Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Hyasyoda megacorporation is part of the 'liberal' faction, but is internally extremely conservative in business and its internal culture, with a great deal of pressure for employees to 'fit in'? It is still largely owned by the founding Osmon family.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada  (Read 11783 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada
« Reply #45 on: 16 Mar 2016, 15:24 »

Yea I think it only xfers 100 points now.

These two nerfs combined have pretty much destroyed my fleet build, not sure if I'm going to bother playing any more Chaos until the beta wipe at this rate, can't stomach re-grinding all the marks over again... might just wait until orks/eldar are out..

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #46 on: 16 Mar 2016, 15:26 »

They also nerfed Slanesh marks, they only do +10% insurrection now, it was 3000% per ship lol.

It seems like the Khorne/Nurgle markes are just 1000x more useful than Zeentch/Slaanesh right now?

Utari Onzo

« Reply #47 on: 16 Mar 2016, 15:43 »

Ah, boo, well nova spam is still op anyways.

Aelisha

• Egger
  • Maker of ISK, Supplier of SRPs
« Reply #48 on: 16 Mar 2016, 17:23 »

The shield transfer is still plenty powerful, it just isn't op invincible shield mode any more. Novas are still OP, but I am finding ways to counter them (long range Acheron spam with shield transfers is one such way). On anything with a nova, either close in or aim for weapons - then ova takes crits more often than most other weaponry.

I think the issue with novas atm is their proliferation. A cap on novas (say, 1 nova cannon per classifications - 1 x Cruiser, 1 x BC, etc) would stop it getting silly while not removing the potent field clearing capabilities of the cannon. My issue atm is with 5 x Nova fleets - instant killing assassination targets or breaking lines in two volleys is funny a few times (for the guy doing it) but the issue with computer games is that unlike tabletop, you can't escape 'that guy'.

DISCLAIMER: I am not saying everyone who runs Nova heavy fleets is 'that guy' (I am running them and recording extreme edge cases to submit as evidence of 'flick switch to win' play styles in the hopes of balance), merely using it as a clear point of reference for people many of us may have experiences with - those who think that competition is all about salt, humiliation and crushing people without any sense of the game itself. When a game becomes 'flick switch to achieve victory with possible bonus of aggravated opponent' its basically just a breeding ground for those who would get into the deployment phase of tabletop before their opponent, seeing a line of novas, will shake their hand, wish them luck and concede the game to go play a proper game.

I really hope that the general good tabletop vibe I have been getting is complemented by dev experience that the Internet is the final refuge for 'that guy'(tm) and that if they want fleet diversity, restriction on proliferation of powerful weapons would be more potent a balancer than nerfing - nerfing will just ruin a thematic and cool weapon system while letting 'those guys' move on to the next trick.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #49 on: 16 Mar 2016, 20:43 »

Can we just..... can we just have digital 40k tabletop already with DLC armies? Like for real? That's all i want.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #50 on: 17 Mar 2016, 01:53 »

Can we just..... can we just have digital 40k tabletop already with DLC armies? Like for real? That's all i want.

did you ever play "Chaos Gate" ? a turn-based version of 40k 2nd edition, more-or-less. Ultramarines vs Word Bearers, in a series of missions.

would something like that be what you want ?
\o/

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #51 on: 17 Mar 2016, 02:08 »

I actually own a copy of 'Shadow of the Horned Rat' and I should get back to it one of these days.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Aelisha

• Egger
  • Maker of ISK, Supplier of SRPs
« Reply #52 on: 17 Mar 2016, 04:58 »

Wait for the Total Warhammer mods - they WILL come. Also for the dev team behind that game to realise that cashing in on the GW IP is a great idea atm (lots of disaffected mortgage/rent laden former enthusiasts looking to spend $50 on a game instead of $200 starting on an army (with 5 year update cycle at most).

I am honestly impressed with this BFG remake thus far and think it;s in a good state when stability fixes and maybe two or three major balance passes are all I have concerns over. Plenty of games (cough) I play now are is worse shape years after release! Also the nostalgia factor is real - this play out like tabletop played in my head, the lances strikes might be a different colour, but the feel is just right.

