Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Guristas pirate organization was started by two deserters from the Caldari navy? Fatal and the Rabbit?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Roleplay Issues with Katrina  (Read 18087 times)

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
Re: Roleplay Issues with Katrina
« Reply #120 on: 30 Apr 2013, 07:00 »

* Ava Stafire still says katrina should just remember one thing; She is

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #121 on: 30 Apr 2013, 20:24 »

Kat sucks and so does her player.  ;)

But for srs, I love Kat and one day Val will turn her to the dark side of manly manly love.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #122 on: 30 Apr 2013, 20:40 »

Kat sucks and so does her player.  ;)

But for srs, I love Kat and one day Val will turn her to the dark side of manly manly love.

Tch. Kat already has the hugest and most obvious crush on Val. You should hear how she talks about him to the other girls.

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #123 on: 01 May 2013, 06:43 »

I can vouch for Kat's endless ramblings regarding Val.

All she can talk about is him, a bottle of warming lubricant, and water balloons full of jello.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #124 on: 01 May 2013, 11:53 »

"You should definitely date him, Silas."
"No."
"Look at those strong broad shoulders... and that tight rear end... and the flowing locks of hair..."
"Who are you fantasizing for exactly?"
"Mmnh... I bet he has lots of chest hair..."

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #125 on: 06 May 2013, 05:08 »

I'm blushing!  :oops:

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #126 on: 09 May 2013, 08:59 »

:eek:

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #127 on: 09 May 2013, 09:01 »

Clearly, Katrina should devote her life to rewriting bad slashfics. Whether this would be better or worse is yet to be determined, but I nominate the 50 Glazes of Jialei for her first attempt. :lol:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #128 on: 09 May 2013, 11:02 »

Contact me about that, hun. I have some ideas for a Shin/Graelyn slashfic...

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #129 on: 09 May 2013, 15:23 »

I feel there should be a graelyn slashfic section on backstage
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #130 on: 09 May 2013, 22:43 »

[spoiler][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: 25 Oct 2013, 05:19 by Katrina Oniseki »

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #131 on: 25 Oct 2013, 05:19 »

UPDATE

So, I find myself at an impasse. I'm not sure what to think of my character, or how she has evolved. In a discussion with a friend, they pretty openly pointed out that Katrina is not the Caldari exemplar. She married a Gallentean female. This is, of course, to be expected - but how bad does it go? How far from the Caldari example is she?

Living in a luxurious house on her own career profits, married to a female Gallentean, and generally abhors the militia wars.

On the other hand, she is portrayed as constantly working in her office for I-RED/Ishukone, speaks often and loudly in defense of the State (or against Heth), has a combat record for I-RED and campaign experience there, and has generally tried to keep a public face worth being proud of... with a few exceptions.

So, while her private life is certainly quite comfortable and luxurious, she tries to balance it by being the best worker she can be and tries to remain humble. She rarely ventures outside her office, and tends to remain focused on her work if she isn't at home. She doesn't like flaunting her wealth or accomplishments (mostly because I don't like trying to convince others to acknowledge them).

In your opinion, on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being Outcast Scum and 10 being a Paragon of the Caldari People... how would you rate Katrina?

Do you think her portrayal is an effective and engaging one?

Do you think it spits in the face of PF or is otherwise unfitting for how she is portrayed?

Do you think I should abandon the concept of 'trying to be Caldari' and just focus wholly on making her an independent freed from nationalist bonds or influences?

Kunarian

• Clonejack
« Reply #132 on: 25 Oct 2013, 05:49 »

I may be new here, but I'm not new to Caldari or the ideas they hold and value.

To answer each question.

• 7 - I think that Caldari who work hard and are successful executives and due to that live a life of reasonable luxury are not going to be looked upon negatively, in fact you probably live very reasonably compared to a Gallentean or Amarrian counterpart. However you married a Gallentean, and that's bad (and the female bit doens't really matter, you married one of 'them'). And abhoring the militia wars isn't bad unless you do it for moral reasons rather than pragmatic business ones, if so then other Caldari will find you different but won't look down on you too much for it. Your work life makes up for everything, hard working, humble and devoted to her corporation, nothing more could be asked of you in those cases and Caldari value work above many other things. In short, professionally you are a perfect Caldari, personally you're a wierd one but not so weird that it overshadows your professional excellence.
  • I will have to research this more but from what I've seen Kat has never seemed boring and most certainly I recognise you on the forums (both IGS and here) as a character of interest
  • No, not to my knowledge
  • Yes and no, you shouldn't 'try to be Caldari' your character should have some caldari aspects though (which they do, work ethic and stuff).  Concerning nationalism if you want to not be a big pro state Caldari then maybe you should tone your character down to being a person who is pro-collectivist corporate model rather than simply Pro-state. However you shouldn't sever ties to it, at least that's my opinion.

I hope this is helpful and I'm not wildly ill-informed about what kind of answers you want.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #133 on: 25 Oct 2013, 08:28 »

6-7. The portrayal is good. It doesnt spit on PF or else we would play clones of each other, pure achetypes and products of their faction. That would be rather dull. I doubt that even the Caldari are all uptights and brain formated clones. It's true for every faction, not just the gallente.

The fact that she married an outsider, and add to that a female, is probably a source of shame and finger pointing in the State, but heh, capsuleers... vOv

And not every average caldari think as a pure conservative on that either.

Anslol

« Reply #134 on: 25 Oct 2013, 08:36 »

Caldari wise, 6-7.
Overall, 9.
Kat's hilarious and you never know what'll happen next with her. She may be educating some ignorant fools on why bitches be preferring a meritocracy for their lives by using academic references and such all up innit. But the next thing you know, she be crackin' puns and making Sansha's deadpan so hard they can't UNdeadpan.

I <3 Kat.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11