Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Khanids were fellow settlers alongside the Amarrians on Athra, better known today as Amarr Prime? For more, read here.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Roleplay Issues with Katrina  (Read 18051 times)

Ayallah

• Kameira
  • Egger
Re: Roleplay Issues with Katrina
« Reply #150 on: 25 Oct 2013, 23:00 »

Maybe try to make your ooc bleedover into an aspect of Kat's character? 

I do this with Aya all the time or, that is just how I RP...

Honestly it seems weird to see this post.  To me you were always one of THE RPers and Kat one of THE characters.  I know a 'you are doing great' may not be constructive but I have always liked how you do you =)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #151 on: 25 Oct 2013, 23:08 »

I haven't RP'd with Kat enough to make a scaled judgement call :)

But, given the other information you volunteered at the start of this post ... have you considered that it's not about Kat as good Caldari vs. Kat as bad Caldari. What it might be is Kat (human) vs. Kat (capsuleer)? (Re-read the post - clearly you have)

I mean, how often do you have to die (and have your crew perish) for I-RED to prove your loyalty and duty to them? When does the rallying cry of 'For I-RED! For Ishukone! For the State!' start to lose its potency? Is it measured in ISK earnt? Lives given? Battles won or lost? Sacrifices made - physical, emotional or otherwise?

At what point does it become clear that - under the right set of controlled conditions - Kat may well outlive I-RED, Ishukone and the State itself? And what then?

I don't think this answers any questions for you except to say that what you're trying to sound out as 'am I doinitwrong?' might actually be Kat's character developing in a less structured way than what might have been planned out for her from the beginning?

For a moment, your post sounded like the trailer for Inferno expansion.  :lol:

Aside, you ask some good questions. I do touch on the existential crisis of being immortal from time to time, but right now I think her focus and mine is more on trying to acclimate to the current situation.

You're right about the way she has developed. As stated earlier in the thread, lore served as a template for me to begin with, and Katrina has long since evolved outside those boundaries of stereotypes. As I've gone on, it has indeed become less structured as various things both IC and OOC have caused changes to her development.

I've been keeping an eye on possible future developments, but honestly - until CCP's storyline does indeed start portraying the downfall of the Big Four, it's not something I feel is worth putting too much effort into. Neither I nor she see an imminent end to Ishukone.

Maybe try to make your ooc bleedover into an aspect of Kat's character? 

I do this with Aya all the time or, that is just how I RP...

Honestly it seems weird to see this post.  To me you were always one of THE RPers and Kat one of THE characters.  I know a 'you are doing great' may not be constructive but I have always liked how you do you =)

That's what I try to do. Find IC reasons for OOC outbursts!

As for me being one of "THE" RPers... I guess everyone needs a bit of help from time to time? I got here with the help of the whole community (as this ten page thread shows), not by myself. So any success I have around here leaves plenty of credit due to all of you.

Erys Charantes

• Just another Gallentean girl.
  • Clonejack
« Reply #152 on: 26 Oct 2013, 03:17 »

Having spoken of this with Kat at length other-where, I'd just like to say...

Those of you who took the time to provide input, thank you.
"The hardest person to know is often yourself."
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]