Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Electus Matari lost over 400 members at the start of its war with PIE Inc?

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Pakhshi Part 2  (Read 7453 times)

Ria Nieyli

• Delicate Feminine Flower
  • Egger
Re: Pakhshi Part 2
« Reply #15 on: 29 Feb 2016, 07:33 »

I don't know, the first iteration crashed and burnt due to people meddling OOC. There's little motivation to be the noman amidst a bunch of yesmen.
My entire RP career has coalesced around being 'that guy' to some extent.  If there's a way I can be 'that guy' for this thing, I'll participate - if not, I'll quietly leave it alone, like I do most other big public event things that players organize (I try not to ever just shit something up for the sake of doing so).

It's not about shitting up things or being that guy, it's more of a if you're not buying the party line you get discounted out of hand. That's a general issue with the EVE playerbase though and it's not something that can be fixed in any manner.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #16 on: 29 Feb 2016, 11:39 »

If your method of playing a no-man is anything like your method of trying to argue a point on these forums then it's no surprise that you find yourself getting discounted "out of hand."
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Ria Nieyli

• Egger
« Reply #17 on: 29 Feb 2016, 12:12 »

I could say the same about other people's method of arguing.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #18 on: 29 Feb 2016, 12:25 »

I managed to avoid being discounted out-of-hand in either of two ways, every time:

Way 1: I shot at people and/or presented myself for shooting.

Way 2: I wrote good fiction and people were interested enough to engage with it non-violently.

I can't remember ever simply being ignored when I actively sought attention.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Ria Nieyli

• Egger
« Reply #19 on: 29 Feb 2016, 12:29 »

Yeah, but I operate in an altered state 24/7 so communication with the majority of people tends to be pretty hard. As for fiction, I've tried, but writing huge blocks of text is too tiring and it's not something that I'm good at. Although people have told me they liked it, so don't know.

Utari Onzo

« Reply #20 on: 29 Feb 2016, 13:43 »

Right, time to get the ball rolling with concrete stuff on this. To begin with, jobs.

I'll be going for chair for this again (so save me god) and I think Aedre might be looking at secretary, but they seem pretty bogged down on work. Any other interested parties in being actively involved in running this contact me, we still need a PR person. Thick hide of Titanium is recommended for the role.

Letos

« Reply #21 on: 05 Mar 2016, 07:05 »

Belatedly I found this thread! Cool idea. I liked the first peace conference, just for roleplay's sake. The impact was small but the contributions and results were remarkable, in my opinion. Haria would offer her service as the public communications officer/PR staff.

Putting the focus on capsuleer/CONCORD relationship is a good thing, I think. A relevant and present topic. Thanks for the initiative!

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #22 on: 06 Mar 2016, 15:26 »

Why recruitment for positions et cetera does not happen IC tends to raise eyebrows with me. Is there too much RP in EVE currently, or are people too short on time to RP it out IC?
-OOChé

Utari Onzo

« Reply #23 on: 07 Mar 2016, 00:46 »

Why recruitment for positions et cetera does not happen IC tends to raise eyebrows with me. Is there too much RP in EVE currently, or are people too short on time to RP it out IC?

I thought it best to be honest in an OOC fashion here that the job needed filling and it needed a thick hide. Aedre's role was initially filled in an IC fashion and he took it up again after an IC meeting.

Bear in mind the last Press Officer burned out of the job and out of the game, Liam and I were privy to a metric ass tonne of petty drama. I think it important to note that point here, but actual interviews have been and always will be done IC.

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #24 on: 07 Mar 2016, 12:56 »

Caldari Delegate 4 Lyfe

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #25 on: 07 Mar 2016, 20:46 »

I'm not actually sure what role Morwen might be best suited for whether it's one of these organizational things, or a regular delegate spot. Would like to be involved in some manner... I'm just hoping this doesn't end up being during my summer roadtrip. xD
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Utari Onzo

« Reply #26 on: 08 Mar 2016, 11:59 »

It'll mostly be forum based, ideally for me as well should I get elected to CSM, so as long as you can post there you can participate. I'm hoping to keep the in-game stuff down for formalities, press conferences and the like, with the actual work and debate happening out of the game on the forums.

Omega Jovakko

• Hero of Justice
  • Clonejack
  • Finest words
« Reply #27 on: 02 Apr 2016, 17:17 »

Right, time to get the ball rolling with concrete stuff on this. To begin with, jobs.

I'll be going for chair for this again (so save me god) and I think Aedre might be looking at secretary, but they seem pretty bogged down on work. Any other interested parties in being actively involved in running this contact me, we still need a PR person. Thick hide of Titanium is recommended for the role.

I'd like to involve myself in this, I am fairly good with Public Relations and my bones are fairly sturdy. if anything I'd like to at least listen in on the talks and throw in two cents here and there

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #28 on: 22 Jul 2016, 07:32 »

This still happening? Dunno if I'd participate personally, but it wouldn't hurt to observe.
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Lunarisse Aspenstar

• Egger
« Reply #29 on: 22 Jul 2016, 09:06 »

I believe it is not (at least, not at this time).
Pages: 1 [2] 3