Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The True Slaves are loyal, implant controlled slave troops of Sansha Kuvakei? Moar here.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada  (Read 11829 times)

Kasuko

• Wetgraver
  • Impunetrable
Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada
« Reply #60 on: 30 Apr 2016, 05:55 »

I think it's rather enjoyable. Good, even. And probably the best we're likely to get for long time.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #61 on: 04 May 2016, 14:08 »

i completed the campaign.

some bits of it are a bit of a drag.

Some of the missions are rather frustrating at times.

Particularly, planetary assault, and data recovery. Whether as attacker or defender.

On planetary assaults in the campaign, the Imperial ships really lack pace, which makes reaching the objective within the time limit difficult. Similarly, on defence, they lack the pace to intercept Chaos ships, especially Chaos light cruisers.

Data recovery, is a rather silly hot-potato game. Best to take lots of light cruisers for that, and teleport strike.
\o/

Vikarion

« Reply #62 on: 13 Jun 2016, 16:11 »

I've been playing through the campaign, and really enjoying it (for the most part, as LD says, a few missions are...annoying). It's a fun game, obviously still being balanced, though.

I think a key to an easier time playing the campaign is to make sure your ships have some mobility - I tend to equip my larger ships with the ability that recharges your combustion meter, and also fit them with a micro warp jump drive. Even so, Imperial ships are still pretty slow. On the plus side, a Retribution with a power ram and a full combustion meter can pretty much kill anything it gets close enough to to ram.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]