Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Khanid Kingdom was founded by the Khanid family royal heir after he refused to commit ritual suicide?

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Syndicate  (Read 6705 times)

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Syndicate
« on: 17 Apr 2010, 21:28 »

This is probably the region/political sphere I find most intriguing (as some of my writing might show).

There is a chron about it here. Here is the not-broken wiki link. I'll add more links as they are found.

I think that while in all of Eve there is potential for an incredible diversity across different places, nowhere is it easier to envision than in Syndicate.

I'd like to know what other people think about the place.
« Last Edit: 15 Apr 2013, 19:01 by Silver Night »

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
Re: Syndicate
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2010, 02:49 »

Suuji Prath's been in there. Says they got good drugs. And Natalcya Katla's from that place, too, the spessnazi XD

On a more serious note, Syndicate's interesting to me because it's a region without colonized planets, which makes it excellent.

This is New Eden's largest spaceborne culture. Eat your heart out, transhumanists.

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2010, 14:17 »

And Natalcya Katla's from that place, too, the spessnazi XD

Katla's from Placid, not Syndicate. She was born in a safespot someplace within the Vivanier system and spent her childhood and youth in the boarding schools of various Federal Navy stations.

She has had several forays into Syndicate, though, first running guns to the Intaki Space Police, and later running the gauntlet to or from Solitude, or hunting Serps while dodging the local capsuleers.

Cosmo Cyrano is the only character I'm aware of who actually is from Syndicate.
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2010, 14:38 »

I've seen a couple here and there.  There was one ILF member whose character was a Syndicate native, and I think that EVE Observer guy Joaquin Diabel also has Syndicate in his bio.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #4 on: 18 Apr 2010, 14:41 »

After moving down to Syndicate I was really happy to find a couple Thukker Mix and Trust Partners stationed scattered around. There does seem to be a decent variety of stations here, though the most common ones by far are the Intaki and Aliastra stations.

Not much else to add yet beyond what the typical corps/alliances you see inhabiting the space are. It's quite varied due to Syndicate's reputation as a place to find fights.
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #5 on: 18 Apr 2010, 14:42 »

Well, Silphy enDiabel(sp?) is the 'Queen of Syndicate' right?

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #6 on: 18 Apr 2010, 14:50 »

I think Casiella started a Syndicate corporation a little while back, but I'm not sure that it went anywhere. The corporation name was Back Alley Trading Company as I remember it. PRETA were thinking of doing some work with them, although I believe it's closed now.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #7 on: 18 Apr 2010, 17:15 »

It is. :(

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #8 on: 18 Apr 2010, 22:45 »

Good effort anyway, Casiella. Maybe you'll try again next year ;)

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #9 on: 18 Apr 2010, 23:57 »

There are a number of inter-factional corporations with stations in syndicate space.

Quafe Corporation
Aliastra
Ishukone
Trust Partners
NOH
Expert Distribution
TransStellar Shipping

The "virgin planet" deal is entirely unenforceable, IMO. It's entirely likely that many third parties or organizations colonize the various Syndicate planets for the resources located there. They sell them to the Intaki, who then act as brokers with various high-end buyers in the Empires.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #10 on: 19 Apr 2010, 00:09 »

The "virgin planet" deal is entirely unenforceable, IMO. It's entirely likely that many third parties or organizations colonize the various Syndicate planets for the resources located there. They sell them to the Intaki, who then act as brokers with various high-end buyers in the Empires.

Oh, definitely, and good addition. But the question is, does Intaki society in Syndicate mostly reside in space, and is thus mostly a completely spacer culture?

I think that, despite the odd illegal colony and all the stolen minerals they launder from the planets they orbit, they do reside off-planet and thus are a spacer culture to da max.

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #11 on: 19 Apr 2010, 03:19 »

Oh, definitely, and good addition. But the question is, does Intaki society in Syndicate mostly reside in space, and is thus mostly a completely spacer culture?

I think that, despite the odd illegal colony and all the stolen minerals they launder from the planets they orbit, they do reside off-planet and thus are a spacer culture to da max.

Pretty much like the thukkers?

Maybe a more hardcore Intaki RP'er can enlighten me, does this lifestyle have a big impact on their culture. I could imagine that they're more open to new ideas than even the fed's, since they see new faces every day, and, well, a small colony can only support a population for so long ;)

Haitchi

• Clonejack
« Reply #12 on: 19 Apr 2010, 03:40 »

Syndicate, to me, is a cesspit full of opportunists and evil russians. I've had the unfortune of living in syndicate / OR for quite some time, and I've raised my security status from -10 to -1.9 about five six times by now so I have a love/hate relationship to the region. I keep the region close to my heart by far away from my jugular.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #13 on: 19 Apr 2010, 03:52 »

Syndicate, to me, is a cesspit full of opportunists and evil russians. I've had the unfortune of living in syndicate / OR for quite some time, and I've raised my security status from -10 to -1.9 about five six times by now so I have a love/hate relationship to the region. I keep the region close to my heart by far away from my jugular.

Yeah. I once had a group of about 10 bubble camp my (AFK) frigate into a station for about 8 hours. Some of the smack in local when I came back and played docking games here and there was priceless. It's amazing how desperate for kills some of them are.
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2010, 03:57 by Milo Caman »

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #14 on: 19 Apr 2010, 05:31 »

Thukkers are spaceborne by choice; it is perfectly likely they have major enclaves on planets in GW.
Pages: [1] 2 3