Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Titan Doomsday Devices were originally massive, field clearing nukes instead of doomsday rays?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: [Devblog] The Nation Strikes Back  (Read 11683 times)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
[Devblog] The Nation Strikes Back
« on: 10 Nov 2010, 10:43 »

Discuss. (I put it here due to the heavy gameplay implications, but of course there's lots to think about in terms of RP too.)

Vieve

Re: [Devblog] The Nation Strikes Back
« Reply #1 on: 10 Nov 2010, 11:02 »

YAY:

Jamming of cyno fields in low sec Incursion systems.

HUH:
CONCORD loyalty points.  Are they going to enable CONCORD agents again, and open up that LP store?

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #2 on: 10 Nov 2010, 11:07 »

YAY:
Jamming of cyno fields in low sec Incursion systems.

Yesss!

Now I can finally engage the locals down the pipe without having to worry about have a Nyx or three dropped on me.  :D

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #3 on: 10 Nov 2010, 11:08 »

I like all parts of this.  Once they've gotten the bugs and exploits hammered out sometime around Incarna, I'll probably love all parts of it.

Especially nice is that these will drop down randomly on constellations, which keeps up some of the tenseness of waiting for reports of an attack and scrambling to react to it that has been going on since May.  Also very good to have a 'raid' activity to add to the menu of PvE gameplay options.  Nice addition also with the LP conversion function for the CONCORD LPs these will generate.

I want to see screens of the Sansha supercarrier.

Possible improvements would include making the influence mechanic similar to FW occupation.  Let the Sansha actually claim empire/new nullsec space if nobody makes the effort to stop them.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 10 Nov 2010, 11:09 »

Possible improvements would include making the influence mechanic similar to FW occupation.  Let the Sansha actually claim empire/new nullsec space if nobody makes the effort to stop them.

The influence mechanic is already an improvement over FW occupation, because it actually has a tangible effect on services, bounties, etc. In FW, the only effect is the setting of a flag.

Chell Charon

• Egger
  • IC: Main> Lord Crow Alts> Too many
« Reply #5 on: 10 Nov 2010, 11:11 »

Possible improvements would include making the influence mechanic similar to FW occupation.  Let the Sansha actually claim empire/new nullsec space if nobody makes the effort to stop them.

The influence mechanic is already an improvement over FW occupation, because it actually has a tangible effect on services, bounties, etc. In FW, the only effect is the setting of a flag.

Here's hoping FW gets a new system once it's been vetted.
1. Think what you are about to say.
2. Know why you are about to speak up.
-This is here for me, I need the reminder.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #6 on: 10 Nov 2010, 11:15 »

Yes, what I meant to say was that the ultimate outcome of letting Sansha accrue influence should be a sov change (with a possible counter-incursion mechanic motivated randomly by NPC empire forces to take back conquered space) in addition to the w-space-eqsue blanket effects (which can be a real pain in the ass sometimes).  All good stuff.

Here's hoping FW gets a new system once it's been vetted.
Here here!

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #7 on: 10 Nov 2010, 11:23 »

Hmm nothing specifically for Sansha loyalists there? Hopefully later if not now.

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #8 on: 10 Nov 2010, 11:32 »

Well I'm excited now.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #9 on: 10 Nov 2010, 12:12 »

These look very cool indeed but the question remains...

Why didn't they bother doing this for FW instead of adding in a completely new feature that's not connected to anything, nor was mentioned at all in the long term plans of EVE?

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #10 on: 10 Nov 2010, 12:20 »

i have a vague recollection of them saying something about how they didn't want FW to affect other activities going on in those areas too much - hence why things like station services wouldn't be affected by occupation, or something.
\o/

Random Lost Soul

« Reply #11 on: 10 Nov 2010, 12:39 »

Sansha Supercarrier?  In player hands?

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Also:

Speaking of the NPCs, while we adopted a "wolf pack" approach for the Sleepers in Apocrypha, we chose to create very specialized units for this feature, inspired from players setups. We also improved the Sleeper AI to match their new capabilities. As such you will face NPC equivalent of logistics, stealth bombers, remote spider-repairing battleships, interceptors, command ships, EW platforms, and more.

Meep.  :(

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #12 on: 10 Nov 2010, 13:01 »

Why didn't they bother doing this for FW instead of adding in a completely new feature that's not connected to anything, nor was mentioned at all in the long term plans of EVE?

EVE: It may not make sense at first

Arvo Katsuya

• Noble Appliance
  • Egger
« Reply #13 on: 10 Nov 2010, 13:03 »

Possible improvements would include making the influence mechanic similar to FW occupation.  Let the Sansha actually claim empire/new nullsec space if nobody makes the effort to stop them.

They should just hand Nation Maut by default. ;)

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #14 on: 10 Nov 2010, 13:07 »

+1000000
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6