Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Boosters are banned because they cause a deadly, incurable brain disease?  Read more here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: "Did You Know..." Public Submission Thread  (Read 42798 times)

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
Re: "Did You Know..." Public Submission Thread
« Reply #15 on: 21 Apr 2010, 06:17 »

...that there are minmatar who willingly serve the Amarr empire? More here: http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Ammatar

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #16 on: 21 Apr 2010, 14:36 »

Added first two; I don't know the sources of the second two myself but they sound like they'd be interesting reading so I'll wait a bit and see if you can find 'em (or anyone else!) :)

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/bertcom1/20090218200101.jpg

Captain Tori Aanai

Thanks to Louella pointing me towards it again, and Kathryn for having posted about it. I believe that suits the third quote I posted, I'm still working on the fourth.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #17 on: 21 Apr 2010, 17:42 »

Did you know... Aldrith Shutaq was once court poet and author in the service of the Etranhi Holders on Mishi IV? Read more http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Aldrith_Shutaq_(Character)

WHO DID THAT?!

I demand to know who made me teh famouszorz!!!

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #18 on: 21 Apr 2010, 18:00 »

...that maroon is the color of death for the Sani Sabik? (p. 45)

...that many medical services are provided by AIs rather than human doctors? (p. 46)

...that the Blood Raider elites do not generally mix with the rest of the Sani Sabik? (p. 50)

...that lighting in planning a space colony comes in second only to spaces and ceilings? (p. 53)

...that Blood Raider recruits are trained in close-quarters combat before tactics and starship combat? (p. 54)

..that all Blood Raider commanders receive substantial theological training as well? (p. 56)

...that Blood Raiders as a faction are motivated principally by the desire to draw closer to the Red God? (p. 56)

...that crews from destroyed capsuleer ships make up a substantial part of Blood Raider harvests? (p. 59)

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #19 on: 21 Apr 2010, 21:40 »

Did you know... Aldrith Shutaq was once court poet and author in the service of the Etranhi Holders on Mishi IV? Read more http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Aldrith_Shutaq_(Character)

WHO DID THAT?!

I demand to know who made me teh famouszorz!!!

I trawled the eve-wiki for character bios that

a) belonged to characters I knew were still active
b) had an easily extractable snippet that didn't require rewriting

I kinda assumed that if something was on the eve-wiki people wouldn't have a problem with it having wider currency.

If you (or anyone else) wants a snippet taken down, just PM me or another mod and it will happen.
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Vlad Cetes

• Rick Rollermeister
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #20 on: 21 Apr 2010, 22:50 »

Did you know: both Black Ops and Titans can create artificial wormholes?

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #21 on: 22 Apr 2010, 00:49 »

As a note, the "many doctors are really AIs" thing is also referenced in the AIMEDs ingame item description.

See: http://eve-online.itemdrop.net/eve_db/items/commodity/miscellaneous/aimeds/

Grr

• Wetgraver
« Reply #22 on: 22 Apr 2010, 01:26 »

Shameless plug did you knows... (since many others have them)

Did you know... Epitoth Guard is home to some of the founders of Amarr loyalist RP as we know it today (Takumi Vetinari founder of PIE and Tharrn founder of 1PG)

Did you know... Epitoth Guard is the only corporation in CVA that flies only Amarr hulls and accepts only Amarrian pilots.

Did you know... Evanda Char once stole a priceless artifact from Admirals Tharrns office and made it into ear rings precipitating a year long war.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #23 on: 22 Apr 2010, 01:38 »

Shameless plug did you knows... (since many others have them)

Did you know... Epitoth Guard is home to some of the founders of Amarr loyalist RP as we know it today (Takumi Vetinari founder of PIE and Tharrn founder of 1PG)

Did you know... Epitoth Guard is the only corporation in CVA that flies only Amarr hulls and accepts only Amarrian pilots.

Did you know... Evanda Char once stole a priceless artifact from Admirals Tharrns office and made it into ear rings precipitating a year long war.
Did you know: both Black Ops and Titans can create artificial wormholes?
...that maroon is the color of death for the Sani Sabik? (p. 45)

...that many medical services are provided by AIs rather than human doctors? (p. 46)

...that the Blood Raider elites do not generally mix with the rest of the Sani Sabik? (p. 50)

...that lighting in planning a space colony comes in second only to spaces and ceilings? (p. 53)

...that Blood Raider recruits are trained in close-quarters combat before tactics and starship combat? (p. 54)

..that all Blood Raider commanders receive substantial theological training as well? (p. 56)

...that Blood Raiders as a faction are motivated principally by the desire to draw closer to the Red God? (p. 56)

...that crews from destroyed capsuleer ships make up a substantial part of Blood Raider harvests? (p. 59)
Added!
« Last Edit: 22 Apr 2010, 01:58 by Havohej »

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #24 on: 22 Apr 2010, 02:15 »

Hehe, not at all Cia, I'm actually quite flattered! Not that I'm special or anything...

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #25 on: 22 Apr 2010, 02:48 »

Fine, if shameless plugging is allowed let me post a few more :P

Did you know...

that PIE has been at war with enemies of the empire ever since its foundation?

that the corp with the most holders of the Kourmonen Campaign medal, handed out by Yonis Ardishapur himself, today reside in PIE?

that PIE capsuleers do not only supply their comrades with spiced wine, but also with dark, maltey ale and fine brandy from their planetside holdings?

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #26 on: 22 Apr 2010, 04:21 »

...that Scagga once had a bodyguard by the name of 'cuddles'?

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #27 on: 22 Apr 2010, 04:22 »

Added. I hope that inspires more people to do some shameless plugging!
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #28 on: 22 Apr 2010, 08:32 »

Havo didn't add my shameless plugs /o\

my poast got sniped.

. . . that there was a total information blockade during the Caldari occupation of Placid, only lifted when the Caldari Navy in the area was destroyed or driven out?

. . . that the Intaki Assembly responded directly to Julianus Soter's and other's request for information regarding Ishukone and Mordus Legion around Intaki Prime? http://www.eve-search.com/thread/1279643/page/1#19

That last one is curious. I distinctly remember that there was no news item up when I made the post. Which is why I made it. CCP timestamped the news item to make it appear closely linked to the liberation of the system. . . I'll maintain my in-game RP position about that, because I was one of the people that liberated the system, but it's just confuzzling.

. . . that Moira. Corporation is a non-governmental military organization determined to destroy Tibus Heth?

. . . that there was a Constitutional Convention sponsored by prominent Federal capsuleers, held in the Villore system? See more here http://bio.ceres.doesntexist.org/First%20Villore%20Constitutional%20Convention

. . . that Julianus Soter founded Synenose Accord, a corporation dedicated to unraveling the mysteries of w-space and the Sleeper AI?

. . . that following several months of dedicated research, the Synenose Accord held a public and widely attended conference in the shattered Seyllin system, site of the tragic Seyllin Main-Sequence event? See more here http://bio.ceres.doesntexist.org/First_Seyllin_Conference

. . . that Julianus Soter first stated his intention to liberate Federation space on December 4th, Year 111? See the announcement here: http://www.eve-search.com/thread/1225893/page/1#1

. . . that the Federal Defence Union has liberated all but six systems from Caldari occupation, precipitating a power struggle within the State?

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #29 on: 22 Apr 2010, 08:55 »

...that naturalist cafes on space stations go to great lengths to create the illusion that one is not in space? (p. 62)

...that the higher levels of space stations are restricted to the elite, with capsuleers occupying the very top decks? (p. 73)

...that small robots called "cleaner bugs" are used to keep space station areas free of refuse? (p. 74)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9