Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that "Operation Trinity Vanguard" was the code name for the defense of the Incursions in Anyed, Antem and Imya. The Anti-Incursion fleets contisted over 800 pilots from CVA, KotMC, Moira., Star Fraction, FCORD, SYNE Coalition and countless other corps and alliances.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Deus Ex: Human Revolution  (Read 16199 times)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution
« Reply #60 on: 28 Aug 2011, 12:13 »

[spoiler]10mm pistol, Revolver and Sniper Rifle. The first two tricked out as far as I can get them. Sniper Rifle with Laser Sights because damn that upgrade is overpowered. It lets you basically use it scopeless however and whenever you want. Silenced 10mm allows for silent headshot kills (especially with armor piercing upgrade) and high ranges and Explosive Revolver lets you take down almost anything else with ease during combat. It'll tear apart robots and in the third (and hardest) bossfight it's ridiculously overpowered as it just shreds the boss.

Augs, well... I had most of them, I think. Hacking very high, as that is useful from the get-go and all the way through the game. Punching through walls. Dual takedowns (even if that is situational and I rarely used it). Electricity/EMP immunity as that makes two bossfights (second and last respectively) completely trivial. Invisibility for slipping through laser grids/past cameras in some cases. Seeing through walls aug, but I very rarely used it. Rebreather for gas/poison immunity was useful in a couple of places.

Oh, and maxed inventory space augs and power cells and regeneration of those.

Can't recall what else I had.[/spoiler]

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #61 on: 28 Aug 2011, 14:32 »

If you liked the original, you'll like this one. This is the only real sequel to the original Deus Ex, even if it is a prequel. Invisible War never happened, y'hear?

Well... except for the achievements. I really don't like those achievements. In the original Deus Ex, you could go through the entire game without killing, if you slightly glitched one of the bosses. It became an emergent feat of honor to go entirely murderless through the game and you couldn't even prove that you'd done it. It was just a result of excellent game-design that an FPS game allowed you to go non-lethal routes almost everywhere and players rejoiced in it. Now? It's a freakin' achievement. Beyond those of us who played the original and ran the non-lethal route just because we could, the majority of non-lethal players this time around wouldn't even have considered it without the achievement dangled in front of them.

Basically, achievements cheapen all the things you've done to 'achieve' them.

In short, I'd like to thank the mouthbreathing masses for jumping on that particular aneurysm inducing bandwagon of failure, forcing developers everywhere to scatter nonsensical and worthless little affirming tidbits around the games just to appease the e-peen rubbing turds who wouldn't know real achievements in games unless it was rammed up their ass with a nifty little icon.

I got the game mostly working last night and am mostly enjoying it, though alt tabbing tends to glitch the client and load screens are a gamble. 

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #62 on: 28 Aug 2011, 15:08 »

Kinda strange. This is one of the few games that handles rapidly alt-tabbing for me without a single hitch when not in windowed mode.

Took me about 25ish hours to beat it on the first go on the hardest difficulty. Going now for round two and it's happening much quicker since I'm spending less time sneaking around corners and more headshotting people. :P
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #63 on: 28 Aug 2011, 20:57 »

Still random crashes left and right, and the most frustrating thing is I screwed something up and had to go back and now I'm stuck because I fucked up my saves. 

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #64 on: 29 Aug 2011, 02:27 »

Alt-tabbing can randomly cause the main menu to not respond to clicks. So basically, if you have not saved your game, don't do it.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #65 on: 29 Aug 2011, 04:22 »

Updating my video drivers helped moderately.  That said, I still crash periodically on cut scenes, alt tabs, or load screens (and the load screens are literally slower than PS2 back in 1999).

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #66 on: 29 Aug 2011, 08:13 »

Been playing on the PS3 with no problems as of yet. Graphics are fine, load time is fine and havent noticed any glitches. I'm curious to know what people were complaining about.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #67 on: 29 Aug 2011, 08:16 »

The glitches were very few and far between, but the load times were horrendous on consoles until they patched it. Well, according to some notes I read somewhere. The patch allegedly reduced load times by over 50% for some people.

Misan

• Pod Captain
« Reply #68 on: 29 Aug 2011, 08:52 »

The same happened on PC actually. About half way through my first playthrough they patched it and afterwards everything loaded so much faster. Went from 10-15s for most load screens down to around 5.

Bacch I might look at your Direct X software version and see if that needs an update maybe; otherwise usually when I see problems with alt-tabbing at least that usually points to RAM issues. vOv
Twitter

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #69 on: 29 Aug 2011, 09:16 »

The glitches were very few and far between, but the load times were horrendous on consoles until they patched it. Well, according to some notes I read somewhere. The patch allegedly reduced load times by over 50% for some people.

What date did this patch take effect?

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #70 on: 29 Aug 2011, 09:32 »

No idea. I got it on Steam which auto-updated it at some point. I didn't really pay attention to the date. If it helps at all, it was right before the second bossfight, because I remember being glad that dying and reloading didn't take all that long, heh.

Misan

• Pod Captain
« Reply #71 on: 29 Aug 2011, 09:50 »

Update hit on the 25th: http://store.steampowered.com/news/?feed=steam_updates&appids=28050.

Supposed to be some news/announcement coming at 22:00 today according to the ticker on the main menu.
Twitter

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #72 on: 29 Aug 2011, 14:16 »

I have 8 GB of RAM and it's about 9 months old.  Better not be the issue.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11