Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The founder of Zainou Biotech, Todo Kirkinen, was the first person to have his mind transfered into a machine? Ishukone owns a majority stake of Zainou.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19

Author Topic: DUST 514  (Read 33162 times)

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
Re: DUST 514
« Reply #120 on: 31 May 2011, 20:31 »

All that activity and they thought no one would notice? I don't care how careful you are, cloaks can't keep you hidden forever
-Brynn Jerdola, Chief Scout, Guardian Angels

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #121 on: 31 May 2011, 20:58 »

I consider my question about stealth mechanics answered. Now the question is, will they be any good?

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #122 on: 31 May 2011, 21:40 »

Or it could mean the fact that CCP recently said they intend to nerf AFK cloaking in some way.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #123 on: 31 May 2011, 21:53 »

Timer?

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #124 on: 01 Jun 2011, 02:44 »

I wouldn't read too far into it. There's already ways to uncloak people, and I guess the Angels (in fiction) are at least as resourceful as the players are ingame.

Ellis Croix

« Reply #125 on: 01 Jun 2011, 13:05 »

I wouldn't read too far into it. There's already ways to uncloak people, and I guess the Angels (in fiction) are at least as resourceful as the players are ingame.
Also, it mentions activity.  If you are looking for something, you have to eventually drop probes.  Which means you have to uncloak, get away from the probe, and cloak again.

I do not find it surprising that the Amarr would go into W-space systems with capsuleers around.  If I were looking for something Capsuleers were not, I would send in recon ships to stay cloaked and let the Capsuleer forces in-system deal with the Sleepers and move in after the Capsuleers go away to look for what I want.

Again, AFK cloaking is one thing; actually looking for something in an active manner is another.  You are going to run into a situation where you are going to be visible, if only for a few seconds.

Think of it this way; the Amarr are already purchasing Sleeper tags, if they were in W-space it would stand to reason that they were looking for something Capsuleers are not looking for.  Maybe they were looking for something small enough to fit in a handbag?  You could even send in a "golden fleet" and have them spread out along the w-space flow network of wormholes, and wait until a system with something you may want gets used by a significant Capsuleer force.

You could even continue the process for quite a long time.  W-space does allow for quite a bit of secrecy.

Quote from: Anoikis
The capsuleers. They will settle. They will understand the network eventually, and they will command it.

They will not be everywhere at once, and we can move undetected.

In this environment, so can they. We are all headed to the same destinations. We have no desire to be noticed, and no hope in conflict with them.

Then we will use these early months well.
There's quite a bit of evidence (even official news stories from CCP) regarding Amarr presence in W-space.  Mining expeditions, covert operations, CONCORD involvement in keeping things quiet....

Just pointing out that it's possible to connect the dots, and not read (too much) into potential changes in game mechanics.  As a kind of storytelling, I love the quotes.  Combined with the in-game events, I find it quite exciting!  :P  We may not be able to fully interact with these events, but it is still something that is getting me to think and look at the potential storyline implications.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #126 on: 01 Jun 2011, 18:04 »

Didn't really think the Ducia thing as anything strange. They're supposed to go ninja-mining into nullsec, as well - with guns to back up the miners. It's natural that they expand to W-space, too. And where's Ducia, there's Zoar (since Zoar & Sons / Ardamad Zoar owns Ducia). Of course, for the cloak & dagger audience it presents just a wonderful cover for other activities - specially if they have been able to get again contracts from the Imperial court and Heirs.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #127 on: 01 Jun 2011, 20:43 »

"We are all EVE’s bastard children. And I, Dr. Marcus Jror, am the worst of them."
-Marcus Jror

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #128 on: 01 Jun 2011, 20:57 »

"We are all EVE’s bastard children. And I, Dr. Marcus Jror, am the worst of them."
-Marcus Jror

So, my initial impression is this is probably one of the lead scientists for the Amarr who developed DUST soldiers.
Thoughts? Or am  I reading this wrong.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #129 on: 01 Jun 2011, 23:19 »

Marcus Jror is a player character.
\o/

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #130 on: 01 Jun 2011, 23:48 »

Marcus Jror is a player character.

Hmm, and a member of a the noob corp for over a year.
CCP just liked the name or an unnofficial CCP alt?

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #131 on: 02 Jun 2011, 00:33 »

The quotes are from an internal contest by CCP?

Very little do with PF or New Eden.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #132 on: 02 Jun 2011, 00:40 »

Not everything is exposition.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #133 on: 02 Jun 2011, 05:12 »

Remember, CCP has done that before, making player chars who were capsuleers who had showed up in chrons.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Ellis Croix

« Reply #134 on: 02 Jun 2011, 07:11 »

::Ahem:: Let's try this again.

Marcus Jror is the scientist who not only discovered Jamyl's superweapon, but was behind Jamyl's cloning fiasco.  Further:

Quote from: World on Fire Chronicle
"I'm getting closer to understanding this," she said. "I wish Marcus could see what the empyreans are about to discover. His work would be vindicated."
« Last Edit: 02 Jun 2011, 07:17 by Ellis Croix »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19