Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Sebiestor has embraced the pet-name Sinister Ones, given to them by the Amarr? Read more here

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Welp, there goes all the Elder Scrolls players from the EVE community...  (Read 31612 times)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

They already disappeared off the face of the cluster when Skyrim came out. If this is actually released and does well, they'll never come back. :lol:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire

I can hear Ava's cries of joy from here. She's been wanting one of these for a while  :)

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Vikarion

Probably not for me. I play the Elder Scrolls for some quality no-other-people + fun exploring time, not for the chance to gang up and do multiplayer. I have plenty of games for that, including Eve.

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette

Probably not for me. I play the Elder Scrolls for some quality no-other-people + fun exploring time, not for the chance to gang up and do multiplayer. I have plenty of games for that, including Eve.

Agreed - looking forward to it none the less, to see if its in anyway unique and not TES mod for WOW :s

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child

This makes me so angry in so many ways.

MMOs are the complete opposite of what made Elder Scrolls games so great. I won't even bother arguing with anyone here about why that is.

It doesn't matter anyways, because you can now say goodbye to Elder Scrolls VI. Skyrim was the last single player game for Elder Scrolls. Why bother making more single player blockbusters when you can add another shitty expansion to what will probably be another worthless MMO.

It should be noted that all of the Elder Scrolls games have been released with game breaking bugs and stability issues. The MMO will be no different.

My prediction?

It'll be released with your typical subscription fee, then bomb, then go free-to-play. I can only hope this happens in a short time so they can go back to making SP games.

Enough of this MMO crap. BRING BACK REAL RPGs!

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!

Honestly I lost interest when Molag Bal was the main Daedric enemy.

That particular Daedra is based on things that rub me really bad.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.

... a Nation RPer objects to the domination and enslavement of mortals?

Notsureifsrs.jpeg

Desiderya

I would kill to play a game like Skyrim in a small-scale co-op mode (2-4) akin to Borderlands. Imho that's the best of both worlds, typical Elder Scrolls gameplay and playing it with friends. But as an mmo... I don't know. It depends on how many contemporary MMO game mechanics they have to squeeze into the game, i.e. classes, 'grind' and linear progression.
Therefore I hope they're not simply going to cook up a standard MMO with the TES setting + the one defining feature ( hello SW:TOR ).

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help

My only question about this is:  can I play a Dark Elf sniper with a Soul Trapping bow?

(j/k, I probably won't play it.)

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave

I have no faith in this game being balanced and at all engaging, it'll be heaven for min/maxers though.

Bethesda have never shown their ability to create a balanced game, gorgeous great big open scale enviroments sure. But the only reason they're fun to the individual is you can play how you like.
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.

Pretty much true. I can't think of a single Bethesda game (except Brink I suppose, but I think Splash Damage did the actual development there, yeah?) where you couldn't completely break the game and become completely overpowered.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!

... a Nation RPer objects to the domination and enslavement of mortals?

Notsureifsrs.jpeg

Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran

Mmh. Yeah, Molag Bal is, more than most, viscerally E-ville. His quest in "Oblivion" involved corrupting a retired paladin. His quest in Skyrim involves beating a defenseless, trapped (if irascible) old man to death with a rusted mace. He's got an impressive record of leaving me feeling dirty on the basis of wholly fictional acts.

I don't think I'll be taking part in TES Online, though; for me, much of the fun of the series is the permanent impact you can leave on your surroundings.

Actually assassinating, for instance, named, unique NPCs who have an existence outside of the quest line is sort of anathema to an MMO, which must necessarily have either a persistent or persistent-ish world (lest some merry psychopath depopulate all the NPCs).

Also, TES has always treated death as permanent, the only exception being ... um, dealings with Molag Bal.

Oh, dear. Well, that's one way to explain a respawn mechanic.

Ah-- there are also acts of the gods, ala Knights of the Nine, but that's ... less ... common? I think?

Random Sentience

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_elder_scrolls_online/b/pc/archive/2012/05/04/first-screen-and-details-surrounding-elders-scrolls-online.aspx

I think I will skip this. I have grown to dislike the "Fantasy MMO" genre, and this looks to be more of the same.

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran

These news make me a sad panda.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17