Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That small robots called "cleaner bugs" are used to keep space station areas free of refuse? (The Burning Life p. 74)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: What other RP corps and areas interest you?  (Read 11774 times)

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
What other RP corps and areas interest you?
« on: 02 Apr 2011, 20:54 »

From OOC chat today, we discussed what other corps or alliance one might join if one were to leave their current occupation.

For example, if I were to take into account my character's RP history and remain more or less true to it, I would most likely join either:

EL-G (Seems like good RP and PVP and Mammal was previously in the FDU)
I-RED (And I'd move my character who is in I-RED into KotMC - they seem awesome)
Intaki Pure (If I wanted to go evil Ida route)

If I wanted to turn my back on the whole RP history:

Anshar (Would make for an awesome betrayal)
Veto (Would get good PVP here)
KotMC (Again, looks like good fun)

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
Re: What other RP corps and areas interest you?
« Reply #1 on: 02 Apr 2011, 21:24 »

Piracy :yar:

Also, Nation is relevant to my interests.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #2 on: 02 Apr 2011, 21:41 »

Hmm... hard to say. I've been considering the options and there's not really many out there. Minnie RP corps are few and far between, apparently centralized fairly well in EM and U'K. There's others out there, but I just don't know much about them.

I guess... I don't know, the only ones Miz know about are Electus Matari corps and Murientor Tribe. From an OoC standpoint, Electus Matari would probably be the choice, but from an IC point of view it wouldn't work considering there's plenty of Electus Matari pilots who wants to kill Mizhara.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #3 on: 02 Apr 2011, 22:09 »

If I was to Leave RIA, It'd likely be for Naraka.

With the whole RP history thrown out...oh...choices, maybe look at the Minny or Amarr, Possibly the toasters, since they're all rather cool.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #4 on: 02 Apr 2011, 22:28 »

If I were to utterly abandon all I've done with Grae so far, I'd join Veto (for the fun, and I get along with most of the members), or possibly EM.  :yar:

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #5 on: 02 Apr 2011, 23:16 »

Hmm... assuming for some reason Senn left ANSH and the Serps...

He could forgive his earliest gang's betrayals and try to join the Guristas again, but that would be a stretch of his trust. Other than that, the Angels would be a prime choice. Then again, if there was a Caldari loyalist corp willing to take on a semi-repentant criminal, it would be an interesting reversal, and Senn would still be fulfilling his original duties as a part of the State.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 03 Apr 2011, 00:29 »

I've considered Esna going randomAngel, so... Naraka? and of course Electus Matari (if they would accept me :P )... unfortunately there aren't many other Amarrian corps that match Esna's goals and mindset. Mind you, I've wanted to try buiilding a corp on my own...

EDIT: Stimulus. Both because Esna leaving the Empire would represent a level of disgust with Empire politics that could at least a passing interest in the kind of non-national thing Stimulus does, and because Stimulus is just plain awesome.
« Last Edit: 03 Apr 2011, 10:04 by Esna Pitoojee »
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Crucifire

« Reply #7 on: 03 Apr 2011, 00:37 »

If I were to ever leave SHARE (not anytime soon that's for sure) it would be for a capsuleer oriented, RP-lite alliance like Rote Kapelle, or even one that didn't RP at all. Maybe Tuskers if I were able to keep up with their highly active PVP'ing. I really couldn't picture Cruci in any of the major empires, nor could I picture her aligned with any of the existing pirate factions.

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 03 Apr 2011, 01:25 »

If John was to change his ideals ect. I guess would be.

Veto.
Intaki Liberation Front / IPI

Lyn Farel

« Reply #9 on: 03 Apr 2011, 05:08 »

Interesting. I asked myself a lot these questions recently.

If Lyn had to leave KotMC she would probably directly knoc at I-RED door. Or Yulai Guard, but OOCly I am not sure I want that. Besides that if there was a SCT corp somewhere, I would already be in it, but these seem doomed to failure every time.

If she had to turn rogue or something, I suppose she could go to EM.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #10 on: 03 Apr 2011, 05:13 »

Not really thought about 'Post Anshar' or any situations that don't involve me in it.
Guess I'd go back to Ghosts or start something new entirely. Not really sure what though. I've always fantasized about going full time with the Intel Brokering thing.
« Last Edit: 03 Apr 2011, 05:22 by Milo Caman »

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #11 on: 03 Apr 2011, 05:51 »

To be brutally honest, very few RP corps of the moment interest me. Then again, when I was making my short list of corps to join (including non RP groups) when I came back to the game, I found the short list to be very short indeed. So it may not be a "problem" exclusive to the RP side of things, but there definitely seems to be a lack of strongly branded groups with cool identities who also match all that with actual effectiveness. Not saying there aren't a few out there (because there are), but there seems to be largely two types of groups out there: generic and those afflicted with Goon-like-behaviour-syndrome.

I do have a slight curiosity regarding the major movers on either side of the Amarr-Minmatar conflict though, such as PIE, UK, EM, et al. They are all age old monoliths with long pedigree, though.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #12 on: 03 Apr 2011, 07:07 »

Piracy :yar:

Also, Nation is relevant to my interests.
:cry:

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #13 on: 03 Apr 2011, 07:33 »

okay, so putting further thought into this, if I was to, for some reason abandon the angels completely (which wouldn't happen because angels are awesome, but run with me here) the few places I'd look at would be:

TSF - I have a lot of friends there, and I know they're a good group of...person shaped creatures.

Veto - They seem pretty cool, I dunno if I'd get in, but this is hypothetical anyway, so why not?

Electus Matari - They've always been really cool when I interacted with them, and it seems like they have some really interesting RP going.

Hellcats - This would be if I decided to stop RPing entirely, and just wanted some cool people to pvp with
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #14 on: 03 Apr 2011, 08:50 »

I kinda went back to Angels recently, under my own label.

In case it all goes tits up and I wanna stay true to the RP's;

Veto  - Always luv them ♥
Ghost Festival - Myrhipooh and the Axion ♥

If I would drastically hammer Vince's RP to a new shape;

KotMC - Fun people and a fun corp :3
Shinryaku - Cheiftan is the only dude who can carry me on piggy back in real life. This is reason enough.

If I were to say fuck it to all RP backgrounds and RP in general;

Gunpoint Diplomacy [RANSM] - Epic pew and fun people
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5