Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That "gods and spirits" is a popular Achura and Minmatar expression of disbelief?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: "Did You Know..." Public Submission Thread  (Read 42806 times)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: "Did You Know..." Public Submission Thread
« Reply #30 on: 22 Apr 2010, 12:30 »

That chapter was weak (as far as PF goes). Time for more. Hopefully none of it qualifies as spoilers. If any of them are too spurious, feel free to leave them out. :)

[spoiler]...that docked frigates are hooked in with massive electromagnetic anchors? (p. 75)

...that docked cruisers are held in place with massive clamps on strategic support sections of the ship, and are disengaged with incendiary explosives? (p. 75)

...that the largest ships have thousands of inhabitants? (p. 76)

...that light pits, used to hold ships in place, are filled with complex electronic equipment, have no safety boundaries, and are lit with a dim blue light when not in use? (p. 77)

...that small colony hangars cannot have comprehensive hangar security systems due to the need to scramble forces quickly? (p. 78)

...that some, but not all, datakeys have bioheuristic security systems? (p. 79)

...that Blood Raider ships have the same design and golden sheen as Amarrian vessels, but are mottled in rust-like vermilion? (p. 80)

...that, even on non-capsuleer vessels, ship command sections are designed to be sheared off and function as an escape capsule? (p. 85)[/spoiler]

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #31 on: 22 Apr 2010, 13:08 »

Did you know...

...that the Curse Alliance (CA) is the only alliance mentioned in the EVE Chronicles?

I do also remember a few other nice bits of more conventional "lore", but I'll want to check the sources first. (For example, did you know that Ishukone manufactures the most pods? And Hyasyoda's killer product is the capsuleer docking bay? Both need a source, though...)

Saxon Hawke

• Omelette
    • Free Intaki
« Reply #32 on: 22 Apr 2010, 19:51 »

Did you know that Saxon Hawke has the inscription "A man travels the universe in search of what he needs and returns home to find it." added near the entry port of every ship he purchases.

Did you know that Saxon Hawke's son Ravi died in drug-related hovercar crash that had connections to the Serpentis "Aenebra" cult? Read more about it here: http://www.eveonline.com/news.asp?a=single&nid=1955&tid=5

Did you know that The Intaki Liberation Front uses local civilian employees in its orbital production facility known as Prosperity Station? Read more about it here: http://www.eveonline.com/news.asp?a=single&nid=3760&tid=7

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #33 on: 23 Apr 2010, 05:00 »

Did you know...

...that one of the primary exports of the Amarrian Theology Council is booze? (Theology Council in-game info, Market Activity tab).

(Also, one of its primary imports is spiced wine. Those priests know how to enjoy themselves.)
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #34 on: 23 Apr 2010, 06:44 »

Did you know...

...that the Curse Alliance (CA) is the only alliance mentioned in the EVE Chronicles?

I do also remember a few other nice bits of more conventional "lore", but I'll want to check the sources first. (For example, did you know that Ishukone manufactures the most pods? And Hyasyoda's killer product is the capsuleer docking bay? Both need a source, though...)

This isn't... entirely true. Although I suppose they weren't mentioned in a Chronicle, but ORE was originally a capsuleer corporation, and now has two of the more popular mining barges that you can build made from them. In fact I know one of the co-founders personally, as he is part of the gaming group I used to play Counter-Strike with. . .

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #35 on: 23 Apr 2010, 11:22 »

Any chance you could track down something link-able to verify that, Lilith?  I'd LOVE to put something about that in the DYK blurbs, maybe even old RP media/propaganda or something too, wherever it fits.  I'd never heard of that, but it sounds awesome :o

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Saxon Hawke

• Omelette
    • Free Intaki
« Reply #36 on: 23 Apr 2010, 15:57 »

Did you know that the Intaki Liberation Front's "rampant griffin" corp logo was adopted after the pro-Federation corp The Durandal Organization created a logo using motifs similar to the ILF's original logo?

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #37 on: 23 Apr 2010, 16:03 »

that the Sebestior has embraced the pet-name Sinister Ones, given to them by the Amarr?

