Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Kaalakiota, or KK, is the largest of the Caldari megacorporations, and was run by Tibus Heth.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: "Did You Know..." Public Submission Thread  (Read 42796 times)

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
Re: "Did You Know..." Public Submission Thread
« Reply #45 on: 26 Apr 2010, 15:22 »

...That the Khanid and Sansha ships were originally half lasers half missiles split ships?

...That the Sansha ships originally armored tanked?

...That Band of Brothers killed the first titan in EVE?

...That Titan Doomsday Devices were originally massive, field clearing nukes instead of doomsday rays?

...When level 4s first came out, they used the Belt NPCs and not the lesser Complex NPCs?

...One of the first ways to crack safe spots was to warp past the person and hope your bookmark landed you next to them?

...You could create 5,000+ AU Deepsafe spots from the galaxy map before it was removed?

...That Black Nova Corporation (BNC) and others still retain some offices in the Jovian Empire when it was opened during EVE's starter years?

...When EVE first launched, the highest and most dangerous NPC imaginable was a 50k Cruiser?

...That the Rogue Jovian General incident years ago sparked Tech 2? (If memory serves people were given Miner 2 BPOs during this event)

...The original starship classes in EVE were frigates, cruisers, industrials and the elusive Battleships?

...The Serpentis stole one of the six Soltueur-class Titans from the Gallente Federation?
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #46 on: 26 Apr 2010, 18:42 »

...the command division of the Angel Cartel is called the Dominations.

...the Sarum family is known for being the most belligerent royal family?

...the Sleepers are an ancient culture that disappeared?

...the Defiants were a splinter group of the Minmatar fleet that waged guerrilla war against the Amarr?

Stitcher

• Beats up helpless walls.
  • Egger
    • Stitcher's twitter
« Reply #47 on: 27 Apr 2010, 04:46 »

...that Frentix is a principle drug booster of Sansha's Nation? (I might need to do some more research on this. There's a Sansha commander who is notorious for running huge Frentix operations)

...that Frentix is a very powerful painkiller?

...that the Amarrian "godflesh" taboo forbids against cloning?

...that in Norse mythology, the "Naglfar" was a ship built from the toenail and fingernail clippings of the dead?

...that Hak'len (AKA Kresh liquor) is toxic to non-Caldari?

...that the Lonetrek dialect of the Caldari language is sometimes called the "throat infection" dialect?

...that Slavers hunt by jumping high in the air and coming down on their prey from above?

...that feldspar, scorodite, pyroxene, plagioclase, umber, Kernite, Jasper, Hedenbergite, crocoite and spodumene are all real minerals?

...that "because of Falcon" is passé?

...that it's a Templar, an Amarr fighter used by carriers?

...that CCP financed the initial development of EVE Online by publishing a board game called Hættuspil ("Danger Game")?

...that the expansion name "Incarna" was Stitcher's winning entry in an E-ON magazine competition?

...that it is illegal to import walnuts on to the planet Amarr Prime?
« Last Edit: 28 Apr 2010, 10:17 by Stitcher »

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #48 on: 27 Apr 2010, 10:19 »

Did you know...

...that the Curse Alliance (CA) is the only alliance mentioned in the EVE Chronicles?

I do also remember a few other nice bits of more conventional "lore", but I'll want to check the sources first. (For example, did you know that Ishukone manufactures the most pods? And Hyasyoda's killer product is the capsuleer docking bay? Both need a source, though...)

This isn't... entirely true. Although I suppose they weren't mentioned in a Chronicle, but ORE was originally a capsuleer corporation, and now has two of the more popular mining barges that you can build made from them. In fact I know one of the co-founders personally, as he is part of the gaming group I used to play Counter-Strike with. . .

I've not edited the snippet for now, as it says 'alliance' and ORE is a corporation?

Do a search for the character XaRiUs. He's the guy I know, and he created the O.R.E. Syndicate as a corporation. It was actually begun in Beta, and is no longer active but still exists (I think he was the last member).

The ticker of the capsuleer corporation was ORES, not ORE, everything else though was the same. They were pretty big in Beta and were the primary miner corporation and had a lot of input into mining and whatnot with the Devs and so the ORE barges were created in their honor.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #49 on: 27 Apr 2010, 22:05 »

Stitch, if you have links for any of those, feel free to add them in too.

As part of its political goal to make the State stronger economically, Lai Dai is the primary supporter of the School of Applied Knowledge. Check out more (and the expanded corp wiki template) here!

Thanks to Dex Nederland for that one.
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2010, 22:09 by Silver Night »

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #50 on: 27 Apr 2010, 22:08 »

...that "because of Falcon" is passe?

BECAUSE AFK CLOAKER!

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #51 on: 09 May 2010, 18:15 »

Mostly added, although I suspect Ghost is trolling me  :P
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Sofia Roseburn

• Does this look like the face of mercy?
  • Egger
« Reply #52 on: 10 May 2010, 13:53 »

...that "because of Falcon" is passe?

BECAUSE AFK CLOAKER!

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #53 on: 10 May 2010, 14:07 »

...that Frentix is a principle drug booster of Sansha's Nation? (I might need to do some more research on this. There's a Sansha commander who is notorious for running huge Frentix operations)

...that Frentix is a very powerful painkiller?

... that Frentix exists in a diluted version called Frenetix?

Sorry, I just wanted to add to the pyramid. :P
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #54 on: 21 May 2010, 08:52 »

It turns out that the Starkmanir-Vherokior link has been retconned away. CCP Ginger alerted me to that, and sure enough, if you look at the Vherokior bloodline description, that's removed.

Not that I'm a huge fan of retconning, but there you go.

Vlad Cetes

• Rick Rollermeister
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #55 on: 21 May 2010, 11:10 »

Did you know......

The only non-supercap that can survive a doomsday is a HG slave set Archon?

The Leviathan has the highest damage output of any ship in EVE? (14,000 DPS using Guristas Citadel torpedoes and 3 Estamel's Ballistic Control units)

Supercarriers used to be called Motherships and had clone vat bays and no fighter-bombers?

m0o corp is the only player corporation in a mission description?

There have been 4 unique ships given out from alliance tournaments? (the State Issue Raven, Tribal Issue Tempest, Freki and Mimrir)

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #56 on: 22 May 2010, 03:19 »

...that Scagga once lost 800,000,000 isk in one night due to his gambling problem?

Tomahawk Bliss

• Cut Yo' Face
  • Clonejack
« Reply #57 on: 22 May 2010, 10:29 »

…that Daedalus X pulled off a Capital ship heist in a level two wormhole. read more here

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #58 on: 23 May 2010, 16:25 »

...that the Minmatar military specifically recruits hardened criminals for service in its elite Valklear units, and that many of the Republic's most senior officers were originally recruited in this way?

Vlad Cetes

• Rick Rollermeister
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #59 on: 24 May 2010, 17:34 »

My last: Did you Know? should be eidted

there are 6 unique ships from the Alliance tournaments (add Utu & Adstreia to the list)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9