Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Julianus Soter first stated his intention to liberate Federation space on December 4th, Year 111? See the announcement here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: What other RP corps and areas interest you?  (Read 11773 times)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: What other RP corps and areas interest you?
« Reply #15 on: 03 Apr 2011, 08:56 »

This has come up for me recently, actually, and I finally decided just to find a group of people who (A) I already knew and liked OOC, (b) had RP that I could dig as well, and (c) I could use as a stepping-stone to rule New Eden!!!

Wait, maybe not that last bit1.

Anyway, I'm not sure that my current interests require much specifically out of a RP corp. That is, I like a corp that RPs because, hey, it's easier to pick up chicks that way2. But if you're focused on trade, industry, etc., then even a regular or RP lite corp can often fit the bill.

1: Or maybe so...
2: This may not be true.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #16 on: 03 Apr 2011, 09:21 »

Shin's already done her "major betrayal" thing when she went into Omerta, so I don't know if I could do something like that again. Then again, she's come out of it without much in the way of a moral compass, so anything is possible.

If I left RIA, I'd do so for a solo/small gang PVP RP corp. I'd say EM, but I've got a bad history of joining EM right as I'm losing interest in Eve (and thus leaving), and I like them too much to do that again.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 03 Apr 2011, 10:09 »

If John was to change his ideals ect. I guess would be.

Veto.
Intaki Liberation Front / IPI
This would require a change in ideals?  ;)

If LDIS fell apart... maybe back to CAIN for a bit.  Or I had an idea for a Syndicated-based Caldari Patriot pirate corp probably a year ago - Exiled Patriots [EXPAT].

If I just ignored Dex's background?  Figure out where Zag went off to...

Edit:  I would try and build up Ekcuah Incorporated's west coast TZ!
« Last Edit: 03 Apr 2011, 10:21 by orange »

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #18 on: 03 Apr 2011, 10:23 »

This has come up for me recently, actually, and I finally decided just to find a group of people who (A) I already knew and liked OOC, (b) had RP that I could dig as well, and (c) I could use as a stepping-stone to rule New Eden!!!

Wait, maybe not that last bit1.

Anyway, I'm not sure that my current interests require much specifically out of a RP corp. That is, I like a corp that RPs because, hey, it's easier to pick up chicks that way2. But if you're focused on trade, industry, etc., then even a regular or RP lite corp can often fit the bill.

1: Or maybe so...
2: This may not be true.

I like this superscript business, Casiella. Nothing like the vestiges of Harvard referencing to give a literati tone to an RP forum.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #19 on: 03 Apr 2011, 10:52 »

I usually prefer brackets but thought I'd go with something more Sundayish.

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #20 on: 03 Apr 2011, 11:15 »

Hmm, If Deadie was to go back to the Nation. Would most definately look into TSF.

If I was to start all over. I would be tempted to go pro-Fed and look into MM or EL-G  :D

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Varlerian

• Your friendly neighborhood entrepreneur
  • Clonejack
« Reply #21 on: 03 Apr 2011, 11:59 »

Hmm, as much as I love teh RPs, OOC reasons have prevented Var from joining a few interesting pro-Caldari corps/alliances (particularly, I-RED). There aren't many liberal Caldari RP corps/alliances (other than I-RED) that I know of either, so that sucks for Var IC. It's because of this reason that he will be forming his own corp aligned under the liberal faction of the Caldari very soon.  :D

If Var were to change his liberal ideals, but still be loyal to the State then perhaps he would be interested in joining LDIS or other more..."patriotic" groups.

If Var were to completely abandon all ties with the State then he would probably go with EL-G, or some other pro-Gallente corp/alliance. No offense to Amarrian supporters out there, but typical IC Amarrians annoy me with their constant blabber of their "God" and "faith," so I wouldn't have Var join a pro-Amarr group simply for OOC reasons. :P

On a personal note, I have always fancied the idea of having Var work against the State which he so fiercly serves by joining Veto. ;)

I don't know Rote Kapelle other than from what I've read about them, and based on what I've read, they also seem like a really cool RP lite alliance.

Vieve

« Reply #22 on: 03 Apr 2011, 12:16 »

Eh, er, uh, ehm ... other RP corps?

