent once paid for but it's a little weird when contrasted with the subscription system, to me.

Might pick it up again when I get home though.

That does sound weird. I feel like if I was subbed, I'd just let it drop once, then pay once and be done with it. Until the next expansion anyway.

Hopefully that shit ain't full price like Blizzard do.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

Talking to Turelus atm, the only real reasons to be subscribed are:
- Monthly Crown stipend
- 10% bonus to XP gained
- research is done like EVE skills in real time, and has a 10% reduction in time if you are subscribed

So right now, not being subbed is better if none of those matter to you.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Jennifer Starfall

• Egger

Their sub model sounds a lot like the model Turbine uses for DDO and LotRO.

Utari Onzo

BRB, biomassing all my eve toons to play ES:O now its B2P

Jumping on the bandwagon late as always, me :''(

Rin Kaelestria

• Egger
  • The fluffly Rinyan!

BRB, biomassing all my eve toons to play ES:O now its B2P

Jumping on the bandwagon late as always, me :''(

That's a bit hastey. >_>   And don't feel bad. It's not much of a bandwagon to hop onto in the first place.  :P

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child

More like a rickshaw.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...

I hopped onto a rickshaw once. Had to pay for a new one.  :|

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Jace

• Veteran

I'll be playing ESO again soon now that it has no sub. I enjoyed the game except for the lack of endgame. If I am subbing a regular-style MMO, there better be a decent progression. That didn't exist for ESO. But without a sub, just running around with friends bullshitting and RPing is good enough. I'll be done with graduate school in a month, so I should have buttloads more time to play games. Woot.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]