Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

In YC110 Mixed Metaphor corporation declared war to stop distribution of the NHB Ultra Happy Chip™? It didn't work out.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Alcohol consumption for fun and profit: your favorites.  (Read 6348 times)

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
Re: Alcohol consumption for fun and profit: your favorites.
« Reply #30 on: 19 Sep 2010, 23:26 »

I used to drink dark rum - Bundaberg Rum.

But I found it too hard to get when I moved to the UK, so I stopped drinking it. By the time I moved back, I'd lost my taste for it. Too sweet.
« Last Edit: 23 Sep 2010, 16:58 by Mammal Tafren »

Rodj Blake

• Egger
  • Amarr Victor Meldrew
« Reply #31 on: 23 Sep 2010, 05:51 »

Spirits: a good single malt, something like a Lagavulin.

Beer: anything from the Badger brewery is good, Golden Glory is a particular favourite of mine.  If I'm feeling stingy, then Boddingtons or Greene King IPA.

Wine: not a big wine fan, but I do enjoy a good pinot grigio

Non-alcoholic: tea

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #32 on: 23 Sep 2010, 21:44 »

Beer: Usually I will drink any beer, as long as its cold (and yes, it must be cold - even in the depths of a New York winter... ask Hitome) although I am partial to a local beer "James Boag's Premium Lager" and the odd Melbourne Bitter with my dad.
I haven't been drinking that much of it since my last real bender, after 3/4 of a case and a good couple hours making intimate friends with a bucket its taken a bit to ease back into it :P

Wine: Meh, never got a real taste for wine but the odd glass of white is quite nice.

Hard Liquor: I have never really taken to the hard stuff, when I have had it, it kicked my teeth in so I haven't had a change to experiment to any degree.

Mixed Drinks: The bane of all life, they should be exterminated - I do however like a nice shot after downing a good six pack.

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #33 on: 25 Sep 2010, 09:26 »

Hard Liquor: Vodka preferably Grey Goose or Ketel One, Skyy if I'm on a budget, and Smirnoff if I am desperate. Meade, Absinthe, Saki, Jagermeister, and Gin are favorites as well.

Mixed Drinks: I usually dont do very many of these. If I'm in a bar I go for whatever has the most alcohol in it or a Jager bomb or the vodka counterpart. On my own the only mixed drink I really like is a rootbeer float which is A&W rootbeer mixed with 2-3 shots of vanilla vodka and a cap of vanilla extract, or a gin and tonic.

Wine: No. On the occasions I do have to drink wine like at weddings or other events I wil drink it but I generally dont like it.

Beer: Blue Moon is a favorite if I'm in a bar. I like Japanese beers alot if I can find them in my area. Other favorites include Dos Equis, Yuengling, Corona, Red Stripe, and about anything from Sam Adams.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #34 on: 25 Sep 2010, 10:33 »

Bah you crazy white people!

The ethnic minority is highly amused  :D

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #35 on: 25 Sep 2010, 15:31 »

What's amusing? And if you're implying that only white people drink... :roll:

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #36 on: 25 Sep 2010, 17:14 »

Relevant

No, I just mentioned earlier the culture is very interesting...the "drinks for different days", to the point I could put on a top hat and monocle with a posh English accent and read out some of these posts...whereas me and ma brothas...we just drink whatever is provided lol, and if not that, then the same shit every day (for me, Guinness)

:lol:

Aodha Khan

« Reply #37 on: 27 Sep 2010, 02:33 »

Hard stuff: Vodka based cocktails. Long island tea is lethal.
Wine: Shiraz and Carbernet Souvignon red.
Beer: Yuuuk!

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #38 on: 13 Oct 2010, 14:20 »

There is only one liquor, and it is Vodka. Not the kind you people have here unless I have to. Fucking westerners can't 120-proof. Anything I consume that isn't liquor (not vodka, for those of you in need of a translation) goes into the mixed drinks category BY DEFAULT. Absinthe may be included in the liquor category if it has been appropriately brewed and - meaning there's herbs and so on floating not only in the bottom and top of the bottle, but also in the middle.

Wine, well. I like black mead.

I'm always trying a whole lot of different kinds of beer. I find I don't like most of them, but a few microbrews and a few imports taste alright to me. New Belgium makes okay stuff and are close enough to my locality that the stuff they ship in doesn't taste like shit by the time they get here.

Mixed drinks go the same way, but mainly? Backdraft.

Oh. And I have a surprising tolerance.
« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2010, 14:21 by Ashar Kor-Azor »

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #39 on: 14 Oct 2010, 00:05 »

...surprising...

I do not think that word means what you think it means.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #40 on: 14 Oct 2010, 11:35 »

...surprising...
I do not think that word means what you think it means.
I think it means that it's surprising for someone of my physical characteristics and general state of health to drink as much in a given hour and not get tipsy, let alone vomitous.

What do you think it means?

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #41 on: 14 Oct 2010, 12:55 »

DRINK!

I am in the school of 'if its liquid it will go down' anything from paint remover to fine champagne.

All drink goes to two categories, shaken and not shaken.

If you drink it and you get the shivers and have to shake your head because of the taste.
Thats not shaken.
The other category of course is when you drink the drink you do not get this involuntary reaction.
Of course at some point of the evening, everything goes into the shaken category.

But more into specifics.
Hard Liqour: Anything homebrewn that does not make you go blind. Almost every country has their own home distilled booze, that always has been banned by the government. From the philipino coconut wine that is 90 proof that you bury underground in clay jugs capped with cork to regular moonshine.
From legal stuff, vodka is my favourite, wheat based vodkas especially.

Beer: Anything that you do not have to chew and does not stick to your buttcheeks next morning.

Wine: White, Rieslings are my favourite. The sparkly fruitiness of them usually makes smile.

Mixed drinks: If you can't drink booze without mixing it with something flammable you should think about using drugs as your favourite way of getting your brain smashed, fucking pansies.

Leap to nothingness, 1/1 Jagermeister and Creme de la Menthe.

Does Unicum being mixed with water count as a mixed drink?
You can't drink that shit without doing that.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #42 on: 14 Oct 2010, 13:00 »

I think it means that it's surprising for someone of my physical characteristics and general state of health to drink as much in a given hour and not get tipsy, let alone vomitous.

What do you think it means?

You're Russian. It'd be surprising if you weren't able to drink such amounts and not get sick.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #43 on: 14 Oct 2010, 15:10 »

...I do love the stereotypes people have about being 'Russian.'

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #44 on: 14 Oct 2010, 22:07 »

I'm pretty sure every culture has its stereotypes, not all bad, not all entirely untrue.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4