Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ship crews either spend most of their journey in their escape pods, and are awoken with adrenaline only as needed?(Source: The Burning Life novel by CCP Abraxas.) or live aboard ship much like ship's crews today? (Source)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: State of Minmatar RP  (Read 8724 times)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
State of Minmatar RP
« on: 05 Dec 2016, 14:51 »

So I've been trying to piece together the state of Minmatar RP, and it seems rather thin. There was the Amarr coronation, naturally, at which the Sanmatar appeared and partied down ( :psyccp: ). The alpha clone recruitment stuff applied to all the empires in their own ways, obviously, along with the various tech advances for clones and new ships and whatnot.

But when I peek into the IGS forum, the stuff that is empire-focused almost all revolves around the Fed-State conflict. And while I don't particularly care about simplistic back-and-forth with the Amarr ("slaver!" "primitive!"), there's still something about the punk look and rusty ships and ornery sorts that appeals to me.

So is Minmatar RP dead, or just hiding?

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
Re: State of Minmatar RP
« Reply #1 on: 05 Dec 2016, 16:55 »

Mostly dead, unfortunately. There's the occasional isolated minmatar RPer, and private minmatar RP going on, but as a community there isn't one. Some ostensibly minmatar RP corps still exist, but one of them is almost entirely OOC these days, and the other, if it's even still active, is very isolated.

Though, the lack of RP corps is a pretty common issue these days. The majority of RPers tend to fall in OOC corps and engage in RP as secondary to their main interests. This limits the ability for any individual IC community (like factional communities) to really grow and flourish.
« Last Edit: 05 Dec 2016, 17:01 by Samira Kernher »

Xepharious

• Egger
  • Building a home, one word at a time
    • What is you Origin Story?
« Reply #2 on: 06 Dec 2016, 08:23 »

We in Origin do have a kind-of Minmatar/Caldari mashup going on. The culture tends to pepper us a bit, especially as we've pulled in a few of the more Matari friendly RP folk. Best I can tell is that our beef is more with how the Republic is run than with the tenants of republic belief. (those of us in Origin that have a beef anyway) If you are looking for some RP I know we have a lot of folks who are generally up for good RP and those friendly to ALXVP are welcome to stop into the channel 'Sunny-side Up' on the auspices that they received temporary clearance into Origin for the visit.
Xepharious
ALEXYLVA PARADOX | Sub-Coordinator | Recruiter
alexylva.webnode.com
What's your Origin Story?
http://www.alexylva-paradox.com/origin-tldr/

Tabor Murn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #3 on: 06 Dec 2016, 09:00 »

Minnie RP scene seems pretty sparse. Maybe I no longer know where to look for it.

Deitra Vess

• Immature Quasi Terrorist Interceptor Pilot
  • Egger
« Reply #4 on: 06 Dec 2016, 09:11 »

If it isn't nonexistent it also isn't exactly advertised. It does make sense that there is a little bit of a closed community thing going on (clan, ect) but I would think it would atleast be known that there are groups in general. I can't think of any that both exist and are active.

Utari Onzo

« Reply #5 on: 06 Dec 2016, 09:19 »

The issue can be applied to all the factions including Pirate ones.

Without a strong, active, welcoming and inspiring core of player-characters, factional rpers will be left with little to do. You need people willing to stand up and create engaging content, and if those creators have burned out/stopped creating that becomes a vacuum to fill. It seems no one is stepping up to fill it.

Tabor Murn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #6 on: 06 Dec 2016, 10:19 »

I've just kind of taken the approach of interacting with people in other factions for now. Had some decent RP with some Gallente and Amarr players.

We have had a couple players try to get things started over the last few years, it just never seems to gather enough momentum before the organizers give up.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 Dec 2016, 14:27 »

Well. Ideally I'd like to build something around my "family" corp. What I had in mind was a fairly broad Republic loyalist group.

Membership criteria would be along the lines of Minmatar only apart from outsiders that show a sincere commitment to become tribespeople. A fairly wide range of political views would be tolerated. Just no outright support for slaver group, although negotiating with same would be acceptable.

With enough people to maintain around the clock coverage I'd like to start anti piracy patrols as per the old EM model. As far as I can tell nobody has been doing that for a while & that should provide enough excitement for the more aggresive pilots.

Does anyone have any thoughts, requests for stuff for the corp to do and suchlike?
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Nissui

« Reply #8 on: 09 Dec 2016, 15:13 »

Does anyone have any thoughts, requests for stuff for the corp to do and suchlike?

Well, I'm not sure what arrangements you currently have, but if you ever feel the need to unload your junk loot or salvage, we maybe able to come to terms on some trade.

We're harvesting, building, and selling everything out of Molden Heath. Certainly not the only ones doing that, though.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 Dec 2016, 15:35 »

Well, I'm not sure what arrangements you currently have, but if you ever feel the need to unload your junk loot or salvage, we maybe able to come to terms on some trade.

We're harvesting, building, and selling everything out of Molden Heath. Certainly not the only ones doing that, though.

Trade is good. Nothing binds a group of organisations together better than the prospect of getting profit from one another. It also tallies well with the old EM idea of strengthening trade & industry.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #10 on: 09 Dec 2016, 22:31 »

There's a Minmatar.OOC channel in-game by the way, for anyone that might be interested.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #11 on: 14 Dec 2016, 11:29 »

I technically still have ownership of an old minmatar FW corporation on an alt. I was going to hand CEOship to Ava when she was talking about coming back to the game, but that never actually came to be. I'd be willing to turn the reigns for it over to someone else if I thought they could build something neat back up with it.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #12 on: 14 Dec 2016, 14:01 »

What I'd like to see is an alliance that inherits the space that Electus Matari previously occupied. That is to say Republican loyalists, but with a fairly broad range of political positions within that.

With enough muscle to take a poke at pirate groups preying on Minmatar low-sec and null-sec trade, and possibly give CODES's Minmatar space representatives a kicking. Got to find something for the more aggressive pilots to do after all.

The Sanmatar's trip to the coronation also opens up the possibility of relations with Imperial groups more complicated than "grrr, slavers."
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #13 on: 14 Dec 2016, 21:23 »

The Sanmatar's trip to the coronation also opens up the possibility of relations with Imperial groups more complicated than "grrr, slavers."

And this is a good thing.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Utari Onzo

« Reply #14 on: 16 Dec 2016, 14:44 »

What I'd like to see is an alliance that inherits the space that Electus Matari previously occupied. That is to say Republican loyalists, but with a fairly broad range of political positions within that.

With enough muscle to take a poke at pirate groups preying on Minmatar low-sec and null-sec trade, and possibly give CODES's Minmatar space representatives a kicking. Got to find something for the more aggressive pilots to do after all.

Good luck getting the kinda numbers for that while still being able to retain a distinct RP identity. Most RP groups that end up getting the numbers to compete with todays lowsec 'pirate' groups end up very much not RP anymore outside of a dedicated few.

Sorry if that comes across strong, but, sadly it's been my experience with PIE (too few numbers) and Imp Dreams/CVA (big numbers, next to no RP outside of a handful of usual suspects, despite Imp Dreams being RP centric and a big push to join in with fac war for a while)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5