Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hared Loudier is a former Quafe employee who once claimed an entire stockpile of Quafe beverages vanished through a wormhole before his eyes.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Alcohol consumption for fun and profit: your favorites.  (Read 6351 times)

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
Re: Alcohol consumption for fun and profit: your favorites.
« Reply #45 on: 15 Oct 2010, 07:05 »

...I do love the stereotypes people have about being 'Russian.'
The ones that are absolutely and inarguably correct, you mean? Baltic/Slavic people process vodka better than westerners, while many Asians can't handle theirs at all, and will have something akin to an allergic reaction! Science does not lie!

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #46 on: 16 Oct 2010, 13:09 »

Your science isn't nearly tight enough to account for the enormous proportion of Balts, Slavs, and other 'drinky' ethnicities who come from a long tradition of being taught temperance (usually by motherfucking church people, Goddamn sons of bitches). Certain St. Petersburg sorts regularly make sport of such individuals by giving them liquor until they hit their rather lower threshold for tipsiness and seeing what happens.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #47 on: 20 Oct 2010, 23:58 »

Thread #2 (go figure)!

Hard liquor:  Single malt.  Glenfarclas, Macallan, Bruichladdich, Auchentoshan, etc.  I like the expensive stuff, but can't afford the expensive stuff.  I stick to the $40-$60 range unless someone else is buying.

Wine:  Red.  Preferably Malbec.  Grenache/syrah/mouvedre or similarly earthy blends.  Tempranillo is nice too.

Beer:  If I can't see through the glass, chances are I'm going to like it.  Not much of a pilsner guy, and Stella/Heineken/variants thereof are not happy on my tongue.  Grolsch is a rare exception. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]