Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ladette Russeot is a Gallentean woman who in YC106, at age 17, hacked the code used by deadspace warp beacons that had been proclaimed unhackable just days before.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: What kind of Rp do you like doing the most/least ?  (Read 9181 times)

Inara Subaka

• Egger
  • Business Woman
Re: What kind of Rp do you like doing the most/least ?
« Reply #15 on: 04 Jun 2011, 16:56 »

What I like: Ideology conflict. A different worldview of what makes the cluster spin by varying parties that disagree causing good character altering discussion/debate(IC). Violence over ideology isn't my preferred reason for violence, would like to keep the violence segregated to the 'business' side of EVE for Inara.

What I actually face: Ideology conflict that others tend to instantly escalate to Power conflict. Inara's worldview is not a common one, and many have turned to violence because they disagree with her... which is okay too, because watching their ships ASPLODE is sometimes satisfying. It doesn't help that Inara is irritatingly polite (most of the time), and won't raise her voice, preferring to talk to someone who disagrees with her like she's talking to a child that needs to understand. And Power conflict has always gone in my favor... so far.

As for Soap, well I enjoy a little of it mixed in, but usually as more the lubrication between the joints of the Ideology and Power conflicts. Constantly present, but not the focus of the situation.

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 04 Jun 2011, 20:03 »

Need moar POWAH!

IzzyChan

• Omelette
  • 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat
    • IzzyBlog
« Reply #17 on: 04 Jun 2011, 20:52 »

I like it when everyone gets into the conversation.

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #18 on: 04 Jun 2011, 23:11 »

I like a mix of all three. I'm not a big fan of the soapbox, but it depends on how its done.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Sinjin Mokk

• Egger
  • One Kingdom, One King!
    • Dark Amarr
« Reply #19 on: 04 Jun 2011, 23:44 »

A good mix isn't bad.

I had a great "session" with Leo Caine recently. It was just Sinjin and Leo and Leo's slave sitting around, having a drink and discussing business, mutual aquaintences and ideologies. Verbal fencing at it's finest.   8)

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #20 on: 05 Jun 2011, 04:05 »

Ideology for mine, with a side order of the others.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #21 on: 05 Jun 2011, 05:22 »

Like Scagga said. Though it depends of the character I am playing (but obviously I have only one main, the rest are story supporting characters). Depending of the character in question I will probably touch one side more than the other sides. With Lyn it is more about ideology (coupled with a little power), but this is mainly the public side. There is a little soap on common day to day channels, though it has always remained quite soft for now (no big character to character drama cooked with utterly dramatic sauce of hurted feelings and emotion).

I have no preference for one upon the 2 others. What matters for me is the quality and entertainement of the roleplay in question.

I would have argued that a lot of 'soap' RP has the exact opposite issue of people drumming up teh dramaz for the sake of teh dramaz, honestly, but I've never ran into any major instance of what you described. Characters in conflict for whatever reason can be just as enjoyable as characters who get along like a house on fire, surely?

In any case, cheers for the clarification; the rest is probably a matter for another thread.

I have seen both.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: 05 Jun 2011, 11:25 »

Ideology motivated by a hidden well of (largely internalized) soap, with power as a means to various related ends.

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #23 on: 05 Jun 2011, 12:16 »

So here's a thing, right.

I don't actually like PvP very much. That's not to say I won't do it when it's required of me, or that I actively run from every possibility of a PvP engagement. I just... really don't enjoy it very much, at least not right now. If other people have fun PvPing, more power to them, but right now, I just don't find it all that fun - it might be because of the small size of Mixed Metaphor and my relative inexperience, but it's not what I pay my subscription for right now. So basically, I'm always going to respond better to characters whose players don't expect me to spend real-world time and money on doing something I don't find all that fun.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #24 on: 05 Jun 2011, 13:54 »

Power & Idealogical.

Quote from: Louella Dougans
Power: Characters economic, military or other material goals are in conflict. Parking your tanks on someone else's lawn is the start of things. Wars and explosions soon follow.

Sometimes explosions do not follow or it may be fought via proxies.

Need moar POWAH!

I think it is fair to say there is a power and idealogical struggle going on between I-RED and LDIS.  It's foundation is the struggle between Liberal and Patriot Caldari corporations.  This bleeds over into conflict over areas of focus, for example domestic development vs foreign markets (Black Rise vs Providence or Placid & Syndicate).  There is also a struggle for leadership of the State's capsuleers and their support.

Are these conflicts likely to turn into shooting matches? Most likely not direct ones as the appearance of a unified front is important.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #25 on: 05 Jun 2011, 20:56 »

I enjoy all three in a regularly-rotating dosage :)

Although I think for my absolute favorite interactions I enjoy humorous verbal battles of wits / conversations/ sparring more than anything else.

Finding a particularly good quip or witty remark at the right time in a real-time IC comm channel is just the bee's knees as far as I'm concerned.  Some of my favorite interactions have been the ones that end up as hilarious witty interjections from friends and enemies.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #26 on: 05 Jun 2011, 23:21 »

I'm going to answer this in a general sense because I'm not fond of picking any of those.

My favorite RP is when I can't predict what's going to happen (be it combat, debate, or a casual chat in a bar) and they can challenge my characters and bring them out of the box, so to speak. I least enjoy racial politics- the discussion has already been anticipated the moment the discussion started and pretty much has to end in space with killboards and the usual one-upsmanship that happens in the rest of EVE, which I could sincerely do without.

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #27 on: 06 Jun 2011, 02:17 »

RP with explosions in space, so 'power' mostly.

Rodj Blake

• Egger
  • Amarr Victor Meldrew
« Reply #28 on: 06 Jun 2011, 05:03 »

I like stuff related to actual stuff happening in the game rather than drama-llama suff.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #29 on: 06 Jun 2011, 19:23 »

I think it interesting all three of your options end up in explosions  8)

Especially considering how rarely explosions actually seem to happen when RPers are involved (at least in my experience).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5