Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That it is illegal to import walnuts on to the planet Amarr Prime?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: DUST 514  (Read 33153 times)

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
Re: DUST 514
« Reply #135 on: 02 Jun 2011, 07:14 »

Oi, have none of you people read The Empyrean Age?  Seriously, if you had, the name would have stuck out like a sore thumb.

Marcus Jror is the guy who discovered Jamyl's Superweapon.  :evil:

Alot of us tried to forget that book ever existed.
Myself included.

That and It was at least a year or more since I last read it, I'm not going to remember things like that too well... not with University being crammed in over the top of all the other EVE stuff I know, its what we have people like you around Ellis, to 'remind' us.

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Ellis Croix

« Reply #136 on: 02 Jun 2011, 07:22 »

I've edited my last post to be less offensive, my apologies.

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #137 on: 02 Jun 2011, 08:20 »

Thanks Ellis :)

While I don't find it 'offensive' as such, it was bordering on it - hence the sharply worded reply.

(As a side note, when informing the greater community of something that has been missed previously, assuming we should all know if because you do is a good way to land in hot water)

As such, the player character seems to be simply someone who read the book and created a char named the same, we did the same to one of the quotes provided earlier in the DUST 514 scrollings.

As such, if this is the Dr. who discovered the SuperWeapon, my point may still stand - he could quite easily discover the cloning methods for DUST soliders as well, unless he was killed/moved off latter in the book that I also don't remember

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Ellis Croix

« Reply #138 on: 02 Jun 2011, 10:44 »

Oh, I think you are quite right:

[spoiler]Until the construction of this ship – a project funded by Jamyl Sarum before her death, run by Falek Grange, and executed by Marcus in complete secrecy – hunting for relics of the Old World was all but impossible. Knowledge that a place called ‘Terra’ ever existed, or that the origin of New Eden’s trillions of inhabitants came from worlds on the other side of EVE, was considered legend or fable by many. The governments of nation states were content to keep it that way, perhaps because the truth was too painful for humankind to accept.
-Gonzales, Tony (2010). EVE: The Empyrean Age (p. 434).[/spoiler]

Some more intelligently formed reasoning:
http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1515779&page=2#35

So... yeah.  For better or worse, all the evidence is there, but as the old Monty Python line goes, Camelot is a silly place.  :psyccp:
« Last Edit: 02 Jun 2011, 15:00 by Ellis Croix »

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #139 on: 02 Jun 2011, 13:16 »

Ellis, I'm proud: an actual expository post with cards laid out on the table. <3

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #140 on: 02 Jun 2011, 14:18 »

Oh, I think you are quite right:

Until the construction of this ship – a project funded by Jamyl Sarum before her death, run by Falek Grange, and executed by Marcus in complete secrecy – hunting for relics of the Old World was all but impossible. Knowledge that a place called ‘Terra’ ever existed, or that the origin of New Eden’s trillions of inhabitants came from worlds on the other side of EVE, was considered legend or fable by many. The governments of nation states were content to keep it that way, perhaps because the truth was too painful for humankind to accept.
-Gonzales, Tony (2010). EVE: The Empyrean Age (p. 434).

Some more intelligently formed reasoning:
http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1515779&page=2#35

So... yeah.  For better or worse, all the evidence is there, but as the old Monty Python line goes, Camelot is a silly place.  :psyccp:

For someone who hasn't read Empyrean Age - are there any mentions of *other* terran tech in the book?

Ellis Croix

« Reply #141 on: 02 Jun 2011, 14:58 »

[spoiler]Just a Terran station with the words "EUROPA FLEET YARDS" or something in letters as big as frigates written on a hangar bay...

;)[/spoiler]

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #142 on: 02 Jun 2011, 15:29 »

Did you know?: that "Epitoth" is Amarrian for "Europa"?

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #143 on: 02 Jun 2011, 16:15 »

It's been some time since this was last pointed out: Which planet has a moon called "Europa"?

Also noteworthy, the station is in Delve (can't remember the system - had a blue sun, potentially Blood Raider sov) and was inhabited by Rogue Drones.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #144 on: 02 Jun 2011, 18:17 »

It's been some time since this was last pointed out: Which planet has a moon called "Europa"?
It is a Jovian moon.

Ellis Croix

« Reply #145 on: 02 Jun 2011, 18:46 »

It is a Jovian moon.
That's no moon...

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #146 on: 02 Jun 2011, 19:27 »

It's a giant cookie! OM NOM NOM
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Ellis Croix

« Reply #147 on: 03 Jun 2011, 09:59 »

It's a giant cookie! OM NOM NOM
You know, that would be a good explanation as to how Jamyl Sarum could track down people and put voices in their head... wakka wakka!
« Last Edit: 03 Jun 2011, 10:03 by Ellis Croix »

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #148 on: 03 Jun 2011, 18:57 »

The official site www.dust514.com dropped the quote roll for a countdown clock.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #149 on: 03 Jun 2011, 19:01 »

So, we're thinking what? Launch of the official website? New trailer? big infodump?
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19