Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Intaki who supported Caldari independence from the Federation were first exiled from the Federation, and then attacked by Caldari radicals demanding the expulsion of all foreigners? For more, read here.

Author Topic: Star Wars Anime fan film  (Read 1385 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Star Wars Anime fan film
« on: 27 Mar 2015, 12:57 »

I hadn't seen this linked here yet so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

It's pretty much fantastic. Imagine Star Wars as a 1980s "Starblazer" anime.

Rin Valador

• The one who cant sit still
  • Clonejack
Re: Star Wars Anime fan film
« Reply #1 on: 27 Mar 2015, 13:15 »

Loved it so much that I got permission from the guy to turn his movie poster of this into a fabric poster.  :cube:
On the internet no one knows you are a giraffe... no one...

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 27 Mar 2015, 13:17 »

Loved it so much that I got permission from the guy to turn his movie poster of this into a fabric poster.  :cube:

*space high five*

Lyn Farel

« Reply #3 on: 27 Mar 2015, 13:45 »

I saw it a few days ago. Its looks very lurish, but that's the spirit. It's a very impressive piece of work for a guy alone.

What I hated the most is the music, it ruins everything.

What I loved the most was the obvious care about the lore details and especially the obvious love the guy must have had for the x-wing series. You appreciate this anime twofold when you have played them.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #4 on: 27 Mar 2015, 14:00 »

This is the full form, but an earlier form was released a few years ago, using a track from KotOR instead. The music was much better in that earlier version IMO.

Is a very good video.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 27 Mar 2015, 14:15 »

This is the full form, but an earlier form was released a few years ago, using a track from KotOR instead. The music was much better in that earlier version IMO.

Is a very good video.

I loved the old one too

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 29 Mar 2015, 16:41 »

What was best for me was watching the video and noticing all the little hints the director drops that he's obviously played various Star Wars video games. Like, the 'incoming missile' buzzer, utility tug, and some of the TIE's control panels are from 'TIE Fighter', the Interdictor's anti-missile systems and the icons used for various TIE squadrons (the latter only visible for a fraction of a second!) are straight out of Empire At War, the strafing runs on the Corellian Corvettes all fairly popular approach methods from Battlefront II...

It's an homage to a whole bunch of things, not just 80's anime. And I loved it.

THEN I discovered the PDF linked in the video description. He's got backgrounds written out for all those characters; if he wanted to write a series basted on them, I'd totally watch it.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #7 on: 29 Mar 2015, 17:01 »

What was best for me was watching the video and noticing all the little hints the director drops that he's obviously played various Star Wars video games. Like, the 'incoming missile' buzzer, utility tug, and some of the TIE's control panels are from 'TIE Fighter', the Interdictor's anti-missile systems and the icons used for various TIE squadrons (the latter only visible for a fraction of a second!) are straight out of Empire At War, the strafing runs on the Corellian Corvettes all fairly popular approach methods from Battlefront II...

It's an homage to a whole bunch of things, not just 80's anime. And I loved it.

THEN I discovered the PDF linked in the video description. He's got backgrounds written out for all those characters; if he wanted to write a series basted on them, I'd totally watch it.

Yeah, I clenched when I heard the missile buzzer, no lie.

XWvT and XWA, so many good hours well spent. :cube: :cube:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 29 Mar 2015, 20:42 »

Yeah, I clenched when I heard the missile buzzer, no lie.

Seriously, that fucking sound has been drilled into my skull, funny to hear someone else acknowledge it.

Just... had instant flashback to that game and getting missile spammed by the CPU....

ALPHA 1  !!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #9 on: 30 Mar 2015, 02:32 »

Yes, that sound was something. Be it from the first games or the later XWA.