Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The language of the Amarr empire is spoken by more people than any other language? Read more in this Chronicle.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: What other RP corps and areas interest you?  (Read 11803 times)

Vieve

Re: What other RP corps and areas interest you?
« Reply #45 on: 04 Apr 2011, 13:03 »

Oh, starting over absolutely from scratch?

The last time I did that, I went for a Gallentean Quafe Universalist/SOEish type who hated politics (for a very good reason), liked her personal space, and thought most people were idiots -- including herself -- and figured the best possible thing she could do was try not to be evil.  

If I had the time to do that again ... well, I wouldn't.  I don't have much time to play the characters I do have (including that one).  

Though I do sometimes regret Sussan's getting biomassed, because she was nice to play the few times I had her out and about.  She was True Amarr, Liberal Holder background, who believed in the whole 'cloning is bad' precept.  When she got killed in game, I biomassed her. :P

Bureeiku

• Blake Rathen
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #46 on: 04 Apr 2011, 15:18 »

Tough question.  What most other RP groups look like on the inside is out of my ken.  Been very happy with our decision to join I-RED, even if it seemed like a bit of a stretch at first. 

A new group would have to have the same elements that I enjoy about my present one, namely people who play a lot, are relatively consistent in their RP, and are a bit more into in-game stuff than other RP activities.

KJLLV

« Reply #47 on: 04 Apr 2011, 15:45 »

I already have alts everywhere that interest me.

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #48 on: 05 Apr 2011, 06:42 »

I already have alts everywhere that interest me.

Istvaan posting with the wrong account? ;)

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #49 on: 05 Apr 2011, 07:22 »

I would most definitely get involved in Intaki RP.

Might still do at one time.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal
« Reply #50 on: 05 Apr 2011, 10:12 »

Probably Intaki/Matari alligned for me.

I don't think I could ever justify Jade being a pirate - just not in the mindset. Though if I did ...

Angel/Serpentis backgrounds are the most attractive to me.

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #51 on: 05 Apr 2011, 11:09 »

Not with Laerise, but if I'd reroll / get a second main it'd be a caldary mercenary of some kind - a bit unfeasible nowadays, but I'm sure at least one of two people wouldn't mind a friendly falcon for hire sometimes  :s

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #52 on: 05 Apr 2011, 14:37 »

*post*

U mad, brah? There are some seriously dangerous levels of bitter coming from you whenever this topic comes up. What gives?

The attitude and perception (coming from several people, not just you) that people go pirate (or join Veto, as is the usual expression of the issue) because their RP is dead or whatever is really starting to get old and tiresome.

There are a lot of people in Veto. The majority of them do not RP outside of, arguably, shooting people in the face. There are a few who used to RP, yes, but those are not quite as numerous as people seem to think. In fact, I went through the roster the other day, and of the people on there, I only counted about 27 unique players (yes, I ignored alts) who I've ever seen RPing, or have heard of doing so in the past. Even assuming each of those players has an alt in the corp, that's still only 50 characters in a 170-strong corp.

Why are people making this ridiculous assumption that the vast majority RPers who are tired of "national" RP end up in Veto or some other pirate group as an "RP retirement home" as Ember put it? Why do some people seem to think it's impossible or inexcusable for someone to value the gameplay from their $15/month over the RP? Why do people assume that the thought process is "omg my RP is dead wah wah oh I know how to fix it, I'll go pirate and join Veto or some other outlaw faction/corp" instead of the more logical "okay, I'm bored with EVE, what can I change to make it worth my subscription fee"?

Isn't it possible that the players made the decision, not caring about the RP aspect of things? RP isn't all there is to the game, people. If you're getting fuck-all out of your $15/month for a given style of gameplay, it's your right to try something new ingame to see if you can get your money's worth, regardless of RP. While I'm someone who prefers to have an IC reason to do something ingame (like, for example, change corporations) rather than not, if the gameplay I'm getting where I am is making the game a waste of my time and money, I'm not necessarily going to just wait around for an RP reason to present itself.

Enjoyment of the game comes first, and RP after that. If joining a new corp, or trying something new, like piracy, makes the game more enjoyable for you, or makes it more worth the money spent on the subscription fee, that's your business, and not a single person but yourself has any right to complain about that decision.

I will try to keep this civil, despite your tasteful start to the part of your post directed at me.

First of all, this 'issue' is not about Veto in particular or any other pirate out-fit at all, it's about, ultimately, balance and what I perceive as a lack of originality this lack of balance brings.

There are two major 'game-styles' in EVE currently that are broken; FW and piracy/vigilantism. The problem here is that the latter part of the P/V side hardly exist and poorly at that. Anyone of us who have tried to keep it to the straight an narrow as vigilantes know that to have any level of effectiveness you eventually end up little more than a slightly more discriminating pirate yourself, as far as targets are concerned.

Ergo, due to this besides the random trips by random corps/alliances pirates can hardly be opposed or 'stopped' as such, and several other factors maintain the image for many that piracy is 'where it's at'.

That's not really a terribly bad thing; the image that is, as more pirates = more potential enemies for everyone else.

