Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That CCP financed the initial development of EVE Online by publishing a board game called Hættuspil ("Danger Game")?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: [Devblog] The Nation Strikes Back  (Read 11682 times)

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
Re: [Devblog] The Nation Strikes Back
« Reply #15 on: 10 Nov 2010, 13:16 »

These look very cool indeed but the question remains...

Why didn't they bother doing this for FW instead of adding in a completely new feature that's not connected to anything, nor was mentioned at all in the long term plans of EVE?

EVE: It may not make sense
Fixed.

Random Lost Soul

« Reply #16 on: 10 Nov 2010, 13:36 »

Why didn't they bother doing this for FW instead of adding in a completely new feature that's not connected to anything, nor was mentioned at all in the long term plans of EVE?
Because polished features don't attract as many new players as new features?

Also, I'm betting they're putting off finishing up FW until DUST 514 comes out (if it ever does).

Hey, I love CCP, but I'm a realist.

Mister Screwball

• Wetgraver
    • http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/7203/eatingevidencez.gif
« Reply #17 on: 10 Nov 2010, 13:45 »

Hmm nothing specifically for Sansha loyalists there? Hopefully later if not now.
Sadly CCP already said they have no intention of doing stuff for supporting Sansha  :cry:

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #18 on: 10 Nov 2010, 14:40 »

Hmm nothing specifically for Sansha loyalists there? Hopefully later if not now.
Sadly CCP already said they have no intention of doing stuff for supporting Sansha  :cry:

Can we ask white wolf for help?

IzzyChan

• Omelette
  • 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat
    • IzzyBlog
« Reply #19 on: 10 Nov 2010, 14:52 »

Argh.  I want a sansha carrier but I'm not going to go blowing up my dudes for it.  They really said that sansha supporters are out of luck for this stuff?

I am sad.  I am oh so sad. :(

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #20 on: 10 Nov 2010, 14:54 »

Argh.  I want a sansha carrier but I'm not going to go blowing up my dudes for it.  They really said that sansha supporters are out of luck for this stuff?

You could just camp the sansha killers and liberate the bpc from them so it doesnt fall in enemy hands.

Random Lost Soul

« Reply #21 on: 10 Nov 2010, 14:56 »

They are giving you a target rich environment...

Also, side note: any word on Sansha fighters and bombers?

IzzyChan

• Omelette
  • 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat
    • IzzyBlog
« Reply #22 on: 10 Nov 2010, 15:25 »

You could just camp the sansha killers and liberate the bpc from them so it doesnt fall in enemy hands.

I'd need to acquire some minions for Naqam first.  I'm terrible at pvp solo. /o\

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #23 on: 10 Nov 2010, 15:31 »

These look very cool indeed but the question remains...

because CCP doesn't love you.

I'm going to bring up two points that have been bugging me.

1. I know that Sansha's nation has storyline things going on, which is the reason they are the faction doing the incursions. However, this unbalances the other pirate factions, and makes all the others look week by comparison, I would have much preferred if they used say, EoM, whom everyone hates anyway for this, or included incursions for all the pirate factions.
There is still the chance CCP will do this, but its looking rather unlikely at this point.

2. with the system automated, how will the storyline progress? It seems to me whenever CCP creates a mechanic they then drop the story attached to it like a bad habit. The sansha will just keep doing incursions...forever.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #24 on: 10 Nov 2010, 15:53 »

From the comments thread:

Sansha supercarrier: we need to apologize for the miscommunication about this ship class name, which created some confusion here. The ship players will be able to build from the blueprint copy is a faction version of a regular supercarrier, not a new ship class.

And it took them HOW long to tell us this?

I was really looking forward to a proper mothership...

:goes off to sulk and cry in a corner:

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #25 on: 10 Nov 2010, 16:11 »

They don't look seven days long by comparison, Nikita :P

Yes, CCP has gotten ham-fisted with the presentation of their ingame content. This is largely in response to its market; the stories are all written for the existing market and not what we seek to turn it into.

And yes, it does mean that there's more visibility for the Nation, but frankly, they need it. The other factions save the Angels are historically played up just fine with the history of events and AURORA storylines; the EoM and their counterparts (whom you may not even be able to name because you only know about the EoM by virtue of the freakish love the Amarr bloc kids lavished on their corner of the PF - I only dimly remember the Caldari and Matari ones myself) don't get touched because they're mission-writer content and not really pirate factions, and historically there's been some talk of the Devs having a shortlist of factions - the Ammatar included, for example - that are curiously largely untouched except in world-level events, which is suggestive of long-term planning on their part.

Wasn't there quite a bit of mention elsewhere of other factions getting in on the incursion action eventually?
« Last Edit: 10 Nov 2010, 20:26 by Ashar Kor-Azor »

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #26 on: 10 Nov 2010, 16:14 »

Addendum: Natalcya Katla would eat this concord loyalty business up something quick. Welcome to having the capacity to mechanically represent concord loyalty, boys and girls.

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #27 on: 10 Nov 2010, 16:59 »

They'll probably add it into FW when the incursions become popular and more players take part in them.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #28 on: 10 Nov 2010, 17:25 »

On second thought, FW may be redone with the release of Dust 514...Intaki V being invaded by Ishukone for some odd reason in the trailer, and the mention of NPCs being used too.

As for other pirate factions doing these incursions, there's little precedent for it. Guristas and Serpentis thrive on their enemies' economic activity, the Blood Raiders aren't really applicable for anyone but the Amarr, and the Angel Cartel seek to become a major power. Sansha's Nation has plenty of scope and fictional reasoning to want to see a full on war.

Major JSilva

« Reply #29 on: 10 Nov 2010, 17:49 »

Ok so this is good it not just gonna be complex's but there gonna be sansha npc rolling around in system.

Cyno Jamming cool but I wish there was a cyno jammer that you could destroy so you could bring in capitals, just no super-caps :). Also if capitals were allowed waves of sansha ships will spawn just to destroy the carrier or dread to help keep it in balance.

BPC drop in low-sec only, I dont liek it because if NC or IT was interested in it, which they would they just mobolize a alrge enough fleet to blob out everyone and hold the system. Luckly NC is fighting the bobushkas(what nc calls russians) so they may be to busy for abit.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6