Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ship crews either spend most of their journey in their escape pods, and are awoken with adrenaline only as needed?(Source: The Burning Life novel by CCP Abraxas.) or live aboard ship much like ship's crews today? (Source)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Loyalist round table  (Read 7444 times)

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
Loyalist round table
« on: 18 Apr 2010, 15:02 »

Just to throw it out there since this forum seems to a.) house quite a diverse mix of loyalist corp members already and b.) much more loyalist friendly and flame free than theonewhosenamewedarenotspeakoutaloud.

Who would be interrested into opening a round table, maybe even make it into a monthly/bimonthly thing, where amarrian loyalists can discuss loyalistic matters?

I'd like to offer the paradise.found club for this because it's safer and more private than basilica ... and it has better service :P

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
Re: Loyalist round table
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2010, 15:17 »

Is this IC or OOC? 'Cause the trouble is, a character like Ashar wouldn't be terribly welcome without some clearing of slates - or a character like Ashar's player, or a lot of people that used to associate with Revan in the most minor way possible, because of Amarrian crazy.

Perhaps they can just throw open the doors in light of Jamyl Sarum turning into a wtfliberal, tho?

Laerise [PIE]

• Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2010, 15:20 »

Well, to be quite honest, I don't think I have seen anything of Ashar in.. more than a year now. Are you still subscribed/playing? ;)

Also, if we don't turn it into a complete liberal muddhole you can always make a mirror image for the "dark side" of the bloc, right? Which would be rather amusing, at least imo

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2010, 15:23 »

Yus, see, there IS no more loyalist bloc. And I've been back ingame for the last month and more.

There's some dudes involved in PF and there's some scattered corps and that's all she wrote.

I don't think you'll get much real traction rebuilding anything with the old paradigm. What is needed is a broad church approach, to bring in anything that calls itself Amarrian by way of common ground in reference to faith and not politics; there is no longer a difficulty when it comes to politics because we have a body on the Golden Throne.

Laerise [PIE]

• Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #4 on: 18 Apr 2010, 15:26 »

Oh, definetly.

The biggest problem is the ammount of bad blood between various corps and how to get rid of that, if even temporarily, which is why I have posted about it here rather than on the igs.

Laerise [PIE]

• Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #5 on: 18 Apr 2010, 15:39 »

1PG(VV, VFOR whatever their current name is really), Knighthood of the Merciful Crown,  Order of the Blessed Sisters of Amarr, Imperial Dreams, Deus Imperiosus Acies, PIE Inc. , Angel Wing. and whomever else I forgot.

It'd also be a good oportunity for everyone who is interrested to get to know the old/big players.

Laerise [PIE]

• Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #6 on: 18 Apr 2010, 15:39 »

Oh, hey, and before I forget them, I'd even consider inviting DELEO.

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 19 Apr 2010, 03:43 »

[mod]Topic split to allow continuing discussion of the round table invitation while the Amarr Bloc debate is locked for a cool-down period. [/mod]
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Laerise [PIE]

• Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #8 on: 19 Apr 2010, 03:51 »

Since lall's post seems to have been lost for now.

Yes, having an ooc round table first is a great idea.
It'll help cool peoples heads off beforehand - and I think some of us will have a lot of catching up to do with each other :) looking forward to hear your version of the last years lall!

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #9 on: 19 Apr 2010, 04:01 »

[mod]Relevant part of Lall's post moved here, post remains in split thread as most of it, in my opinion, belongs to that thread of discussion.
I believe that there are possibilities for getting a roundtable together with Amarrian roleplayers first in an OOC setting, then in an IC setting (OOC first so that you could lay down ground rules so that nobody would get their panties in a bunch, for example the more hardcore Amarrians would not even interact with someone who is in a lesbian marriage or has non-Amarrian corp mates.) Just so that they know each other, and they can send those that are interested in certain aspects of the Amarrian RP towards those that are in organizations that reflect those.
[/mod]
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #10 on: 19 Apr 2010, 05:53 »

I'm all for out of character stuff, but I really have no idea why it wouldn't be better to begin on a forum. Like this forum, for instance.

And I really have no idea why it should be closed off.

Nothing big enough to be raised at such a coming-together's kick-off meetings would require privacy or the speed of chat, and doing it well in the open would be good for recruitment.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 19 Apr 2010, 08:54 »

OGLOB certainly isn't a loyalist corp, but I'd be interested in being involved as a player.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #12 on: 19 Apr 2010, 09:00 »

I'd be glad to have you, Esna.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #13 on: 19 Apr 2010, 13:15 »

Reading through the thread again, it's still a little unclear to me whether this is meant to be IC or OOC.

Since lall's post seems to have been lost for now.

Yes, having an ooc round table first is a great idea.
It'll help cool peoples heads off beforehand - and I think some of us will have a lot of catching up to do with each other :) looking forward to hear your version of the last years lall!

and

I'm all for out of character stuff, but I really have no idea why it wouldn't be better to begin on a forum. Like this forum, for instance.

And I really have no idea why it should be closed off.

Nothing big enough to be raised at such a coming-together's kick-off meetings would require privacy or the speed of chat, and doing it well in the open would be good for recruitment.

suggest OOC. Personally, I think an IC thinkg would be pretty nice, but then by my own admission I'm not a real "heavy" RPer and as such have avoided much the drama and unfortunate bad blood that's hit some of the heavier RP community and would make such an IC thing rather difficult.

Note that I'm not bashing the idea of an OOC round table - it seems pretty nice. I'm just saying that I think the idea of an IC round table would be nice as well.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #14 on: 19 Apr 2010, 14:29 »

If such a thing were to occur, it'd start with an OOC one, yeah.

And it'd be Amarrian generally if I had anything to say about it, because 'loyalist' is starting to equate to 'FW corp or affiliate.'
Pages: [1] 2 3