Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ghost Festival is an Angel Cartel loyalist corporation? Read more here

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Loyalist round table  (Read 7441 times)

Rodj Blake

• Egger
  • Amarr Victor Meldrew
Re: Loyalist round table
« Reply #30 on: 10 May 2010, 08:06 »

I think the hard-liners exist, but are few in number. It can be hard to back someone as a living miracle sent from God, and the launcher of the glorious reclaiming at last, and then to plot against her soon after.
Besides, Jamyl is a strong monarch. I get the feeling that if she does have powerful enemies, they had best not let it be known.

And for as long as the Privy Council, the Theology Council and the Speakers of Truth all support her, it would be very hard to speak out against her and not appear to be disloyal to the Empire.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Re: Loyalist round table
« Reply #31 on: 10 May 2010, 09:05 »

Would be nice if there were some way to erode her support with those organizations, even a tiny bit.

Also, wouldn't pod pilots - as outside but in some cases decorated members of the Amarr hierarchy- be one of the few groups that are capable of being critical of the sitting emperor or empress. I would think that just as a matter of foreign policy if nothing else, in most situations the organizations that you mention have no choice but to show a united, supportive front.

Not to say that any criticism of the Empress wouldn't have to be tactfully phrased or risk even a podder being severely ostracized, but I think podders can exercise at least a bit more freedom in that regard than members of the organs of the Empire.
Pages: 1 2 [3]