Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hubert Caissor was a Gallentean senator who, along with his entire family and personal wealth, disappeared aboard the starship Peralles while jumping from the Dom-Aphis system to Iderion.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Deus Ex: Human Revolution  (Read 16446 times)

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution
« Reply #90 on: 04 Sep 2011, 00:32 »

Hmmm.

I've played it for about ten hours.

I don't see what the fuss is about.

The whole game is pretty average.

Controls are not intuitive, non lethal stealth game play is favoured, horrible voice acting, unlikeable characters plus a lot of the same problems are in the game that was in the first one.
Mainly in the world building.

I'd give it 7/10.

Also the FF7 reference in the first boss fight was kind of lame.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #91 on: 04 Sep 2011, 00:40 »

My understanding is that most bullets are distinctly sub-sonic. Hence the "buzz" rather than the "crack" of a passing bullet.

Am I wrong?

No. Most low-caliber firearms can be silenced quite well, considering the noise they made before silencing them. Most high-caliber weapons however are to loud to be effectively silenced due a variety of reasons - being powerful enough to break the sound-barrier is one. I think what Ken might be thinking of is the fact that silencers don't really 'silence' the weapon - it merely supresses the sound it makes, and this is only effective outside a specific range and in specific situations - the level of back-ground noise being one factor that might help/hinder the purpsoe of a silencer.

On a boat at sea in a storm, you might hear the roaring sound of an automatic weapon being fired without a silencer on the other end of the ship, for instance, but most likely not if it's silenced. On the other hand, it won't help you too much to silence your gun if you kill someone in one room of the same boat whiel his friends sit around in the next one...

Screw this, I should not make posts 08:40 in the morning with no sleep, I'm pulling crap from my ass, I suspect. I'm off.
« Last Edit: 04 Sep 2011, 00:43 by BloodBird »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #92 on: 04 Sep 2011, 04:26 »

If I am correct the silenced guns in the game are not totally silent. If you shoot while someone is very close, they will hear it like a footstep or stuff like that. I might be wrong though.

My understanding is that most bullets are distinctly sub-sonic. Hence the "buzz" rather than the "crack" of a passing bullet.

Am I wrong?

I don't know. I heard that in war for example (WW2), soldiers could experience 2 types of sounds when hearing bullets passing nearby : always the usual buzzing sound, except for bullets passing at a few centimeters of the ears, which would instead sound like a crack. It might be wrong ofc, I read that in a novel.

Ryven Krennel

• Wetgraver
« Reply #93 on: 04 Sep 2011, 05:42 »

With very few exceptions, suppressors are used for subsonic rounds, in the real world.  Not all high caliber rounds are supersonic though.  The upside is, most pistol and smg rounds are subsonic.  This is why you see more of those with optional suppressors.  There is a delicate balance though.  I recently went to a range and fired some suppressed weaponry (MAC 10, Glock 19), and the guy who ran it explained all of this but have since forgotten.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #95 on: 04 Sep 2011, 16:50 »

Hm. Informative entries; thanks, Ken. Interesting that the two most "easily silenced" rounds are the .22 LR and .45 ACP. I suppose it makes sense: difference in size does not imply difference in speed.

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #96 on: 05 Sep 2011, 13:56 »

I'm propably in the midle of the game or something like that.

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #97 on: 06 Sep 2011, 13:40 »

I loved everything about this game except the end.

[spoiler]What the hell happened there? It's like the whole development team just went home after the final boss and left some interns to splice together random cliché footage and find the easiest possible way to make something "interactive" and "choice...-y" about it.

I can think of a dozen little things that could have made the ending so much more living, nuanced and interesting.[/spoiler]

EDIT: on a different note, this is how the third boss should be handled:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWF24OGMYvs
« Last Edit: 07 Sep 2011, 08:32 by Horatius Caul »

Desiderya

« Reply #98 on: 06 Sep 2011, 18:28 »

Liked the endings personally. Just not the "PRESS BUTTON 1, 2, 3 or 4!"-delivery.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #99 on: 07 Sep 2011, 07:17 »

May want to spoiler tags those for people who haven't completed the game yet.

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #100 on: 07 Sep 2011, 07:30 »

I was under the impression that spoiler tags weren't working, mainly because they aren't showing for me.

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #101 on: 07 Sep 2011, 07:50 »

I was under the impression that spoiler tags weren't working, mainly because they aren't showing for me.

Working on it. Somehow a minor revision change broke the entire damn thing.
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #102 on: 07 Sep 2011, 08:32 »

Working on it. Somehow a minor revision change broke the entire damn thing.
Okidok. I'll throw in some tags then.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #103 on: 08 Sep 2011, 10:01 »

Well, I was expecting a crappy end since I have read this here and there... And I got instead a good feeling when I finished the game. I found the questions asked profound enough and no real good choice to be made (between the alternative ends), which made me hesitate a lot, much like in the first one.

Without counting little annoying things here and there, overall I found the themes very good and the atmosphere quite deep and realistic, profound, unlike the hollywoodish crap  we are fed everyday by studios like Bioware (still good, but full of dull clichés and scenaristic bad taste).

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #104 on: 08 Sep 2011, 15:47 »

Is there any way to extract the sound track on the PS3 blue ray extra disk, without a BD player on your PC?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11