Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Intaki who supported Caldari independence from the Federation were first exiled from the Federation, and then attacked by Caldari radicals demanding the expulsion of all foreigners? For more, read here.

Author Topic: Conclave of Providence  (Read 1321 times)

Utari Onzo

Conclave of Providence
« on: 29 Jul 2016, 14:33 »

So before my glorious burn out and other things, I was running a little internal event for Providence, the Conclave of Providence. Basically, the region's own kinda sorta Council of Nicea. On the table were topics such as Holdership creation, Slavery, Titles and the amendment of Operation Deliverance. The entire event was held on forums, and would have been the set up I'd have used for Pakhshi Part 2. Since I'm not in a position to do this, I'll instead outline the event here so peeps can draw inspiration/critique.

So, to begin with in chronological order, I set up a sign up page with the following introductory leaflet to explain how the event would run. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C62UbAV1Q86ji3EabMa239vhMavxCCrsA4oT2s2yLM8/edit?usp=sharing

Sign ups were good, we ended up with a lot of delegates and a niced sized Council. This event was geared specifically with having as many non-rpers as possible join up, and it seems they did.

The idea behind the Council would be able to serve as a check and balance on any delegate introducing proposals that would basically over step the Conclave's mission, or simply considered dangerous. For the most part, it worked, as it required unity on the Council's part to be able to hammer proposals down. Unfortunately, with the issue of RP newbies who may/may not be strong in the lore, or people who's characters were particularly radical, the hammer down on the proposals look harsh but remember these forums are entirely 100% in character. Where needed, I actively worked to inform people of lore standpoints and other OOC information to better inform why Amarr characters might take such a harsh conservative streak and encouraged others to do so. With the act we now have several new active RPers within internal Provi RP channels I think that aim turned out swell.

Anyways, on to the meat and vegetables, the forums themselves. They're read only if you fancy seeing the set up and how it all panned out.

http://conclave.provibloc.net/index.php?sid=ccbda7538de7cb4d115746f884567cd5

I split the proposals section into 3 major themes with the strict ruling that proposals line up orderly into them. This may have been a bit overkill, as with nearly 20 delegates signed up I was expecting a deluge of proposals which would be hard to keep up with, but in the end we might have been able to manage with just one forum rather then subsections of the larger one. It also served to end up chopping big proposals people had planned into lots of smaller ones, but again we got by. Advice/criticism welcome here.

Finally, in case you don't fancy digging around we have the end result 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k2WwznoA0RsEUg5FA7zqs2snGNEYibv-ekj1uw-4q4k/edit?usp=sharing

Document isn't as fancy as I'd have liked it to have been, and it took quite a bit of waiting on if EQ the leader of the Providence Coalition had any objections (he still hasn't gotten back weeks later) but there it is.

Here's hoping the set up will inspire others, and a taste of what my plans for Pakhshi would have been. It's not a perfect system, and not everything went as smoothly as I'd have hoped but in the end I'd say having gained more roleplayers then we started with I'd call it a success. That and this really is a part of Providence player lore now.

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
Re: Conclave of Providence
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jul 2016, 15:50 »

Well done Utari, I applaud your efforts and hope managing this project didn't drain you out so much that you will not be able to continue participating in the SSI2 and related projects. :)
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Skyweir Kinnison

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 01 Aug 2016, 06:00 »

The document is fascinating and it looks like you put in a huge amount of work which gave excellent results. Well done indeed!

Syagrius

• Egger
    • Memoirs of a Madman.
« Reply #3 on: 01 Aug 2016, 10:39 »

There has been a bit of discussion of the Conclave in the Villore Assembly, which I found interesting.

ChristianBlood

• Clonejack
« Reply #4 on: 01 Aug 2016, 12:18 »

Utari,
As a participant, and new to both Eve and RP in Eve, I must say that the experience was an absolute blast.  It did enlighten me to truly immense the lore of Eve truly is.  Also it did make me question several things about my toon, so a big thanks to you to you for ALL of your efforts.

Yours in Service,
ChristianBlood

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 03 Aug 2016, 08:47 »

just for the fact it enticed new people to try out RP and read the lore, i would consider the event succesful.