EM's contraindicated for Vieve for several RP reasons -- even if Jake went off his nut and decided to join up (assuming one of their corps would admit him), she wouldn't join him in that corp.  

Returning to the Federation also wouldn't be an option, for several other RP reasons.  Though, I guess the fallout from Vieve's ignoring those reasons could be entertaining.

Would Vieve ever follow her mother into "supporting the Angels"?   Er ... no.  Vieve's a law-abiding citizen, even if the laws she follows are quite frequently more natural than political.  While she'd certainly do Verone's filing if he needed help with it, it's more likely she'd go have a long chat with Uncle Dex about career options ... and no doubt a whole bunch of Very Bad Things would happen because of that conversation.

Celeste is doing what she's doing for A Reason.  I think she's more likely to create her own corporation than join another one, unless a number of Very Bad or Very Good Things happen.  It should be taken as read that some of the Very Bad Things would be Good by some definitions, and some of the Very Good Things Bad by other definitions.   She's like the EvE equivalent of Martha Stewart or something.

I kinda went back to Angels recently, under my own label.

Oh, my.  That's interesting.

If I just ignored Dex's background?  Figure out where Zag went off to...

Last I knew, that MMORPG called RL (the same one I have a hard time getting away from) got him in its clutches.

« Last Edit: 03 Apr 2011, 12:18 by Vieve »

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #23 on: 03 Apr 2011, 12:40 »

RL is way overrated. Balance sucks, the death penalty is way harsh, though at least it's got some nice eye candy.

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #24 on: 03 Apr 2011, 12:42 »

If I wasn't so obsessed with doing my own thing (and pretty terrible at PvP) I'd probably go and join Veto.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #25 on: 03 Apr 2011, 13:04 »

Hmm, as much as I love teh RPs, OOC reasons have prevented Var from joining a few interesting pro-Caldari corps/alliances (particularly, I-RED). There aren't many liberal Caldari RP corps/alliances (other than I-RED) that I know of either, so that sucks for Var IC. It's because of this reason that he will be forming his own corp aligned under the liberal faction of the Caldari very soon.  :D
I need to go build out the list;  I have lost a few prospective members (IC employees) to corps other than I-RED.
it's more likely she'd go have a long chat with Uncle Dex about career options ... and no doubt a whole bunch of Very Bad Things would happen because of that conversation.
I always chuckle when Dex gets referred to as Vieve's uncle.

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #26 on: 03 Apr 2011, 13:58 »

If John was to change his ideals ect. I guess would be.

Veto.
Intaki Liberation Front / IPI

This would require a change in ideals?  ;)

Well I am a bad pirate because I feel guilt every time I kill a defenseless player, or am a asshole to someone who does not deserve it. So yes huge Ideal change if I chose to go pirate.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #27 on: 03 Apr 2011, 14:14 »

It wouldn't take too much for Silas to 'come out' as a Sabik if need be, could be quite fun actually. Although setting up as a warlord pirate in lowsec somewhere could also be a blast. Maybe Angels, hmm.

Marcus Gord

• Mathfail Silverback
  • Egger
  • Soldier of Fortune
« Reply #28 on: 03 Apr 2011, 14:41 »

I don't think there's anywhere else I could go that would offer what I want right now. I did look at Re-Aw and LDIS before, though.
Stormcrows.

Will pay for good sig. Enquire within.

You can't take the sky from me

Cmdr Baxter

• "The Old Man"
  • Egger
    • The Synenose Accord
« Reply #29 on: 03 Apr 2011, 16:13 »

SYNE is a "fringe" thing TBH; not like we have to worry about all the big alliance-types muscling in on capsuleer intelligence when it comes to Nation. And I do rather like being able to explore a "grey" area in RP (law-abiding citizen, stalwart military officer, finally free to actually speak with the pirate factions and not have to think of how it would affect my straight-as-an-arrow RP).

But if I had to leave SYNE ... ? Not sure. Tough question. Crossing the line to join SR is out (not sure if they'd even have me; never been a great fan of zombies anyways), not sure I want to get caught up in faction warfare politics. Retirement from RP is obviously out. Maybe something Caldari-lite where I didn't have to worry about stumping against the Federation on the IGS? I'll get back to you in a year or two. 8)
« Last Edit: 03 Apr 2011, 16:15 by Cmdr Baxter »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5