Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your clones have your DNA, but not until you've been in them a while? For more information see the Cloning Scientific Article

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Alcohol consumption for fun and profit: your favorites.  (Read 6349 times)

Vikarion

It's about midnight, and I'm putting off going to bed (going to bed means going to work tomorrow) and I therefore thought I'd inquire as to the drinking habits of my fellow Eve players. Well, sort of "fellow", due to my absence from the game currently...anyway, I digress.

Title is all - what is your favorite drink, and why? (Please note that I do not encourage underage drinking, drinking while driving, public intoxication or whatnot.)

For me, my preferences are as follows:

Hard liquor:
Blended scotch whisky. I'm also partial to Irish whisky, but Johnnie Walker Black Label is my standard drink. Occasionally I will venture into Bourbon territory with a bit of Jack Daniels (technically Tennessee whiskey) but I still find most to be far too sweet for my palate.

Wine:
I'm not a big wine drinker. That said, I do live in a county with several wineries, and I'm very partial to reds, especially Zinfandels, which are a major product of California wineries.

Beer: 1554, a product of the New Belgium brewing company, is quite possibly my favorite beer. I rather despise lighter brews, so deeper and richer drinks such as this tend to get my vote. The semi-chocolate hints just add to the experience.

Mixed drinks
: I tend to avoid mixed drinks - they seem so...plebeian...to me. Nonetheless, I must profess a fondness for Bloody Marys, and, of course, for Kahlua and cream.

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
Re: Alcohol consumption for fun and profit: your favorites.
« Reply #1 on: 17 Sep 2010, 03:13 »

Champagne. French.

Martinis, dirty and dry.

Beer, but I regard that as a foodstuff.

Mojitos in the summer.
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #2 on: 17 Sep 2010, 05:09 »

I'm much too innocent for alcohol. I swears.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #3 on: 17 Sep 2010, 07:29 »

Hard liquor: Irish Whiskey. That is all

Wine: I love wines, especially Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon in the Reds and Semillion in the White.

Beer: Lagers and Pale Ales mostly. Coopers is my usual beer.

Mixed drinks: Gin and tonic/bitter lemon. White Russian (or Caucasian, if you prefer).

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #4 on: 17 Sep 2010, 07:55 »

Beer: if it's an ale, I'll try it, though I prefer brown ales over pale (too much hops sometimes). Currently, I've been sampling the wares of Saint Arnold, a microbrewery here in Texas, but I'm also partial to Newcastle when I just want something that works well with dinner at home.

I rarely drink much else, other than maybe a margarita (no salt, NO SALT!)

Saxon Hawke

• Omelette
    • Free Intaki
« Reply #5 on: 17 Sep 2010, 08:30 »

Hard Liquor: It used to be Smirnoff Vodka or Southern Comfort. However, after my ulcer I lost my taste for the hard stuff. (Actually it was vomiting blood the second time, but that's what sent me to doctor's office and identified the ulcer.)

Wine: I am not a man of discerning taste, so I've never been able to get over the fact that wine tastes like spoiled grape juice.

Mixed drinks: I used to drink screwdrivers and jello shots, but they went out the same time as Vodka shooters.

Beer: Now, beer is a different story all together. I like beer. I don't drink as much as I used to, as I have a greater desire to not end my life prematurely since my kids were born. (My record was 25 beers consumed over a 12 hour period to celebrate my 24th birthday.) My favorite beer of all time is Pilsner Urquell, which I had for the first time while traveling in the Czech Republic. This is the first-ever Pilsner, made in the town of Pilsen. The bottled Urquell here in the U.S. isn't as good as what you get on-tap in Prague, but it's still better than any domestic pilsner. If I can't find Urquell (and in a lot of places you can't) I go for XX or Grolsch. When attending sporting events (where imported beer means they brought it in from Milwaukee) I opt for a Budweiser and console myself with the fact that I've got cold Urquell waiting at home.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #6 on: 17 Sep 2010, 08:41 »

Budweiser?

Budweiser?

Pistols at dawn, sir.

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #7 on: 17 Sep 2010, 12:51 »

I don't drink, just not interested.

Not to derail the thread or anything.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #8 on: 17 Sep 2010, 13:35 »

Hard liquor: Absinthe in it's many forms, currently enjoying Rodnik's Classic.

Wine: eh... if it has alochol, it'll do. What? I'm Finnish.

Beer: Klosterbräu from a small brewery near Olten, not sure what the exact name is off hand but it's a small brand in Switzerland, never had a better beer than that.

Mixed drinks: Gin Longdrink

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #9 on: 17 Sep 2010, 13:45 »

I am often in solidarity with black comedians, mostly because I relate to their jokes about white folk.

As such, like Katt Williams has said, I'll drink bloody anything if it's available.

Marcus Gord

• Mathfail Silverback
  • Egger
  • Soldier of Fortune
« Reply #10 on: 17 Sep 2010, 14:37 »

I can't drink anything but Southern Comfort without throwing up, and I prefer it in Pepsi. It's nice and smooth, which is how I like it. It's not a kick in the teeth. It can sneak up on you though, it's so smooth you don't think you're getting drunk....then you try to do something like lift your next drink, and find you've lost the strength....
Stormcrows.

Will pay for good sig. Enquire within.

You can't take the sky from me

Saxon Hawke

• Omelette
    • Free Intaki
« Reply #11 on: 17 Sep 2010, 14:40 »

Budweiser?

Budweiser?

Pistols at dawn, sir.

I thought that I made it clear that Budweiser was one of those "When in Rome" kind of situations. Maybe I should clarify the point that I live in Missouri. The professional baseball stadium in St. Louis is Busch Stadium. As in Anheuser-Busch.

I wasn't kidding about the "imported" beer thing. I was at a bar and asked "What imported beer do you have?" Without missing a beat, the bartender said, "You mean, like, a Miller?" Granted, it was a hole in the wall place, but most of the time I'm lucky if the import list includes Corona and Heineken.

Also, traditionally, the person receiving the challenge to duel picks the weapons and engagement time. So let's make it sporks and just before lunch.

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #12 on: 17 Sep 2010, 14:58 »

Hard liquor: Vodka.

Wine: Grape vodka.

Beer: None.

Mixed drinks: Double vodka, neat, with vodka.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #13 on: 17 Sep 2010, 17:06 »

Hard Liquor:  Meade, Hard Cider, Whiskey on occasion

Wine: something sweet and weak that I can drink a lot of

Beef: bleh

Mixed Drinks: Astronaut (tang+vodka) nectar of the ogre gods (sour apple pucker+mountain dew+vodka)
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #14 on: 17 Sep 2010, 19:39 »

I don't drink hard liquor because I am an alcoholic.

I don't drink wine because I was born and raised in the Napa Valley.

I do however kill at least 24 cans of Miller High Life  :ugh: daily, no exceptions.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4