Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

debris from starship combat near planets sometimes survives re-entry, as when a relay station on Yong III was destroyed by debris after a fierce fight in low orbit on 27.08YC105.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: DUST 514  (Read 33166 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Re: DUST 514
« Reply #75 on: 14 May 2011, 12:39 »

Most of the restaurants offering Hanging Long-limb roe are situated within the Gallente Federation, as the demand for exotic food is highest there. These restaurants are frequented by the upper strata of Gallentean society: industrial tycoons, celebrities and the idle rich. Capsuleers, always rich though rarely idle, are also apt to be seen at these places

...is the exact quote. Capsuleers can compose a faction's elite, as opposed to just sitting in their own isolated area of society.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #76 on: 14 May 2011, 18:21 »

Dying is temporary. Losing is forever.
- Kasa Busryo, Founder, Forgefire Cabal
[/quote]
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #77 on: 14 May 2011, 19:04 »

Dying is temporary. Losing is forever.
- Kasa Busryo, Founder, Forgefire Cabal
[/quote]

Bastardized rip from the quote "Pain is temporary, Glory is forever" used, among others by the RNAF.

I keep being un-impressed by some of these quotes, but we will see how this game turns out when it comes out.

It all depends on one thing for me.

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #78 on: 15 May 2011, 19:56 »

I wonder if revenge is what brings these monsters out here to the deserts and dust, far from anywhere of significance.
- Unknown

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #79 on: 17 May 2011, 06:24 »

If his deeds are a mirror of a man's soul, I dare not look upon my own.
-Eisig Mala-Turiat, excerpt from "Squad Broken: A Memoir"

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #80 on: 17 May 2011, 07:35 »

If his deeds are a mirror of a man's soul, I dare not look upon my own.
-Eisig Mala-Turiat, excerpt from "Squad Broken: A Memoir"

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #81 on: 17 May 2011, 08:25 »

They float naked in their own piss with pipes sticking out of their asses. Sure, what's not to respect?
- Magin Ongrau, Privateer, commenting on capsuleers

This makes no sense - if the tube in the ass is to collect bodily waste before it goes into the ecto-plasma, then they will need one for the genitals as well.

Also, I'd not say that the old 'podders don't use suits' VS the new 'podders use suits' contradict each other - there is a good few years of development between these two and using suits, or partial suits, like only underwear, is likely a matter of choice. It might even have different levels of 'control ease' where no clothing/suit is perfect because the neutrients in the ecto-plasma then is taken up by the capsuleer's body directly, but at the cost of modesty, while a full suit allows only the face/head to be the contact area.

Having said that, I much preffer the older idea that suits are simply not used - seems far more logical and considerably more badass to me, but that's an oppinion.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #82 on: 17 May 2011, 08:47 »

Well, the corpses are naked. But yeah, based on the PF, I suspect that its an option, but not everyone uses them.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #83 on: 17 May 2011, 12:00 »

It's some uneducated grunt making a crack at stellar demigods!

Stop taking it so seriously! Such a thing does not redefine your entire PF paradigm!  :D

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #84 on: 17 May 2011, 18:04 »

Fixed an error in Chronicle “The Hanging Long-Limb” where it was implied that capsuleers routinely spend weeks or months at a time in the capsule without emerging.

It is very much an exception to remain in the capsule.

Please do feel free to provide evidence to your claim.

'You're doing it wrong' ('because I say so'), does not constitute a constructive response to a fellow board member. It is actually very rude, in my eyes, to discount a valid argument, which is backed by a pf source (in this case a chronicle), by a short statement without any eividence to it.

Edited: Edited for clarity.

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #85 on: 17 May 2011, 18:05 »

There are no winners in war? I think my record proves otherwise
- Shina Mor-Inrio, Ex-Ishukone Watch Special Forces
« Last Edit: 17 May 2011, 18:08 by Mathra Hiede »

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #86 on: 17 May 2011, 18:09 »

They float naked in their own piss with pipes sticking out of their asses. Sure, what's not to respect?
- Magin Ongrau, Privateer, commenting on capsuleers

This makes no sense - if the tube in the ass is to collect bodily waste before it goes into the ecto-plasma, then they will need one for the genitals as well.

Also, I'd not say that the old 'podders don't use suits' VS the new 'podders use suits' contradict each other - there is a good few years of development between these two and using suits, or partial suits, like only underwear, is likely a matter of choice. It might even have different levels of 'control ease' where no clothing/suit is perfect because the neutrients in the ecto-plasma then is taken up by the capsuleer's body directly, but at the cost of modesty, while a full suit allows only the face/head to be the contact area.

Having said that, I much preffer the older idea that suits are simply not used - seems far more logical and considerably more badass to me, but that's an oppinion.

A cathether and a ileostomy would do away with the use of 'tubes' connected to various body parts - add in the possibility to hide them behind whatever clever patches / hatches you can devise and you have a nice way to couple things without having to resort to the, albeit more explicit and vivid, means of suction tubes.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #87 on: 17 May 2011, 19:00 »

I was thinking of that Laerise, only with metallic plug or shunts on the outside, and internal reservoir's to hold the liquid. Then using the bathroom is as simple as plugging a hose into the valve and draining away the...stuff.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #88 on: 17 May 2011, 19:19 »

You don't need tubes or -ostomies or anything like that. Just re-engineer yourself so there's no waste.

:transhumanism:
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #89 on: 17 May 2011, 20:55 »

Or have the nanites in the pod goo chow down on E. coli, too:

Quote from: EON, Issue #23, Spring 2011, Knowledge Base: Hydrostatic Fluid, p. 79
As a matter of course, hydrostatic fluid is loaded with various kinds of nanotech, from bio-engineered organisms to more complex nanomachines that work to cleanse the fluid of impurities akin to an elaborate extra-corporeal immune system. Such a mix of nanites can be very complex, almost like an entire ecosystem designed to eliminate poisons and bacteria from the fluid in which the pilot is immersed, as well as material from the body that might be collected later by unscrupulous elements looking to utilize material that contains capsuleer DNA.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19