But in the realms of RP, most RP'ers like to have stories behind our toons. We try to play to live the lives of our toons not just being yourself in a game where your toon represents you. Ergo, where a non-RP'er might go, ' time to try piracy instead of what I'm doing' RP'ers end up with 'why would my toon go pirate, how do I work this out?'

Enter my problem; the ever-available 'grand betrayal' and the obvious corps of choice; Veto and/or (insert decent pirate corp of choice here).

Veto is a good place to be, because it's lots of nice folks doing their thing with a RP/RP-lite back-drop. It makes it all more interesting to join as you can continue to do your RP in a corp that, at the very least, respect it. Thus it seems Veto and other RP-friendly pirate corps seem the good options.

And I would not have had a problem with any of this, if only there were good options to going pirate at all, and possibly the game-fun to go with this. But there are no good alternatives for vigilantism or even, dare I say it... bounty hunting.

Again, to clarify; it don't matter to me at all how many in VETO or any other pirate corp RP or not; their choice to join and so on etc.

What matters to me is that piracy has no good 'opponent' other than perhaps, other pirates, and many RP'ers who wish to go pirate and still RP thus ends up in predictably few places, with some exceptions. I wish there were a realistic option to piracy in this regard, so as to get a more even playing-field, in a way, and thus (hopefully) more action and fun for all participants.

Anyhow, this was a serious derail. If your not satisfied with my answer or I've done a poor job explaining, let me know. Though we will likely end in a new topic at this rate.

Logan Fyreite

• Egger
    • Eve Opportunist
« Reply #53 on: 05 Apr 2011, 15:35 »

As an RP-lite-liter I don't know where I would go if I left STIMULUS, not many terrorist, non-aligned entities out there.

If I was to leave the terrorist fold I would go towards either Nation/Blood raider affiliation, where targets would be plentiful and willing, though I would stay away from groups who tend to talk more than fight more, not sure who falls into that category from those groups.  But I'd be sure to avoid them!

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #54 on: 05 Apr 2011, 16:02 »

There are two major 'game-styles' in EVE currently that are broken; FW and piracy/vigilantism. The problem here is that the latter part of the P/V side hardly exist and poorly at that. Anyone of us who have tried to keep it to the straight an narrow as vigilantes know that to have any level of effectiveness you eventually end up little more than a slightly more discriminating pirate yourself, as far as targets are concerned.

Does 'vigilantism' here = anti-piracy? Just checking our use of terms.

Is there anything wrong with having anti-pirate pirates? Think of us as defender missiles: we have the same explosive (kinetic, what-have-you) potential, but we channel that for a cause.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #55 on: 05 Apr 2011, 16:33 »

If ATAP died, because, I dunno, a permanent wardec or something, and in order of likelihood/how much rationalization would be required:

1. I-RED
2. SOERR
3. SYNE

Under certain more personal stressors, Z could end up in ANSH or even on a one-man extremist crusade against something. (Probably "capsuleers."') Maybe see about AST-F or something along those lines.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #56 on: 10 Apr 2011, 13:43 »

I would probably go to Veto (yes, I know, seems the common answer), namely cus I know more pilots there than anywhere else outside of EM.  And between the snuggles (mostly from Shae and disturbingly from Verone --  j/k, i love ya Red, never stop with the snuggles!) and shit-talk (im looking at you Morwen and Raxip!) I figure it wouldnt be too different.

Outside of that, I dunno, maybe KOTMC but to fly for the Amarr would be even harder to manage in my head.  And Im not sure I have enough raw vitriol and hate in me to be part of the Gallente/Caldari conflict.

That said, I dont think i could ever twist poor Gottii around enough to make him a pirate, and i like EM and where I am.
« Last Edit: 10 Apr 2011, 13:45 by Gottii »
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #57 on: 12 Apr 2011, 04:54 »

Not quite sure what I'm even doing at the moment, so I guess I could probably start actually doing something real with MUHU for a change. If not, and if I grow tired of playing singleplayer, I'd probably start collecting names of CVA corp recruiters.

However, I do have another, shadier, more Societal  project in the planning stages...

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #58 on: 12 Apr 2011, 07:09 »

Hmmm.

If Math ever wanted to progress from the KP-V and his Khanid loyalist spectrum.
- Some state alligned corp... I came from a Caldari perspective originally, and its at least somewhat familiar for Math.
- PIE, although it would take a massive mindset shift because Math is quite liberal - despite his antics sometimes.
- Angel Pirate, would be a bit of a twist... but I have backup plans.

--------------------

If I was going to go for "lolF***this" and reset Math for a completely different life

- EM, Because so much <3 for EM
- Serp RP, because I always kinda liked 'dem shady guys

That being said - I have alts for a reason, and I like to explore these RP angles a bit with them - so I tend to feel most comfortable where I am, and short of biomassing/selling Math I couldn't ever stop <3 Khanid.

... Unless CCP.... [self-moderated post]

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Orthic

• Wetgraver
« Reply #59 on: 12 Apr 2011, 09:24 »

- Serp RP, because I always kinda liked 'dem shady guys

We are always hiring ♥
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5