Now, if they can put together a real time Mordheim/Necromunda/Gorkamorka game... I like that roster building game play but turn based is a high-level strategy thing for me, tactical needs a sense of urgency! The BFG 'sometimes it is better to run' playstyle is also something I'd like to see in more games: where players carefully curate their roster and look to the next game as much as the current (also those tense lightening strikes against a fleeting battleship moment).

Now if only they could make a Rogue Trader, Space Hulk (FPS coop), or Inquisitor game without screwing the pooch...

Utari Onzo

« Reply #53 on: 02 Apr 2016, 05:03 »

Wait for the Total Warhammer mods - they WILL come. Also for the dev team behind that game to realise that cashing in on the GW IP is a great idea atm (lots of disaffected mortgage/rent laden former enthusiasts looking to spend $50 on a game instead of $200 starting on an army (with 5 year update cycle at most).

I am honestly impressed with this BFG remake thus far and think it;s in a good state when stability fixes and maybe two or three major balance passes are all I have concerns over. Plenty of games (cough) I play now are is worse shape years after release! Also the nostalgia factor is real - this play out like tabletop played in my head, the lances strikes might be a different colour, but the feel is just right.

Now, if they can put together a real time Mordheim/Necromunda/Gorkamorka game... I like that roster building game play but turn based is a high-level strategy thing for me, tactical needs a sense of urgency! The BFG 'sometimes it is better to run' playstyle is also something I'd like to see in more games: where players carefully curate their roster and look to the next game as much as the current (also those tense lightening strikes against a fleeting battleship moment).

Now if only they could make a Rogue Trader, Space Hulk (FPS coop), or Inquisitor game without screwing the pooch...

I'd be so down for an Inquisitor game. Used to love playing that at the local club till it died out, and as seems to be standard I'd almost always end up an Arbites (I seem drawn to Lawful characters on various parts of the Good/Neutral/Evil spectrum)

Anyways, steam: Utari Onzo for those that want to friend me when we can finally have co-op/invite matches for BFG:A

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #54 on: 02 Apr 2016, 10:57 »

There's already an Inquisitor game in the works. It's a Diablo clone, apparently.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #55 on: 03 Apr 2016, 10:43 »

There's already an Inquisitor game in the works. It's a Diablo clone, apparently.

Yea it's.... sigh.  lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKhFASxHiqI

ATMOSPHERIC GOTHIC SETTING.  animated attack numbers dancing off of targets!

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #56 on: 03 Apr 2016, 21:14 »

When I think of an Inquisitor game I think of an actual full blown RPG ala Baldur's Gate with more brutal combat and more investigations or something.

Nope! It's a Diablo clone! The Inquisitor is apparently a Space Marine!

That's not what Inquisitors are all about! And why does he not have his henchmen with him? No self-respecting Inquisitor goes to work without a small band of henchmen and disposable cannon fodder!

Utari Onzo

« Reply #57 on: 10 Apr 2016, 14:56 »

I'm just... I'm just going to walk away and pretend that game doesn't exist Elmund.

Anyways, think I'm gonna wait for Eldar to come out and see what balance passes they make before I seriously pick this one up again. It's been a lot of fun so far, but god multiplay can be super unfun with endless cheese builds.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #58 on: 10 Apr 2016, 17:25 »

Devs have been bad with balancing, overbuffing or overnerfing.

In closed Beta the Eldar were problematic, super micro-intensive.

IIRC your shields only work if you are moving, if velocity drops to 0 you have no shields.  All weapons were prow weapons I think? So its zoom and boom or die.  Immobilizing things like stasis bombs are bad news.  And considering 2/4 factions have to basically have immobilizing kit on at all times to even work (orks use them to catch people, chaos to keep away), it's a tough order.

I think eldar under PC control were epic good but very hard to use by players.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #59 on: 28 Apr 2016, 11:37 »

STEAM was very fast and prompt with my refund for this awful game ;)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5