Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ushra'Khan is the oldest active alliance in New Eden.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: What kind of Rp do you like doing the most/least ?  (Read 9200 times)

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
Re: What kind of Rp do you like doing the most/least ?
« Reply #45 on: 08 Jun 2011, 13:19 »

Especially considering how rarely explosions actually seem to happen when RPers are involved (at least in my experience).

You don't know where the self-destruct button is?  ;)

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #46 on: 08 Jun 2011, 19:02 »

To stay good at PvP and up to date on the current metas, you kinda have to PvP regularly (say, several nights a week).  If a core of your organization is not doing that, you'll be outmatched by those who do.  And if you are doing that, you don't have much time left for grinding red crosses off your overview.

Which is why I don't PvP. Too much work for too little reward.

Ammentio Oinkelmar

• Egger
  • zombie
« Reply #47 on: 08 Jun 2011, 19:13 »

To stay good at PvP and up to date on the current metas, you kinda have to PvP regularly (say, several nights a week).  If a core of your organization is not doing that, you'll be outmatched by those who do.  And if you are doing that, you don't have much time left for grinding red crosses off your overview.

Ditto.

Inara Subaka

• Egger
  • Business Woman
« Reply #48 on: 08 Jun 2011, 20:15 »

This may be in need of a new topic, but I just want to comment on this... I make more ISKies from PvP than I ever have from PvE. Just sayin'.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #49 on: 08 Jun 2011, 20:56 »

A new topic on that sounds like an outstanding idea.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #50 on: 09 Jun 2011, 10:34 »

This may be in need of a new topic, but I just want to comment on this... I make more ISKies from PvP than I ever have from PvE. Just sayin'.

Inara, your pirating, thus getting ransoms and perhaps loot regardless. Not everyone have the numbers needed to PvP effectively all day every day, and not everyone ransom people for large sums or attack anything floating in space - reduced target access, lower numbers and not ransoming the stuff you don't attack makes for a large difference in income from PvP.

Crucifire

« Reply #51 on: 09 Jun 2011, 13:41 »

I like PVPRP.

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #52 on: 09 Jun 2011, 13:57 »

Actually, what would make me happiest is if I could turn Mixed Metaphor into a ~20-30 man mission/industry corporation that can defend itself when trouble comes knocking.

I've always thought that should be a relatively straightforward endeavor. The trick is the fact that it's a roleplay corp.

I've yet to come across a misson/industry corp that can defend itself.  Not so straightforward.

Depends what you'd be facing. To be able to fend off attacks from most opportunistic wardeccers you don't have to be unstoppable ninja pros keeping up to date with the latest fleet doctrines. You just have to be careful, clever, and familiar with pvp to a basic or intermediate level. There are some good simple fits and tricks to use when dealing with that kind of foe.

Aodha Khan

« Reply #53 on: 10 Jun 2011, 04:32 »

The reward is in the fun and adrenalin packed action.  :bash:

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #54 on: 10 Jun 2011, 08:14 »

Not everyone wants that. As an example, today I learned not to bother with duels anymore. Pointless in most regards, and rarely honored anyhow. While I had not dueled anyone in quite some time, this guy showed new nasty tricks that I had not seen used before yet identified shortly after seeing them.

My stupidity in hoping for a fair fight crusier vs cruiser ended in losing me my cruiser, to soem guy who had orca swapping his ship, a CS offering bonuses, and a neutral RR. Waste of freaking time.

/De-rail; Andreus, if you want a calm PVE corp doing stuff and are actively going to get involved in that, inform me. I'd like a word in that regard if you do end up going down that road. Don't reply here but contact me in-game or by mail. /De-rail.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #55 on: 10 Jun 2011, 11:10 »

Was fine by me, though I mostly care for the fun factor (entertainement) when pvp-ing (and I am mainly a pvp-er). Now though, it is the adrenaline of the blobs. Do not want. T_T

Verone

• Dirty Gurista Loyalist
  • Egger
  • :3
    • Veto Corp.Com
« Reply #56 on: 11 Jun 2011, 15:51 »

That's because our corporation knows how to take care of it's own.

The vast majority of other corporations in the game don't have the systems in place that we do to ensure their members make their fair share.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #57 on: 11 Jun 2011, 17:02 »

That's because our corporation knows how to take care of it's own.

The vast majority of other corporations in the game don't have the systems in place that we do to ensure their members make their fair share.
Would you mind sharing some insights into what kind of systems you have in place (in another thread)?

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #58 on: 11 Jun 2011, 17:13 »

>mfw you attempted to define fun as a non-subjective concept

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #59 on: 11 Jun 2011, 22:18 »

Show-off.  :twisted:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5