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Sebiestor

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #38 on: 23 Apr 2010, 16:33 »

Srsly? RAWK

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #39 on: 23 Apr 2010, 19:27 »

Did you know...

This isn't... entirely true. Although I suppose they weren't mentioned in a Chronicle, but ORE was originally a capsuleer corporation, and now has two of the more popular mining barges that you can build made from them. In fact I know one of the co-founders personally, as he is part of the gaming group I used to play Counter-Strike with. . .

I've not edited the snippet for now, as it says 'alliance' and ORE is a corporation?
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #40 on: 23 Apr 2010, 19:28 »

Havo didn't add my shameless plugs /o\

my poast got sniped.

Added now, I think the first one got ate when the first thread went buggy.
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #41 on: 23 Apr 2010, 19:54 »

eek!  Sorry if I missed yours before, Soter; there was a bug with stickies and I failed at identifying it soon enough to fix it   :oops:

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #42 on: 24 Apr 2010, 01:34 »

...That Zegerth Kelja is the eccentric Sansha Underseer of True Slave Foundations?

Shameless self-plugin, but enough people back in the day seemed to like her a lot as a character. Let me know if things like this aren't allowed.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #43 on: 24 Apr 2010, 10:08 »

That the cocktail "Wild Rose" is created by Vincent Pryce and it is named after Ciarente Roth. Source: Evelopedia entry of the Skyhook

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #44 on: 26 Apr 2010, 14:58 »

A few more:

...Fedos are spongy creatures about the size of a cat that smell horrible and are sometimes used for waste disposal on ships? More here!

...Mind Clash is a hugely popular sport throughout the cluster, and is centered on the willpower of two opponents? Read more here!

...Dam-Torsad is the Amarr Imperial City and capital? Read the chron!

...the Guristas pirate organization was started by two deserter from the Caldari navy? Fatal and the Rabbit?

...Egonics inc. makes a headset called and Egone that broadcasts music directly into a wearer's brain?

...all male members of the Ardishapur family traditionally have their right hand amputated? See why you don't make the Emperor's mother angry.

...the 'Heaven' constellation in Curse is the former location of the Third Jove Empire and the current headquarters of the vast Angel Cartel?

...the Khanid Kingdom was founded by the Khanid family royal heir after he refused to commit ritual suicide?

...the system Old Man Star is named for the lone crew member who survived a sub-light trip there to set up a stargate?

...Rogue Drones are drones that operate outside of human control, pursuing some mysterious goal of their own?

..the 'Crystal Boulevard' of Caille is both a high end shopping center and a vast shield of manufactured diamond for bunkers underneath?

...the last time someone attacked the Jovians, it was the Amarr, at Vak'atioth, and the Amarr fleet was crushed?

...Kaalakiota, or KK, is the largest of the Caldari megacorporations, and is run by Tibus Heth.

...the Sukuuvestaa megacorporation owns as much as 1/3 of all real estate in the Caldari State, and is considered one of the State's most ruthless corporations?

...the Nugoeihuvi megacorporation is the only one of the 'big eight' with a large focus ont eh entertainment industry, and it is widely suspected of underworld ties?

...the Ishukone corporation is one of the major players in teh 'liberal' faction and was the first non-Jovian organization to receive capsule technology from the Jovians?

...the Wiyrkomi megacorporation is known for the trustworthiness and stubborn patriotism of the founding Seituoda family, who are still thought to own the controlling interest in the company?

...the Hyasyoda megacorporation is part of the 'liberal' faction, but is internally extremely conservative in business and its internal culture, with a great deal of pressure for employees to 'fit in'? It is still largely owned by the founding Osmon family.

...the CBD megacorporation is a major importer/exporter in the State?

...the Lai Dai megacorporation has far ranging interests, is one of the foremost research companies in the cluster, and has strong links to the Khanid Kingdom?

...the founder of Zainou Biotech, Todo Kirkinen, was the first person to have his mind transfered into a machine? Ishukone owns a majority stake of Zainou.

...in YC110 Mixed Metaphor corporation declared war to stop distribution of the NHB Ultra Happy Chip™? It didn't work out.

All I got to, for now. I can enter them all in, if ya want, Cia. Putting them here for tracking purposes, though, at least.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9