Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the cocktail "Wild Rose" is created by Vincent Pryce and it is named after Ciarente Roth?

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: On Villore  (Read 5585 times)

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
On Villore
« on: 11 Oct 2016, 20:40 »

I am currently putting together materials for a short story or short serial project. My intention is to set the story on Villore, the current seat of government of the Gallente Federation. However, I have a very hard time finding any kind of lore bits about Villore despite the system's importance.

Does anyone have any sources for me to refer to? It could be PF, wiki articles, even player-created stories. I do not mind collaborating with other writers to ensure that whatever I am writing is consistent with what's already around.
« Last Edit: 11 Oct 2016, 22:37 by Elmund Egivand »
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Nissui

Re: On Villore
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2016, 11:54 »

Source: nothing.
Chronicles: few mentions in name only.
Region description: a joke.
Senate/Supreme Court corp descriptions: nothing.

Can't say I can blame you for the trouble, seeing what there is to work with. Maybe focus on FW alliance history, like GMVA. Certainly more viable than PF. Failing that, make shit up. Who's to refute you, CCP?

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2016, 20:50 »

Source: nothing.
Chronicles: few mentions in name only.
Region description: a joke.
Senate/Supreme Court corp descriptions: nothing.

Can't say I can blame you for the trouble, seeing what there is to work with. Maybe focus on FW alliance history, like GMVA. Certainly more viable than PF. Failing that, make shit up. Who's to refute you, CCP?

They don't even have a 'capital city' name!

Story's mostly about baseliners though, so I guess I must put my Bullshit level V to good use.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 13 Oct 2016, 12:58 »

didnt the eve fiction portal had something about it? backstage had a copy of it...

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #4 on: 13 Oct 2016, 19:09 »

didnt the eve fiction portal had something about it? backstage had a copy of it...

That was the first place I searched. All I got out of it was the Gallente Federation centre of government moved from Gallente Prime to Villore. That's it.

Source has no details whatsoever.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #5 on: 15 Oct 2016, 00:36 »

As the central political world of a multi-stellar system, there are going to be all kinds of politicians, lobbyists, campaigners, pressure groups, disgruntled petitioners, and agency officials, everywhere.

And journalists too.

Every nightclub, bar, restaurant, or other social venue, is likely to be crawling with them, all looking for the angle that'll get them to their political goals, squashing their rivals beneath them.

It's also likely to be among the higher-tech Gallente worlds, so drone police, hovercars, avant-garde fashion, and things of that nature, are going to be pretty common, I think.
\o/

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #6 on: 15 Oct 2016, 02:11 »

I'm also thinking that since there is those Black Eagles folks running around now, there's probably cameras everywhere. Discrete and well-hidden cameras.

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #7 on: 21 Oct 2016, 07:22 »

I did some digging through the old blog stuff (which I off-lined, but I've failed to delete it all yet).  Here's some random Villore-related text that may or may not be useful.  "Garda" is a name I used for a suburb of the capital.

She hadn't missed Villore Prime's suburban artificial gardens-within-a-desert views, but she couldn't deny that she'd gotten a nice one.

[...]

It'd take even the best of them an hour to get to the building from the spaceport through early rush traffic -- not that she could say for certain that the Party wouldn't risk hiring resources that were already planetside. It didn't seem likely, considering that it was difficult to breathe on Villore Prime without tripping over a reporter, but...

[...]

"Spaceport," she told the cab's AI, which was a blank orb of greenish light until it identified her language choice. It then mutated into a blandly pleasant blend of male and female Gallente features.

"Arrivals or Departures?" it chirped.

The door shut, and the auto-harness buckled her in.

[...]

She was dreaming of home again. Garda, in ruins: its tidy tan-and-sienna-and-ochre-and-white cube houses, lush walled gardens and quiet streets after an orbital bombardment.

I've lost the original links to the pictures that inspired me, but here are some other ones:

Single Family Home (http://www.cubebreaker.com/desert-home-courtyard/)
Office Building (http://www.contemporist.com/2013/10/06/dear-ginza-building-by-amano-design-office/dg_061013_04/)

The general take I had when decorating that bit of my sandbox was that Villore was the Federation's Brasilia.  It was designed to be the government center, whereas governmental centers more or less evolved on Gallente Prime, in the messy way things do.  So, it's a bit too clean, a bit too sterile.  The cities probably do have slums, but they've no doubt been turned into living art installations (convenient for politicians to pose in front of when they want to look like they care about social issues).
« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2016, 07:28 by Vieve »

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #8 on: 21 Oct 2016, 23:22 »

Every bit helps. Villore Prime's the capital city of the planet, I take it?

Story's going to take place in the city centre, featuring a Minmatar diner, and the slums or the Old Town district or whatever passes for it, in an abandoned automotive or semiconductor factory or warehouse or somesuch.

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
« Reply #9 on: 23 Oct 2016, 06:21 »

I was using Villore Prime as the name of the planet.  I believe there's another planet in the system named Moroses and it's possible that others there are also named (were I in-game these days, I could check, but I'm not).

I think the capitol might have a name, but I can't remember where I saw it.

Veiki

• Egger
« Reply #10 on: 23 Oct 2016, 10:48 »

I remember the seat of government in Villore being something like Libertalia or something equally gauche like that when they moved the capital from Luminaire.Don't quote me on that.

Given that, other cities are probably called things like Federalopolis, New Gallentia, and Las Libertad.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #11 on: 23 Oct 2016, 21:36 »

I also like to add that my general impression of a Gallente city is the core worlds is that the general architecture follows a neo-Art Decor motif. Kind of like Transistor's Cloudbank.

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
« Reply #12 on: 24 Oct 2016, 11:49 »

Libertopolis.  The only reference I can find to it anymore is in Mark726's Eve Lore Survival Guide, which seems to think it's the name of the planet -- eh.  I'd definitely check the planet name in game.  That is, if I could.

Persephone Alleile

• Probe Operator
  • Clonejack
« Reply #13 on: 26 Oct 2016, 09:14 »

Umm, I believe it's just called Villore IV in-game. But yeah I've seen the name of the capitol listed as Libertopolis somewhere or other.

As for architecture I'd imagine there's a lot of crystalline carbonide fronted buildings and curvy shapes that the Gallente seem to love.
« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2016, 09:24 by Persephone Alleile »

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #14 on: 26 Oct 2016, 10:55 »

"Villore IV (better known as Libertopolis) is the symbolic capital world."

from: http://wiki.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?title=Government_of_the_Gallente_Federation&oldid=191814

there is a lot of stuff here :O
\o/
Pages: [1] 2 3